The ToyFair, will be on 14 to 17 February?

So in just over three weeks, they should show these new sets?

So in just over three weeks, they should show these new sets?

Yes, they will be showing the 2015 2H sets at the show and it's only 9 days away now.

Was 8843 the only set that had the long 9L single acting cylinder? I don't remember seeing it in any other set.

There we're two sets, 8843 & 8680 (that has two of them) + two service packs

There we're two sets, 8843 & 8680 (that has two of them) + two service packs

Yes, you are right about 8680 having 2 of them! I remember having a leaflet that had 8640 and 8680 on it as a kid and I wanted them so badly at the time. Have you any details on the service packs? Them 9L single acting rams were made from 100% plastic and my guess is that they bent quite a bit when extended fully too.

You can find the info at Bricklink .. I'm using a tablet and I'm not smart enough to post a link :devil:

Ur sarcasm is getting boring!

Aw, davidmull, where's your usual sense of fun today :wink: So anyway, what do you think the crawler crane B-model might be? It has those grab claws...

No, the fair will be on 28 Jan. to 2 February!

Yes, they will be showing the 2015 2H sets at the show and it's only 9 days away now.

Thank you,

I mistook with ToyFairsNY, will be in February.

Then there remain only 9 days. Can not wait.

From what I can make out on 42043, it looks to me like we have 3 different size pneumatic rams and my guess is that they are:

1 x 5L closed length - for opening/closing the grab (new cylinder type)

1 x 7L closed length - for working the elbow of the jib (same as what we have on the Unimog etc)

2 x 9L closed length - one for raising the jib (guess) and one for extending the jib (definitely) (new cylinder type)

So why the new title Pneumatic 2.0:

Is it just because they added 2 new cylinder sizes?

Have they improved the seals on all cylinders?

Maybe even new valves, but I doubt it

And it will be interesting to see if they will have 1 or 2 compressors to fill them longer cylinders

Edited by Conor Hyland

And it will be interesting to see if they will have 1 or 2 compressors to fill them longer cylinders

Don't know

Don't know

Don't know

Maybe?

:-)

Would indeed be cool if there is some sort of redesign, though I don't quite see what they could improve/redo to justify a "2.0"

The only issue I see with the new pneumatic Rams is that I like to double up the one that lifts the boom, and with it being a new piece the new longer Rams are guna be expensive to buy!

You can find the info at Bricklink .. I'm using a tablet and I'm not smart enough to post a link :devil:

Found them service packs on bricklink. Thanks!

1 : IF there are new pneumatic cylinders, it'll be V3.0

2 : Probably not, the pressure is high enough for what TLG wants to do with them

3 : Don't think so, I think pneumatic parts/molds are expensive enough and are only used in very few sets

4 : That would not be expensive. I allways use two, to balance the rotating mechanism and supply more air

2 : Probably not, the pressure is high enough for what TLG wants to do with them

Already working pressure on most pumps is high enough that it's easy for hoses to blow off parts. Can't see TLG introducing hose clamps :wink:

3 : Don't think so, I think pneumatic parts/molds are expensive enough and are only used in very few sets

Shame, current valve is leaky even at low pressures and imo, it feels a bit junky. Proportional flow control nothing but dreams and won't happen, but for an open/shut valve, it would be nice if it felt a little bit more positive (clicky), and in my dream, easier to control with a motor.

Ho, if this Arocs set had new valves, I might consider buying it. Obviously I'd make a point of being disappointed by everything about it, but new valves for €200 is a good deal. :innocent:

Dokludi has mad replica-building skills, but the disappointment I now feel about this set is simply unmeasurable.

There is absolutely no way I'm buying the thing that Dokludi has made.

No way I'm buying that replica. NO UNICORN INCLUDED.

I should say now, I'm already disappointed with the crane. That's based on the pictures I've seen (none), and the replica (none). Just wanted to get that in before anyone else. :innocent:

Wait! You're saying the crawler crane has pneumatics too! That is totally unrealistic. I already wasn't going to buy it, but I'm definitely not buying it now.

OK, you've made it pretty clear that you don't like the models, but you haven't said a single word about what it is that you don't like about them. This isn't very helpful in conveying your thoughts to the other members. I can't tell if you are trying to be sarcastic, but if so a single sarcastic post would have probably covered it.

Well I thought this was a serious thread for information for serious collectors and serious AFOLs. It seems to just be discussion, speculation, rumours, and misunderstandings :angry:

Is this also supposed to be sarcasm? This thread is all about discussion, speculation, and rumors.

Already working pressure on most pumps is high enough that it's easy for hoses to blow off parts. Can't see TLG introducing hose clamps :wink:

Shame, current valve is leaky even at low pressures and imo, it feels a bit junky. Proportional flow control nothing but dreams and won't happen, but for an open/shut valve, it would be nice if it felt a little bit more positive (clicky), and in my dream, easier to control with a motor.

Ho, if this Arocs set had new valves, I might consider buying it. Obviously I'd make a point of being disappointed by everything about it, but new valves for €200 is a good deal. :innocent:

Hose clamp :

6246d.jpg

To control the airflow, I use the threaded axle with a steering wheel on top. That pushes down a 2x4 plate with holes and threaded nut on top to squeeze the tubing. Works nicely and looks authentic

Any chance someone could PM me the photo? Thanks!

Okay, lets STOP asking people for the photo. This is getting out of hand. Be patient and wait for the toy fair. Or ask someone via PM or email or whatever, but stop begging in this topic.

I have a question guys...probably was said but I may have missed it: anybody know what color the crawler crane will be?