Sir Brickalot

Simpsons 2015 Rumors and Discussion

while casual fans certainly out number hardcore fans, personally I don't see casual fans buying these. To me this item primarily sells to people who are pretty into it.

I gotta disagree. With the first series, I saw so many of my friends who otherwise don't really care about LEGO or haven't watched the Simpsons in years buy a lot of these. And it seems like most of them were interested in getting the core family first (or at the very least Bart and Homer) and then one or two of their favorite side characters in the series. The Simpsons House set (and the rumored Kwik-E-Mart set this year), yes, those are geared towards the hardcore fans. I mean, you'd have to be to throw down $200 like that. The minifigure series however is geared towards those casual fans, since it's only $4, which makes it a perfect impulse buy. The casual fan can throw a few bucks down and get a few little cool decorations for their work desk or whatever. I have a feeling TLG will take the same approach with the next series and rumored set. The core family in new variants and a few fan favorite characters in the minifigure line for the casual fans, and the set for the hardcore fans.

And let's face it, a lot of us hardcore fans are going to buy all 16 of the minifigures no matter who they end up being. Heck, they could release a series of nothing but 16 Bart variants and I'd still end up getting them all because I'm a sucker like that. :tongue:

And let's face it, a lot of us hardcore fans are going to buy all 16 of the minifigures no matter who they end up being. Heck, they could release a series of nothing but 16 Bart variants and I'd still end up getting them all because I'm a sucker like that. :tongue:

True but don't let Lego find out or they might start putting out random variants in with game and dvds and who knows what.

Well... that would be 16 new mould heads + 1 Itchy's tail + Maggie's body + moulded short legs + moulded short sleeves. So, 20 new moulds in a CMF series. That's a record.

I didn't realise that before. We could expect the same in Series 2.

About new moulds in the family, maybe we'll get just minimal changes like Bart with his lucky red cap or Homer with his typical grin:

Homersimpson.jpg

I guess you can count those, and if you do, you have to count the dual-colored legs as new moulds as well. :wink:

Indeed, although those aren't specific to this theme. They can (and, indeed, already have) use(d) them for "regular," non-Simpsons LEGO, and will surely use them more over time. Most of the molds introduced for this theme, though, will surely be forever tied to this theme and this theme alone (as they'll mostly be character heads and the like).

Well... that would be 16 new mould heads + 1 Itchy's tail + Maggie's body + moulded short legs + moulded short sleeves. So, 20 new moulds in a CMF series. That's a record.

I didn't realise that before. We could expect the same in Series 2.

More than that, actually, since there are two versions of those new sleeve-molded arms - left and right, so that's 21. Quite a few, especially since just over three quarters of them can't be used in any theme other than this one.

You don't know because you don't know they are correct or you don't know because of any restrictions? :grin:

A friend showed me hints for 6 out of 16 of Simpsons series 2 but I don't know if I can tell those.

Please share the hints.

Edited by amazingbricks

They are correct, I know 6 out of 16.

They are 6 iconic characters, one to me is very strange, I would have never said.

But I yet don't know wheter I can share this informations in public.

Which begs the question: Why even bring it up here? You can't tell us anything. What's the point of teasing us like that?

They are correct, I know 6 out of 16.

They are 6 iconic characters, one to me is very strange, I would have never said.

But I yet don't know wheter I can share this informations in public.

Please share then? You shouldn't post something like that and not give us any hint to who we might be getting. :grin:

Hm, are these the six minifigures?

http://item.taobao.c...&id=40878826304

http://item.taobao.c...&id=40863454325

http://item.taobao.c...&id=41879418400

http://item.taobao.c...&id=40845787865

P45Zlgo.jpg

3jMY0Rb.jpg

fi26mwz.jpg

5UiGHYG.jpg

CvdcimE.jpg

Z7TXIrz.jpg

SnbaVRS.jpg

And even Zoidberg!

39OElot.jpg

http://item.taobao.c...&id=40518337101

(Probably just the Series 13 Alien Trooper)

So we're getting...

Smithers

Patty

Snake

Professor Frink

Comic Book Guy

Willie

Dr. Hibbert

Santa's Little Helper as an accesory

And definitely Selma, though we haven't seen any of her moulds.

Edited by just2good

Smithers and Frink ? Yes !

I hope we'll get Moe. I need an army of Moes. :laugh:

Finally a Professor Frink, but I am still waiting for the torso.

And also Snake Jailbird will be included in this series, but he did not appeared in Brick Like Me.

Maybe soon they will make another LEGO-themed simpsons episode that would feature Sideshow Bob and Snake Jailbird as their main antagonists.

Perhaps that new slushee part comes in the rumored Kwik-E-Mart ? :wink:

They don't make new moulds in D2C sets, which makes me think a minifigure from Series 2 will have it. Hopefully with slight variation as well.

So now that we know Snake is one of the minifigures, it's probably a safe bet he'll be in the Kwik-E-Mart. Maybe even with Li'l Bandit! Really hoping Jasper makes it into the lineup so we can have Frostillicus too.

So now that we know Snake is one of the minifigures, it's probably a safe bet he'll be in the Kwik-E-Mart. Maybe even with Li'l Bandit! Really hoping Jasper makes it into the lineup so we can have Frostillicus too.

Yes you're right! He should be in the set, not in Simpsons series 2.

Yes you're right! He should be in the set, not in Simpsons series 2.

Well, he pretty much has to be in the minifigure series in order to be in the set. As a D2C, the set couldn't contain any new molds that aren't also in production elsewhere.