CM4Sci

2015 Speed Champions Sets - Rumours and Discussion

Here's an idea LEGO.....polybags of pit crew with tools, etc., or rescue/medical personal, etc.,......just thinking out loud ? :wink:

Like the Starter Packs in City or Battle Packs in SW? Neat.

Here's a few random shots:

decided to tool around my new Speed Champions set after buying it in Vegas. Then instagrammed it with Top Gear-style filters. My only regret is not buying a companion 918 and P1 while doing the same shot. This was shot at the lowest point, 282 feet below sea level.

16771639619_96af1b59c9.jpg

Also, some other shots ---

16770141468_24d3559202_m.jpg16335455204_2f42f7f441_n.jpg

Now, in my next vacation I will try to revert to my 8-9 year old self and bring LEGO MOC/Speed Champions cars with me.

Hello, stupid question: if you had to but only two of the four cars, which ones would you get?

Lego, of course, not the real ones ;)

I think the McLaren is the best of the lot although both Ferrari's aren't too bad either.

Hello, stupid question: if you had to but only two of the four cars, which ones would you get?

Lego, of course, not the real ones ;)

The McLaren P1 (because it's a McLaren, and British), and the 458 GT2 (because it's the only one in racing colours, and can compete with the lonely 60053 race car).

If it had to be just one, it would be the 458, which I already have. I was thinking of avoiding the other two anyway.

Mclaren and Laferrari, best looking SCH sets also with biggest piece count.

McLaren, as a fan of the real car the model isn't very accurate, but then neither is the Porsche, or either Ferrari. the Light Orange color of the McLaren though I really do enjoy even if finding parts for modding it is difficult. the LaFerrari is second fairly good model, and the unprinted canopy is very useful for mocs.

Ok, the Porsche is out :)

I think I will eventually build a 911 with some BL orders.

I also think I want the McLaren, and then I need a Ferrari to beat the McLaren ;)

Now, I'll have to decide between LaFerrari and 458.. thanks everybody for your reviews and suggestions!

Well which ones would look the best / most accurate without stickers? For me it's LaFerrari and the 911s. But since 911s arent in a $15 box then 918 gets the nod. the P1 is easily the worst for me IMO, even moreso without stickers.

I finished building the F1 Truck today, completing all the current Speed Champion sets. Here is all of the in one pic with the road plates as a base.

16806104088_750b47fa7c_h.jpg

Lego send Deadmau5 a blue P1. Looks great

CBZSTIDUwAAMVFA.jpg

Holy Cowell that's the blue I want! He's pretty lucky!

Who knew XCAR would be the ones that will do The Test We've All Been Waiting For?!

And... OK, I don't want to spoil you. Just watch.

Oh, so it's Craig Callum that leads the Speed Champs design team.

Now i'm beginning to realize that the F1 cars' front area has to be 4 studs longer beginning from the front end of the cockpit.

Edited by XAxles

Who knew XCAR would be the ones that will do The Test We've All Been Waiting For?!

And... OK, I don't want to spoil you. Just watch.

that hilarious, thanks for sharing it!

Also I think they need a more professional builder, I mean did you see how badly stickered the Ferrari was? the others weren't perfect but the back of that Ferrari was really bad. clearly they cut corners to improve their time. McLaren could have won if a proper builder had been at the bricks! I demand a retest :tongue:

Here is my review of the F14 T and Scuderia Truck set for those interested in reading. It is pretty similar to the 2008 set but looks better and $20 more expensive. The minifigures are kinda meh and lacks in variety since they all have similar torsos but the rest of the set is pretty neat. Just a bit expensive for my tastes though.

Review: http://brickpreviews.com/lego-speed-champions-75913-f14-t-scuderia-ferrari-truck-review/

16816916510_fd2520544d_z.jpg

16384301783_e5c54a23e2_z.jpg

16797013917_d60567f29a_z.jpg

16816676098_dd1eda04e7_z.jpg

Lego send Deadmau5 a blue P1: https://twitter.com/...743711819407360

Looks great

:drool: Oh my goodness. Now I want a P1 in blue, my favourite colour. If only the stickers were printed on clear backgrounds and the canopy wasn't printed, I'd go rooting around for the blue bricks needed right now... Lucky him is all I'll say.

Well, I could always cut the yellow out of the stickers I suppose, but my hands are nowhere near steady enough for it :look:

:drool: Oh my goodness. Now I want a P1 in blue, my favourite colour. If only the stickers were printed on clear backgrounds and the canopy wasn't printed, I'd go rooting around for the blue bricks needed right now... Lucky him is all I'll say.

Well, I could always cut the yellow out of the stickers I suppose, but my hands are nowhere near steady enough for it :look:

Hmmm... maybe scan a copy of the sticker sheet and run it in GIMP so you can recolor it?

that hilarious, thanks for sharing it!

22 seconds fastest time. So... did they do a standing mile DR?

Here is my review of the F14 T and Scuderia Truck set for those interested in reading. It is pretty similar to the 2008 set but looks better and $20 more expensive. The minifigures are kinda meh and lacks in variety since they all have similar torsos but the rest of the set is pretty neat. Just a bit expensive for my tastes though.

I'm glad you have a good time reviewing these sets, but if you'd put a little more effort into actually putting them together properly, I'm sure the reviews would be so much better. How can you not notice that there's a 1x2 plate missing on the front end of that Ferrari F1 - with the big drop and exposed studs between the two curved slopes - and that in all your pictures, there's a wedge piece missing right in front of the cockpit of the McLaren F1? And where's the Ferrari's camera, the 1x2 black jumper plate? If people are going to consider buying sets based on your reviews, they need to see what they actually look like.

Edited by L@go

Lovely pics of the Ferrari Wooootles. Love the scenery!

Also, great pic of all the sets together, brickpreviews. I haven't got as much interest in the F1 cars but seeing them all together like that is really something!

Finally, gotta love that blue P1. So gorgeous!

You couldn't make the blue P1 even ignoring the stickers and canopy, the wheel arches dont exist in blue (other than the ones on that blue P1 and whatever LEGO has in its labs)

I'm glad you have a good time reviewing these sets, but if you'd put a little more effort into actually putting them together properly, I'm sure the reviews would be so much better. How can you not notice that there's a 1x2 plate missing on the front end of that Ferrari F1 - with the big drop and exposed studs between the two curved slopes - and that in all your pictures, there's a wedge piece missing right in front of the cockpit of the McLaren F1? And where's the Ferrari's camera, the 1x2 black jumper plate? If people are going to consider buying sets based on your reviews, they need to see what they actually look like.

In both cases you have mentioned, I missed a single piece of brick in places that aren't too obvious. I will double check next time the completed model just to make sure so thanks for pointing that out. I am not sure what the effort comment is about though. It is easy to miss a step sometimes and these models are not hastily built as I take many photographs of the build process in between. I am sure we all have builds where we are missing 1-2 pieces until someone pointed it out. I am not sure what you are referring by Ferrari's camera so if you can elaborate on that it would be great.