CM4Sci

LEGO CREATOR 2015 Rumours & Discussion

I wait for better photos of that jeep, I like small-medium lego cars, this also look interesting.If there will be suspension, this would be great.

So, finally: This is the red go-kart. :sweet:

I think, it is a very nice set with a lot of details. And the price is fine for 106 parts.

My review:

Rather interesting set. Love the Mario Kart feel to the set and the parts look pretty awesome too. Great for the price. I should really get into Creator more. It is kind of the heart of LEGO, using new techniques with the normal, LEGO pieces we all know and love.

Hey guys, I'm not usually a creator fan, but dam that fighter jet looks amazing!

+1 - though I am a creator fan. That would have to be the cleanest fighter jet I've seen, mocs included. Looks like an F/A-18, but single engined. Definitely blue angels inspired.

So, browsing Brickset i see this amazing Blue Power Jet - 31039.

Anyone has info on the release date of this set?

Do creator sets come in waves as well? (summer, winter)

+1 - though I am a creator fan. That would have to be the cleanest fighter jet I've seen, mocs included. Looks like an F/A-18, but single engined. Definitely blue angels inspired.

I thought immediately of F35 Raptor.

Is LEGO going to produce military-like models?

Is LEGO going to produce military-like models?

They've been doing that for years already.

Fast Flyers (F-15 Eagle)

Sonic Boom

Super Soarer (Jaguar?)

See also the alternate models for these:

Propeller Power (Harrier)

Propeller Adventures

In some cases it would require some interest in military vehicles to say for certain what these are based on. I suspect that the Blue Power Jet is only causing such a fuss because it is both recent and based on a controversial project. The stuff I've listed above is certainly not all of the things that have appeared in the past, and there will surely be more things like this in future, so it's a bit pointless to worry about it setting any sort of precedent.

I'm not worried in any way, it's just that as soon I saw the first picture my mind was like "F35 Raptor"...

I like airplanes, and this set just moved on my to buy list, because it looks amazing.

But you are right about the former models looking like their military counterpart, it's just off color in most cases, and it doesn't matter.

It's just fun to see the similarities and inspiration for the designer.

I'm not worried in any way, it's just that as soon I saw the first picture my mind was like "F35 Raptor"...

Ah, that wasn't directed at you specifically, more at the general concern about the model since pictures of it appeared. I'll definitely get it too (I just want some more original play features besides control surfaces, which have appeared in much cheaper sets already).

EDIT: And to address the original post, I'm guessing the set will appear around July-August. End of summer seems to be when the second wave of Creator stuff usually appears.

Edited by Gnac

EDIT: And to address the original post, I'm guessing the set will appear around July-August. End of summer seems to be when the second wave of Creator stuff usually appears.

Ah thank you. This will be a expensive summer, since I usually have no patience getting (technic) summer sets...

In the US at least, official release date for the summer Creator wave is August 1st, so I expect them to start turning up here mid-July. Don't know about Europe though.

Whoops, I lied. US release date is actually next week!

Edited by Tragic Banjo

In the US at least, official release date for the summer Creator wave is August 1st, so I expect them to start turning up here mid-July. Don't know about Europe though.

Whoops, I lied. US release date is actually next week!

That's really quick/early. Can anyone confirm, or have release date for europe?

Am I the only one who saw 31039's color scheme and immediately thought "Thundercracker, is that you?" LOL

4953's closer to an F-14 Tomcat but still not quite right, and the plane from the Indy 4 line is closer still to a DC-3. And oh by the way, with a little wing-modding the bird in Fighter Plane Attack is closer to a real WWII German fighter (gut guess is Fw190A "short nose" model, not the "Langenase Dora") than the planes in the film were.

Lots of Sikorsky influence in the City and Dino lines's choppers, too--one of the bigger police choppers a couple years back was a pretty close likenes of a Pave Low other than the drop tanks.

The Changing Seasons set is available now on S@H USA, I just bought one. You get a free Spiderman jumper with $50 or more purchase. Gee, the CS set is $49.99.. LOL, I got one other thing to get over the additional 1 cent..

I'm a little disappointed with the 89.99 CAD price for the Blue Power Jet. Seems a bit high for Creator.

Edited by Black Rabbit

No sign of changing seasons on the UK lego site yet but Amazon has it in stock shipping now for £39.99

Smyths also has it too, I got one from there a couple of days ago.

Not usually a fan of Creator sets, but the Blue Power Jet looks amazing. Gonna have to pick it up. Looking forward to see a review of it on EB!

I'm relatively new to collecting Lego, but for a long time I've admired many of the Creator domestic houses/residential buildings from afar.

Now that I've embraced collecting Lego, it appears that the Creator houses are no longer a popular release. Is that correct or is there just currently a lull in releases? Changing Seasons, Beach Hut and Mountain Hut are okay, but I'm really a fan of the designs of the larger houses like the Family House.

Will more deluxe/larger houses be released in the future or were they unpopular amongst collectors/customers?

I wouldn't rule out the possibility of something next year - I thought we'd never see another "big" 3-in-1 vehicle (600+ pieces) after last year's Roaring Power and Yellow Racers, then I got pleasantly surprised by the Blue Power Jet. Fingers crossed!