CM4Sci

Legends of Chima 2015

I haven't cared for this theme, but there are always some interesting pieces. I may pick up a set or two for once, but probably would wait for a sale.

But I'm liking where LEGO is going with this.

I just noticed the new Fire Tribes armor. Interesting that they ditched the Fire CHI orbs and just printed them on this time.

I just noticed the new Fire Tribes armor. Interesting that they ditched the Fire CHI orbs and just printed them on this time.

I like how the armor is personalized to the animal now (i.e. a gorilla face on Gorzan's, a Raven face on Razar's etc)

In Wave 2, only Laval and Cragger got personalized clothing (Lion and Croc kneepads)

Speaking of Laval and Cragger...

Where the heck are they? They aren't in any of the 2015 sets. This is quite an interesting development!

Edited by Penkid11

Speaking of Laval and Cragger...

Where the heck are they? They aren't in any of the 2015 sets. This is quite an interesting development!

Perhaps they are in the sets we haven't seen yet. It would be odd if the main characters weren't included in a wave, especially when the others are getting new armour pieces.

Perhaps they are in the sets we haven't seen yet. It would be odd if the main characters weren't included in a wave, especially when the others are getting new armour pieces.

Hey, just realized that! Well, we know Cragger's going to be in Cragger's Croc-Copter, so I wouldn't be surprised if they stuck Laval in there as well (The way they put Cragger in Laval's Fire Lion this year)

I was looking through the 2015 Chima set pictures again (due to reorganising a Chima minifigure display board I made to fit the 2015 releases in), and I must ask: is that Li'Ella on the left in the Lion Tribe battle pack, just with a new torso and legs print? Or is it a new generic Lioness warrior like the one on the right? The head print on that figure looks extremely similar (in fact, I think it's exactly the same) to the Li'Ella I already have from 70146... not sure I want "generic" Li'Ella clones in my battle packs to be honest, if the latter is true :look: Guess I'll have to wait until official set descriptions are released before my suspicions are confirmed.

I would have also found minifigure info from the 3 sets we only have names for so far helpful as well so I could have reorganised my display properly, but I'm guessing we won't hear about those until around Christmas... oh well.

Honestly, I can't find a single difference between the two faces. I don't think any of these are supposed to have named characters, just Li'Ella had a generic enough headpiece maybe? Nice for me not to have to buy the Phoenix Temple to get a poor-mans Li'Ella, but still.

I don't think any of these are supposed to have named characters, just Li'Ella had a generic enough headpiece maybe?

My exact thoughts actually. The minifigures in the battlepacks are pretty much all generic and un-named as far as we know (I prefer named characters, but hey, I can always invent names for them :laugh: ), but the likeness of one of the Lionesses to Li'Ella was... strong, to say the least. Guess that's just LEGO's typical reuse of prints again.

The prices in us dollars for the chima 2015 sets are:

All tribe packs: $9.99

Strainor's saber cycle: $19.99

Flink's Ultimate phoenix: $19.99

Tormak's Shadow blazer: $29.99

Icebite's Claw driller: $59.99

Tiger's mobile command: $69.99

The prices in us dollars for the chima 2015 sets are:

All tribe packs: $9.99

Strainor's saber cycle: $19.99

Flink's Ultimate phoenix: $19.99

Tormak's Shadow blazer: $29.99

Icebite's Claw driller: $59.99

Tiger's mobile command: $69.99

These sound highly likely, but do you have a source?

My exact thoughts actually. The minifigures in the battlepacks are pretty much all generic and un-named as far as we know (I prefer named characters, but hey, I can always invent names for them :laugh: ), but the likeness of one of the Lionesses to Li'Ella was... strong, to say the least. Guess that's just LEGO's typical reuse of prints again.

I would highly doubt that the characters in battle packs are unnamed, due to the nature Chima has been going

10 euro for the battlepacks sounds fair to me. Too bad there isn't one for the Eagles... I'd buy 2-3 for sure!

Edit: wait, there are 3 characters per set, not 5. Well, it's still 3 Euro per minifig+a small building, which is..decent I guess. If they amp it up to 13, though, that'd be too much.

Edited by Shakar

20$ for flinx's ultimate pheonix. I may just have to pick that up. Is that in euros though?

Nope, in US dollars. Also don't know if this has been mentioned but 70233 is going to be a mammoth tribe pack.

Edited by amazingbricks

Nope, in US dollars. Also don't know if this has been mentioned but 70233 is going to be a mammoth tribe pack.

Definetely buying it then. Much better value than ordering the flame pieces by themselves.

Most of these don't seem to be too badly priced actually (converting them to British Pounds in my head using the usual LEGO formula of course). The only one that really irks me is Strainor's Saber Cycle. I just don't think it's worth $20 unfortunately. Mind you, I was expecting it to be priced similarly to Braptor's Wing Striker or Crawley's Claw Ripper since it appeared to be of a similar size. Oh well, I'll just have to BL Worriz's armour in that case, it was the only part of that set that interested me anyway. Or hope Worriz's armour appears in one of the three sets we don't have pics for yet.

And a Mammoth Tribe pack as well? I need to reorganise my display... again! :grin: Man, this is going to be a bad year for me to run out of money though :cry_sad:

I would highly doubt that the characters in battle packs are unnamed, due to the nature Chima has been going

But if they had names, surely they would have been featured on the packaging like on at least 95% of the Chima sets? As far as I know, the only sets that didn't feature character names on were the Legend Beast sets, but since they were characters who were already identified in those sets, it didn't matter too much.

But I guess that there is a possibility that, if they have names, they'll be in the set description or have a bio on the Chima website.

I am a bis disappointed by the bears. Their heads have odd shapes. There goes my idea of customizing their heads.

But the sabretooth tigers are great. The one in that bluish tone is awesome.

Could someone with an eye for colors tell me which color this new flamelike piece is? Not the transparent ones, but the orange one the phoenix flyer has as ears? It will make fine giant bows.

Could someone with an eye for colors tell me which color this new flamelike piece is? Not the transparent ones, but the orange one the phoenix flyer has as ears? It will make fine giant bows.

Looks like the "Chima orange" Flame Yellowish Orange (Bright Light Orange on BL) to me.

Most of these don't seem to be too badly priced actually (converting them to British Pounds in my head using the usual LEGO formula of course). The only one that really irks me is Strainor's Saber Cycle. I just don't think it's worth $20 unfortunately. Mind you, I was expecting it to be priced similarly to Braptor's Wing Striker or Crawley's Claw Ripper since it appeared to be of a similar size. Oh well, I'll just have to BL Worriz's armour in that case, it was the only part of that set that interested me anyway. Or hope Worriz's armour appears in one of the three sets we don't have pics for yet.

And a Mammoth Tribe pack as well? I need to reorganise my display... again! :grin: Man, this is going to be a bad year for me to run out of money though :cry_sad:

But if they had names, surely they would have been featured on the packaging like on at least 95% of the Chima sets? As far as I know, the only sets that didn't feature character names on were the Legend Beast sets, but since they were characters who were already identified in those sets, it didn't matter too much.

But I guess that there is a possibility that, if they have names, they'll be in the set description or have a bio on the Chima website.

I guess if the boxes are particularly small the names won't be pictured... But I find it hard to see Chima saying "Includes three lion soldiers" and nothing else...

I thought the Tiger set would have been as expensive as Cragger's Boat was, so it's nice to see it's a bit cheaper. Definitely picking that one up. :thumbup:

I knew LEGO was putting as much effort into Legends of Chima as Ninjago (despite bad Speedorz sales), but I wasn't quite sold on the fact that it was quite popular with kids. That is, until I saw a little boy as Laval (with Chi shoulder armor, lion face paint, and foam Royal Valious... the whole thing) show up at my door trick-or-treating tonight. LEGO has achieved something here.

No Lloyds, however, and not even Emmets (though I saw a very well-done costume online today). PLENTY of Elsas (not surprisingly).