somelegothings_

Jurassic World 2015 Rumors & Discussion

Bloody hell those sets are expensive!!!75 euro for Raptor Rampage!!?? Damn talk about some expensive dino molds there.Still might buy few of them.

So.

I want to get some raptors. I really like the green guy from Raptor Escape, but not really fond of the set as a whole. Raptor Rampage looks a bit better and comes with Chris Pratt and scientist what's-her-face (I haven't memorized names), but the price is really putting me off (50 bucks? Yeesh). Any recommendations? I may end up getting them both eventually, but what should I start with?

Also, any chances of a second wave? Don't recall anything from Toyfair, but I'd like to see more dinosaurs. :)

Honestly, if you want to go for some raptors now and you don't care for the raptor headgear, do what I did and get Raptor Escape. I feel it's a better set for value for money, and there's some nice techniques in the build, and some nice little play features too. Okay, the pen is barely big enough for the two raptors, but it's probably not that hard to extend it a little if you wanted to. Otherwise, I'd wait until Raptor Rampage gets reduced in price somewhere.

I'd love to see a second wave of sets, and it's still very possible. It's more likely we'll see new sets if/when a sequel to Jurassic World comes out.

We just got a display at the Wal Mart I work at. Dilophosaurus Ambush, Raptor Escape and Pteranodon Capture only, at the moment. Probably gonna pick up Ambush and Escape for the dinos at a good price.

Honestly, if you want to go for some raptors now and you don't care for the raptor headgear, do what I did and get Raptor Escape. I feel it's a better set for value for money, and there's some nice techniques in the build, and some nice little play features too. Okay, the pen is barely big enough for the two raptors, but it's probably not that hard to extend it a little if you wanted to. Otherwise, I'd wait until Raptor Rampage gets reduced in price somewhere.

I'd love to see a second wave of sets, and it's still very possible. It's more likely we'll see new sets if/when a sequel to Jurassic World comes out.

Yeah, I'll probably end up getting Escape just cuz it's cheaper. And I like those Raptor colors.

Oh wait. I was going to wait till next month to get one of them for the Winter Soldier promo (already getting a $50 Ultra Agents set). But I noticed on the store calendar that Raptor Rampage has double VIP points for the month... Hm...

Also, I'd like a second wave just to get some herbivores. Parasaurolophus, Triceratops, and maybe some form of Long-neck. Brachiosaurus probably.

Bloody hell those sets are expensive!!! 75 euro for Raptor Rampage!!?? Damn talk about some expensive dino molds there. Still might buy few of them.

Also, I'd like a second wave just to get some herbivores. Parasaurolophus, Triceratops, and maybe some form of Long-neck. Brachiosaurus probably.

Yep, wow, I just dropped $360+ on these sets, and if they come out with a Stegosaurus or a Sauropod like a Brachiosaurus, or more herbivores to fill out the environment, then I will just have to get more! It's a must-have, because eventually I will hand them down to my future-kids... Lego is the toy with longevity! =)

Edited by The Real Indiana Jones

That would just be a dream come true. I was poring over some of the Jurassic World video game pictures actually since I was going to try and custom mould some of the designs myself, and it includes a Brachiosaurus (I think - it's definitely a sauropod of some kind). An updated Stegosaurus would be most welcome (you could probably get away with using some of the Triceratops moulds, like how the Dilophosaurus mostly used existing raptor moulds). Throw in an ankylosaurid, a hadrosaur and that will be the major herbivore groups covered. I'd definitely buy them all, but as I've said before, I have a bad feeling LEGO is under the "carnivores are cool" mantra so we won't get any of these in physical form :hmpf:

The problem with a Brachiosaurus is size though. It needs to be bigger than the current largest moulded animal (Smaug from The Hobbit), and I'm not sure how feasible it would be. Not to mention a set with a Brachiosaurus mould would be horribly expensive. Shame, the game design is fantastic.

Otherwise, I'd welcome an actual Gallimimus mould, and perhaps a marine reptile while I'm at it.

Edited by TheOneVeyronian

Yeah, I'll probably end up getting Escape just cuz it's cheaper. And I like those Raptor colors.

Oh wait. I was going to wait till next month to get one of them for the Winter Soldier promo (already getting a $50 Ultra Agents set). But I noticed on the store calendar that Raptor Rampage has double VIP points for the month... Hm...

I'd definitely recommend Raptor Rampage - sure, it is kinda expensive for what you get and it would've really benefited from another figure (A different variation of an ACU Guy or a different Vet would've been fantastic), but the build itself is really nice. I am sure with some simple modifications you could get the rear of the truck looking good on the interior (I need help with ideas for this myself), and the set is very accurate to the Source Material - something which we generally don't see as LEGO tend to take creative license in most of their themed builds. I personally love how fluent and realistic the final build is, and I love the additional functionality of the removable rear cab - it just adds an extra detail to the build which wasn't necessary, but opens up more modification opportunities. The Raptors are very nice, as you would expect, and Owen and Claire are definitely essential characters so getting them both in the set is a win. Also, Raptor Escape is only $10 cheaper and has one less figure. Your call pal - it is your money, I already spent mine! :tongue:

As for the talk of a second wave - I definitely hope for one. A proper Galimimus, a updated Spinosaur or more would really be fantastic, plus the Herbivores some of you guys have already mentioned. There are a plethora of vehicles in Jurassic World - LEGO could make a set based on the Cretaceous Cruise, a set based on the Monorail, a set based on the tour truck in Galimimus Valley, some of the golf-caddy like vehicles used to navigate the park, the 6x6. The line really does have the potential to be expanded further and become our fast Dino license to last more then a single way. I hope that sales skyrocket to reflect the fantastic designs LEGO have released in the first wave, and really hope that this encourages them to re-consider doing a second wave, as it isn't on their agendas presently. :classic:

I'd definitely recommend Raptor Rampage - sure, it is kinda expensive for what you get and it would've really benefited from another figure (A different variation of an ACU Guy or a different Vet would've been fantastic), but the build itself is really nice. I am sure with some simple modifications you could get the rear of the truck looking good on the interior (I need help with ideas for this myself), and the set is very accurate to the Source Material - something which we generally don't see as LEGO tend to take creative license in most of their themed builds. I personally love how fluent and realistic the final build is, and I love the additional functionality of the removable rear cab - it just adds an extra detail to the build which wasn't necessary, but opens up more modification opportunities. The Raptors are very nice, as you would expect, and Owen and Claire are definitely essential characters so getting them both in the set is a win. Also, Raptor Escape is only $10 cheaper and has one less figure. Your call pal - it is your money, I already spent mine! :tongue:

As for the talk of a second wave - I definitely hope for one. A proper Galimimus, a updated Spinosaur or more would really be fantastic, plus the Herbivores some of you guys have already mentioned. There are a plethora of vehicles in Jurassic World - LEGO could make a set based on the Cretaceous Cruise, a set based on the Monorail, a set based on the tour truck in Galimimus Valley, some of the golf-caddy like vehicles used to navigate the park, the 6x6. The line really does have the potential to be expanded further and become our fast Dino license to last more then a single way. I hope that sales skyrocket to reflect the fantastic designs LEGO have released in the first wave, and really hope that this encourages them to re-consider doing a second wave, as it isn't on their agendas presently. :classic:

They have three other movies that they can pull from as well. I would bet on a Spinosaur if they start branching out to the other movies, and I really want to see the Brachiosaurus and Parasaurolophus that we see in the video game. I hope that they at least introduce some new Dinosaurs at some point, so far everything besides the I-Rex has been a reprint of older molds.

I was checking out the Lego aisle today at my local Target to see if they had any interesting Lego sets, but the display was the same as last time that I checked. They didn't have any shelf space for the Jurassic World sets, so they were probably in the back room. There's probably going to be a Lego sale soon at Target to clear up shelf space for the Jurassic World sets.

They have three other movies that they can pull from as well. I would bet on a Spinosaur if they start branching out to the other movies, and I really want to see the Brachiosaurus and Parasaurolophus that we see in the video game. I hope that they at least introduce some new Dinosaurs at some point, so far everything besides the I-Rex has been a reprint of older molds.

When I asked an employee in the LEGO store, I was told that we are not getting any sets from the classic films, meaning those in-game moulds may very well be wasted. :cry_sad: That said, if we kick up enough of a fuss and if these sets do well, then LEGO will become aware of demand, and I am sure that those plans could therefore subsequently change. :wink:

I was checking out the Lego aisle today at my local Target to see if they had any interesting Lego sets, but the display was the same as last time that I checked. They didn't have any shelf space for the Jurassic World sets, so they were probably in the back room. There's probably going to be a Lego sale soon at Target to clear up shelf space for the Jurassic World sets.

Yeah, give Target some time after the official LEGO release dates. I'd say about a week or two after they put out the new sets. Hang in there. :classic:

When I asked an employee in the LEGO store, I was told that we are not getting any sets from the classic films, meaning those in-game moulds may very well be wasted. :cry_sad: That said, if we kick up enough of a fuss and if these sets do well, then LEGO will become aware of demand, and I am sure that those plans could therefore subsequently change. :wink:

LEGO usually begins planning sets over a year ahead of time. Even if the sales are great, LEGO probably wouldn't be able to start work in time to add another wave to it's winter release schedule, and the chances are that the movie's hype will have died down by summer.

LEGO usually begins planning sets over a year ahead of time. Even if the sales are great, LEGO probably wouldn't be able to start work in time to add another wave to it's winter release schedule, and the chances are that the movie's hype will have died down by summer.

Ah well - just an excuse for multiples of these sets then! ;)

An updated Stegosaurus would be most welcome (you could probably get away with using some of the Triceratops moulds, like how the Dilophosaurus mostly used existing raptor moulds).

Right, a Stegosaurus would be the best bet, since it can reuse some molds. You could totally reuse the Triceratops legs, plus an all-one-piece Stegosaurus body/head/tail.

I would like to see some other dino moulds as well, specifically a stegosaurus. I was lucky enough to get my hands on a triceratops from the 2012 Dino I found at Toys R Us recently but I would buy another one if Lego makes a new print.

I would like to see some other dino moulds as well, specifically a stegosaurus. I was lucky enough to get my hands on a triceratops from the 2012 Dino I found at Toys R Us recently but I would buy another one if Lego makes a new print.

Yeah, they should at least redo the Triceratops (in dark grey, I think) since the mold exists!

LEGO Store employees aren't really told much about future releases. Not sure how much they would know about Winter 2016, but they definitely don't know anything beyond that. Jurassic Park sets are still completely possible, especially with the Ideas set under review at the moment. LEGO is aware of the demand.

LEGO Store employees aren't really told much about future releases. Not sure how much they would know about Winter 2016, but they definitely don't know anything beyond that. Jurassic Park sets are still completely possible, especially with the Ideas set under review at the moment. LEGO is aware of the demand.

You'd be surprised. :wink:

I can confirm no JP sets for Winter 2016. Don't get your hopes up, unless it passes Ideas.

You'd be surprised. :wink:

I can confirm no JP sets for Winter 2016. Don't get your hopes up, unless it passes Ideas.

Ah, unfortunate! I suppose that there's always hope for later on. I believe that there have been talks about making Jurassic World into a trilogy, so we may at least get some more sets when/if those movies are released.

Well, we can't really rule out the possibility of sets from Summer 2016 onwards yet (I kind of guessed we wouldn't see any in Winter 2016 since the movie would be a little irrelevant by that time), especially if they make Jurassic World into a trilogy. Stranger things have happened.

And speaking of Triceratops, since they reused all the other 2012 dinosaur moulds, I'm left wondering why they didn't make any more use of the Triceratops moulds. My guesses are that either the Triceratops doesn't appear in the movie, or they do appear, but in scenes that aren't really set-worthy. I won't really know until I see the movie :classic:

I just finished building the Indominous Rex set and I have to say, the set is superb, I genuinly can not praise it enough and every different part is fantastic. The Indominous Rex figure looks amazing next to the figures and he really blends in nicely with the set. For me, the only part I didn't like was the build itself, it felt very simple, almost over simplified but I may just be complaining as I didn't want it to end. Overall, I must say, If you are planning to buy one set from this series, I would defiantly say this one :)

Wasn't the idea that using the old Dino molds were so the sets didn't have to end up as expensive? Because as it stands the set prices ranges from quite normal (Indominus Breakout) to absurdly overpriced (75917)

The sets aren't that appealing. No herbivores, and I've never been a big fan of the big molded creatures, and the builds are pretty poor, from the gigantic truck in 75917 to the rehashed Triceratops trapper in 75918 and the polybag helicopter in 75919. I do have to say that the jeep in 75916 looks pretty good, and I would buy a JP-version of it at overpriced RRP.

Yep, wow, I just dropped $360+ on these sets, and if they come out with a Stegosaurus or a Sauropod like a Brachiosaurus, or more herbivores to fill out the environment, then I will just have to get more! It's a must-have, because eventually I will hand them down to my future-kids... Lego is the toy with longevity! =)

Same plan!

I hope we get a second wave of JW sets, an Ankylosaurus would be very welcome and you can see that they are in the JW trailer.

I also got the Indominus Rex set... and I absolutely love it Now the only sets I am currently need are the T-rex set and the helicopter.

The set is fantastic and the I-rex is so amazing. At first 130 seemed like a lot, but once you have it built and everything, it is completely worth it! Only thing I wished it had was a bigger lab and I guess a Lowery minifig could have been nice but whatever.

Having my Owen minifig (from my raptor rampage set) run away from the I-rex just gets me more excited for the film!

(Still sad no mosasaur came out, kind of a missed opportunity honestly)