Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2015 Pictures and Rumors

While I can't wait to see the Tyderium, and will probably get it regardless as it is my favourite SW ship, and I'm sure they will do a great job for it....

I can't feel that while already owning 10212 which is essentially as close to minifig scale and accurate as TLG will EVER get to it, that I will ultimately feel slightly less enthusiastic over it no matter how brilliant it is.... as surely it just can't compare to it... other than affordability....?

I share your skepticism, but with a $70 - $80 price point I'd like to think it's a worthy top to bottom re-design. I'm hopeful that there's 1) a new windscreen and/or a more accurate cockpit 2) a vertical stab built with the same technique as 10212, only smaller 3) something other than this piece to make up the rounded sides of the fuselage.

Edited by lowlead

can someone elaborate more on the name tyderium? Is it a special kind of imperial shuttle or what?

It is the specific shuttle that was seen on ROTJ that was used by Han Solo, and Luke to gain entrance onto Endor. I also spelt it incorrectly, it is Tydirium :laugh:

Edited by Fuppylodders

It was the specific name of the Shuttle that was stolen by Crix Madine and used by Han, Leia, Chewie, Luke and the rest of the ground assault team on Endor.

It's the same Lambda class shuttle that set 10212 is of but the fact that it's called Tydirium says it's probably going to have the Rebel ground assault team and hopefully an updated team with camo gear.

Ninja'd!

Edited by Robianco

It was the specific name of the Shuttle that was stolen by Crix Madine and used by Han, Leia, Chewie, Luke and the rest of the ground assault team on Endor.

It's the same Lambda class shuttle that set 10212 is of but the fact that it's called Tydirium says it's probably going to have the Rebel ground assault team and hopefully an updated team with camo gear.

Ninja'd!

:blush: First time I've ever Ninja'd someone before :laugh:

Although in all honesty, I said 'Death Star' instead of Endor, and only when I posted mine and saw yours did I remember it correctly :tongue:

Looks like my guess of Disney jacking up the SW license fees is closer to the truth than we want to believe. This was just spotted at Target:

post-130366-0-51816600-1421108440_thumb.jpg

Looks like my guess of Disney jacking up the SW license fees is closer to the truth than we want to believe. This was just spotted at Target:

they've been that price in Australia for a long time.

They're both the same though -_-

Is it like calling a certain x-wing Luke's x-wing and another x wing Jek Porkin's?

From what I can tell, it's just a name for the shuttle.

I had the original shuttle when I was younger, can't wait to have this one.

They're both the same though -_-

Is it like calling a certain x-wing Luke's x-wing and another x wing Jek Porkin's?

It's more along the lines of the names of WWII bomber aircraft. The United States made bomber aircraft during the war and the crews typically named them. The Memphis Belle is arguably one of the most famous B17s of the war and is an example of this. Therefore, the Memphis Belle was a B17 but not all B17s were the Memphis Belle.

It's more along the lines of the names of WWII bomber aircraft. The United States made bomber aircraft during the war and the crews typically named them. The Memphis Belle is arguably one of the most famous B17s of the war and is an example of this. Therefore, the Memphis Belle was a B17 but not all B17s were the Memphis Belle.

Thanks for the clarification, mate!

That may just be that particular Target. Transformers Generations Deluxe figures, several months ago, at one store were $14.99... but at another a few miles away were $18.49 or something similar. Toys R Us has Voyagers for $24.99, Target sells the same toy for $28.99. "Prices may vary".

In the article Kyle Katarn's Tale, Abel G. Peña established that tydirium was the name of an ore in the Star Wars universe. The intention behind this was to suggest that the shuttle was named after the ore, an idea inspired by the computer game X-wing Alliance, which had a shuttle bay with "tons of shuttles with names like Crystilium and Bandarium."[17][18]

Currently im hunting UCS 10212 but i have hope that Tydirium and IAC will have bunch of new version of classic stormtroopers (75055 and Slave1 ver.). Then i will buy it.

I think naming it Tydirium as opposed to Imperial Shuttle indicates clearly that it is the specific shuttle under Rebel control, rather than a generic Imperial shuttle. Expect Endor dressed rebels as opposed to Stormtroopers, Royal Guards and an Emperor.

As you say, for Red 5 X-wing, expect Luke and R2, for Red 6 expect Porkins.

I'm expecting an Endor Luke, Han, Chewbacca and Leia and no Stormtroopers. A Scout trooper is highly plausible, with helmet printing this time(at long last) it fits with the shuttle Tydirium scene more than any other character.

I think naming it Tydirium as opposed to Imperial Shuttle indicates clearly that it is the specific shuttle under Rebel control, rather than a generic Imperial shuttle. Expect Endor dressed rebels as opposed to Stormtroopers, Royal Guards and an Emperor.

Yes, that is what I would expect as well. Besides, if it had the latter, then there would be too much overlap with the Death Star duel set.

Why do lego continue to mock us with the lack of regular OT stormtrooper battlepacks?

But you DID get a wonderful stormtrooper battle pack this wave! </sarcasm> Maybe the Death Star duel set will offer one or two, although the big 3 and the royal guards would probably take precedent. Of course, if it is on scale with Palpatine's Arrest, then a stormtrooper or two would not seem unreasonable.

I wonder if we will get some of those new stormtroopers with this years episode 7 sets. Also I was thinking what to call the new stormies, like they are a different kind of stormtrooper.

I wonder if we will get some of those new stormtroopers with this years episode 7 sets. Also I was thinking what to call the new stormies, like they are a different kind of stormtrooper.

I think the general term will still be Stormtrooper. Think of the Clone Troopers, while there are phase I and II Clones, we still refer to them as Clone Troopers. Specifying when necessary of course.

@LOTR34: I'd say it's definitely worth buying. The latest version of Ventress is definitely the best one yet and the starfighter itself is a very neat model and a lot more unique than the various TCW Jedi starfighters we've gotten over the years :classic: The only real complaint I have with it is the lack of a new Astromech Droid (the one included sadly isn't exclusive), but other than that it's an easy recommendation :wink: