Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2015 Pictures and Rumors

Isn't Sept 4th the date they all come out?

Correct.

September 4 is the (rumored) date the first Episode VII merchandise can/will be released (not just Lego, but also other companies)

Eh?

The sets will be released in september.....so we'll most likely see more of it this summer

Really? I assumed it was a November wave. In that case it´s summer, three months prior something could pop up but I think it´s more likely later.

So do we get an extra wave this year, or did it just get an earlier release to align with the movie?

I guess I'm not like most of you in the forum that enjoy building more then viewing. I'm that collector guy. Once I've build a model I often do not rebuild or modify it, I'm not really into MOCs either. But that does not mean I don't appreciate Lego for what it is. Lego is really beautiful to me. Every day I walk into my room I look at my models and they put a smile on my face.

Or should we re-release some rare minifigs? Like the Cloud City Boba Fett? What is the point of having a collectors series if things are not exclusive?

I am exactly like you. I never rebuild the sets and simply display them for vewing pleasure.

Lego has never re-released anything. If we get another UCS MF it will not be exactly the same as the previous version. It will have several subtle changes and as such the exclusivity of the previous models will not be ruined.

I am exactly like you. I never rebuild the sets and simply display them for viewing pleasure.

Lego has never re-released anything. If we get another UCS MF it will not be exactly the same as the previous version. It will have several subtle changes and as such the exclusivity of the previous models will not be ruined.

WRONG!!! lego has re released at least 2 star wars sets in the past, the original X-wing 7140, 7142 and the original Advanced tie and Y wing 3 TIMES 7150 7152 7262!!!

it has also re released various other popular sets from the pirates line, the islanders line and castle and ninja too, So lego does re release, but it hasn't done so in while now.

however a re release of the UCS falcon is unlikely, at least not an exact copy of the last one, maybe an updated version from EP VII

Edited by scorchfire

I am in a similar boat because I realized I would like to own the Imperial Flagship from the Pirates line as it is the only good looking ship Lego ever made but I know I made the wrong decision completely on my own because I could have ordered anytime in its three years but I chose to get the Black Pearl because it was cheaper and I didn´t really pay attention to the colors of the ship back then. But I take it and instead of paying the ludicrous price of 450€ on Ebay I am just going to wait for other ship sets and maybe build a nice one myself out of my own and bricklinked parts but no way I am going to pay more than 150€ for anything.

At least you have a Black Pearl, that thing was on the shelf for less than a week. Not that I was willing to pay full price for one if I found it.

however a re release of the UCS falcon is unlikely, at least not an exact copy of the last one, maybe an updated version from EP VII

I agree, I don't think they will release another 5000+ pieces set. Look at last sets released helicarrier, detective agency for example: maybe they are (relatively) limiting pieces count to increase playability and for keep low final price.

Edited by rahservizi

Is the 75106 Imperial assault carrier, the only "Rebels" set in the next wave or will there be more?

Have the Shadow Stormtroopers actually appeared in the Rebels serie?

Starting to wonder if we might see them in the movie.

I don't think they have, however they did appear in the game SW Battlefront 2 although they were named dark troopers.

http://battlefront.wikia.com/wiki/Dark_Trooper

Edited by Kelso

Did you guys hear? LEGO is releasing new for 2015 Star Wars sets!

We should make a topic so we can talk about them!

Oh, wait.

This :grin:

I don't think they are related to the series, because their printing is not in the style of the "Rebels" stormtroopers.

The shadow stormtroopers and royal guards (emperor's shadow guards) are from the force unleashed computer games. There was action figures for the shadow guards http://www.yakfacefo...l/tac08/14.html

The Shadow troops aren't from the Force Unleashed. The guards are, but the regular soldiers we got in the set are different than those that appear in TFU: In the game, they were all black, but these guys have a sort of damaged/chipped paint look to them. Plus, the minifig version is gunmetal, not black:

Review_ForceUnleashedShadowTroopersEmperor_stillA.jpgLego-Star-Wars-Shadow-Stormtrooper-Stormtrooper-de.jpg

Regarding 10179's sales...

Lego designed the set with no price point in mind and because of that the set ended up with a price tag far outside of what Lego thought would sell and indeed the Falcon didn´t seem to sell that well as he had a far shorter shelf live than any of the other giant UCS sets (Executor, 2002 ISD, 2008 Death Star).

I'm not privy to LEGO's internal figures, but it's publicly known they did keep the UCS Millennium Falcon in production for a little over two years. While not as long as some sets, it's longer than average, and certainly suggests it sold reasonably well; had it actually been selling poorly, I'm sure they'd have discontinued it much sooner.

Well, I'll add my 2 cts to this discussion: In my view, there is no way TLG will let slip the opportunity to cash in on the tremendous hype built around UCS MF. I sincerely believe that they are just waiting for the opportune moment. This could be second half of next year (or even beginning of 2017) when the Ep. VII hype starts to fade slowly (perhaps even together with the home video release of the movie).

Will that be the exact replica of 10179? I doubt that, I believe that 5k+ treats are behind us. Although why the N.1 toy company in the world doesn't make a show of strength with an unparalleled product is frankly beyond me, the marketing effect alone would be stunning, even if the set doesn't sell massively... But I believe we are looking at at most 4k set bound to take the 400 price mark.

The feeling of 'getting robbed' expressed by some members is childish at best, newer, better versions of pretty much everything are developed and sold continuously, that shouldn't stop us from enjoying the product we have. Lego as investment product comes far behind Lego as a passion and those who only view it this way are clearly on the wrong forum.

Edited by Spyderlord

Why is everyone talking about some possible future UCS Millennium Falcon sets? The only set being released this year will be a Millennium Falcon which should cost around $179.99 CDN (I don't remember the US price). It's going to be a massive set as it is, so why does it matter if a UCS will or will not be released? I could care less for speculation about a future UCS Falcon....as the wise Qui-Gon once said: "Keep your concentration here and now, where it belongs." So far, we don't know what on earth the TFA sets are or will look like. I'm going to speculate that perhaps with the release of the TFA trailer (which I believe will come out around May), we will get the official announcements for the June summer sets and possibly teasers of the TFA sets. If the trailer reveals a couple of the new ships, I would be forced to believe LEGO will be more eager to release photos or images of these sets, because at least they won't spoil too much about episode VII. I'm looking forward to buying Tydirium, along with the T-16 in the summer. Also will be looking forward to seeing more on that Sith Infiltrator...though it is highly doubtful I actually buy it. Will be interesting to see though.

The Shadow troops aren't from the Force Unleashed. The guards are, but the regular soldiers we got in the set are different than those that appear in TFU: In the game, they were all black, but these guys have a sort of damaged/chipped paint look to them. Plus, the minifig version is gunmetal, not black:

Sigh. Can people please stop yakking about this Shadow trooper battlepack "when will they appear" conspiracy? It's a Force Unleashed battlepack, plain and simple. Interpretation and creative liberty is always a factor when Lego translates a character design to the minifig. The Shadow Guards are clearly Shadow Guards, even though they have robes on and not the armor that they wear when fought in the game. The Shadow Stormtroopers are clearly TFU Shadow Stormtroopers - before you jump to any kind of conspiracy theory, you gotta do your research thoroughly. TFU Shadow Stormtroopers have always been depicted in a variety of different ways across all the merchandising - some outright clear/blue, some grey/blue, and some like this: http://jedibusiness.com/images/actionFigures/The-30th-Anniversary-Collection/The-30th-Anniversary-Collection-Shadow-Stormtrooper_Big_2.jpg - Lego's minifigure version clearly went with this interpretation.

It's quite odd to me how people are so eager to try and impose order on the chaotic kitchen sink that is the Jan 2015 SW Lego wave - it's quite obvious that this was Lego's last chance to churn out sets they'd had in the can or always wanted to make before the product line has to focus 100% on the new movies. Hence why we get a set from the 2003 microseries, a set from TFU, a set of Geonosis trooper completely foreign to the canon, a random T-16 with a Tusken (both updates simmering since the early 2000s), a Clone Wars Senate Commando battlepack long after the Clone Wars was the focus of the Lego SW brand...

^ I 100% agree. That is also why we're getting a Flash Speeder this year. I think that in the last two years, they've been releasing sets that will likely not make an appearance for a long time. This is why Episode 1 sets are being rehashed, if you go back to 2013 with episode II, last year with all the episode III stuff. We haven't gotten a T-16 or a Flash Speeder for almost a decade, yet right before the movies are to be released, LEGO makes these sets 'inexplicably' as some people have for some odd reason wondered. Look at the 2013 Republic Gunship. It's almost exactly like the one from 2002, but way more improved. 2002 one came with a Jedi Knight, two clones, two super battle droids. This one came with two clones (pilot, captain), two jedi knights, Padmé, and, once again, two super battle droids. People are wondering why episode I is being rehashed this year, same reason. This is likely the last time we will see any prequel sets and considering it is Episode I that started it all (yes, it did), it is fitting that they begin the new movie era by finishing off the older era with the line they originally intended to begin with. The Naboo Starfighter comes with battle droids, and hangar items. The old one form '99 also came with a hangar item from the Trade Federation, along with two battle droids. It's not at all surprising that we're getting all these rehashes. Tydirium is also a last chance to remake the original Imperial Shuttle, which was also a rare set throughout the line. We get that one, the one from Imperial Inspection, a UCS version, and possibly the best system version this year.

I'm going to speculate that perhaps with the release of the TFA trailer (which I believe will come out around May), we will get the official announcements for the June summer sets and possibly teasers of the TFA sets.

Make that next month instead if May. There are rumors (and I bet it's real) that the new trailer will be shown/released at Celebration (april 16-19).

Amazon.de has the new sets available for preorder:

Lego 75093 - Star Wars Death Final Duel - 89.99€ - available June 27th

Lego 75094 - Star Wars Imperial Shuttle Tydirium - 99.99€ - available June 27th

Lego 75106 - Star Wars Imperial Assault Carrier - 129.99€ - available June 27th

Lego 75092 - Star Wars Naboo Starfighter - 64.99€ - available June 27th

Lego 75091 - Star Wars Flash Speeder - 39.99€ - available June 27th

It says "Death Final Duel" on amazon btw.

Edited by DarthBrickus

Lego-Star-Wars-Shadow-Stormtrooper-Stormtrooper-de.jpg

Does anyone else think that gray splotch on the trooper's face looks a little out of place? I mean, even if these are supposed to look worn out?

Edited by Kuat Drive Yards

Does anyone else think that gray splotch on the trooper's face looks a little out of place? I mean, even if these are supposed to look worn out?

This was already addressed this morning, on this very page:

TFU Shadow Stormtroopers have always been depicted in a variety of different ways across all the merchandising - some outright clear/blue, some grey/blue, and some like this: http://jedibusiness....ooper_Big_2.jpg - Lego's minifigure version clearly went with this interpretation.

Regarding 10179's sales...

I'm not privy to LEGO's internal figures, but it's publicly known they did keep the UCS Millennium Falcon in production for a little over two years. While not as long as some sets, it's longer than average, and certainly suggests it sold reasonably well; had it actually been selling poorly, I'm sure they'd have discontinued it much sooner.

All D2C sets had a minimum shelf life of 3 years with extensions for special cases. That the Falcon was only available for a little under 3 years compared to 7 for the 2002 ISD, 4 for the Executor and 6 and counting for the 2008 Death Star should be an indication of something.

The only D2Cs Lego give a shorter lifespan than 3 years are the true stinkers like UCS Obi-Wans JSF, UCS B-Wing and the Grievous statue.

At least you have a Black Pearl, that thing was on the shelf for less than a week. Not that I was willing to pay full price for one if I found it.

I was mainly motivated by how cheap it was. 30% off of MSRP at the store I found it at and selling all the fish guys meant the ship was basically free when I got it. Sold it again last year for 105€ (without all the figures) but in comparison the Imperial Flagship still would have been the better deal because of the tripled price. This kind of thing really is mainly about opinions, one mans treasure is anothers trash.

I think it´s supposed to be similar or at least remind people of the image of a soldier who paints his face with the mud lying around the battlefield as camouflage. Why Stormtroopers would do something like that, especially Shadow Troopers that I think are trained to stay in the Shadow anyway with their normal suit would be interesting to know.

Edited by Navy Trooper Fenson