SBrick Survey  

409 members have voted

1. 1. What is your prefered color for SBrick?

2. 2. What will be your primary LEGO theme used with SBricks?

3. 3. Which feature of SBrick do you like most?

• Stairtop design
    • Works in sunlight
    • Big range
    • Controllable by smartphone (via Bluetooth)
    • Remote control from the Internet
    • Profile designer
    • Child mode
    • Other (please post in this topic)

iPad (my only iOS device).

Hi, I had the same problem. You need to know the basics of how the app works. So let me try explain.

1) create a new set and chose if it's a moc or an existing Lego set

2)add a profile any one you like

3)add your sbricks

4)chose what options map to what port, you do this by taping on the sbricks you added to sbricks and then selecting the function you want per. conection.

5) Now test it out, so if you press up on the joystick and it turns right you know you Mapes the wrong function to the wrong port, so just go back to step 4 and try change it.

Hope this helps if not try read the full help file on the sbricks website.

Hi, I had the same problem. You need to know the basics of how the app works. So let me try explain.

1) create a new set and chose if it's a moc or an existing Lego set

2)add a profile any one you like

3)add your sbricks

4)chose what options map to what port, you do this by taping on the sbricks you added to sbricks and then selecting the function you want per. conection.

5) Now test it out, so if you press up on the joystick and it turns right you know you Mapes the wrong function to the wrong port, so just go back to step 4 and try change it.

Thanks for the reply. Sadly, I've already tried everything you mentioned. I'll try to detail my problems a bit according to your instruction steps:

1. No problem here. I can create a MOC and name it (however I can't delete the MOC later if I don't want it any more). I also can't change the default picture. I can get a menu to come up which asks for either a camera or an existing photo, but neither option does anything.
  2. I can add a profile here (joystick, pad, etc). However, when I try to download from the Marketplace there is virtually nothing there and I don't have the options that the user guide says I should have.
  3. No problem adding the Sbrick to the MOC.
  4. When choosing what to map to each port, the only options are acceleration and steering. There are no other options.
  5. This is the real problem. When I test it out, there is nothing on the screen. For example, if I select gamepad I still just get a blank screen with no gamepad on it. No matter which profile I choose, nothing shows up on the screen. However, if I download a pre-existing MOC like Fernando's 8043, then everything looks and works fine.

Since writing my original post I've learned that you need a totally different piece of software (profile designer) to actually make a profile. I'm not sure how we were supposed to know that but I guess that means the early adopters who did reviews must have had access to software that we don't have.

Since writing my original post I've learned that you need a totally different piece of software (profile designer) to actually make a profile. I'm not sure how we were supposed to know that but I guess that means the early adopters who did reviews must have had access to software that we don't have.

You have to sign up on https://social.sbrick.com to get the latest update info from the Sbrick Team. Eurobricks is not the right place to find out whats new, cause the Guys at the Sbrick Team is working hard to solve all the issues that comes up, so I assume they focus on their own forum primary.

and for the list of problems i have the same problems ;-)

Delete the software and reinstall it. This solved the same problem for me after upgrading the app to a newer version.

You have to sign up on https://social.sbrick.com to get the latest update info from the Sbrick Team. Eurobricks is not the right place to find out whats new, cause the Guys at the Sbrick Team is working hard to solve all the issues that comes up, so I assume they focus on their own forum primary.

Did that. I signed up at social.sbrick and entered my login information in the app. Didn't change anything except to show my avatar in the corner. I also posted all my questions on their forum a couple of days ago but no one has responded. That's why I posted it here.

Delete the software and reinstall it. This solved the same problem for me after upgrading the app to a newer version.

Did that. No change unfortunately. I'll try it again.

It's at least good to hear that others have had the same problems and it is not just me.

Say what you will, but I'm kind of glad I haven't dealt with any of these problems...

But that's only because I haven't tried to actually use my SBricks yet. :sceptic:

Hopefully, whenever I do, all this will be worked out. :tongue:

Well, if it was only partly broken before, it's totally broken now. I deleted the app and reinstalled it from the app store, and even rebooted my iPad. Now there are now profiles at all (not even joystick and gamepad) and the profile market is completely empty, nothing in it at all. With no profiles, I can't create a model to do anything.

Well, if it was only partly broken before, it's totally broken now. I deleted the app and reinstalled it from the app store, and even rebooted my iPad. Now there are now profiles at all (not even joystick and gamepad) and the profile market is completely empty, nothing in it at all. With no profiles, I can't create a model to do anything.

I'm using an Iphone 5S and not an iPad, the SBrick works (with some bugs),I downloaded all the disponible profiles a month ago (when presumably they was available), now, checking the profiles market, it's empty even for me. So I don't think that it is only yours problem.

As of today I experience the same problems as Blackbird, installed the app last month and now its not working anymore.

Yesterday I connected my new sbrick to a technics car, and while everything seems to work fine (although the sbrick app isn't that stable), I'm wondering about something.

I saw/read that it should be possible to use your smartphone kinda like a joystick to drive a car, however I can't select such joystick in the sbrick market on my nexus 5.

Am I doing something wrong or??

Yesterday I connected my new sbrick to a technics car, and while everything seems to work fine (although the sbrick app isn't that stable), I'm wondering about something.

I saw/read that it should be possible to use your smartphone kinda like a joystick to drive a car, however I can't select such joystick in the sbrick market on my nexus 5.

Am I doing something wrong or??

They are trying to add this function in the Profile Designer. I think it should be out at about the same time that the Profile Developer is out of beta.

Good Evening Everyone

I'm sure this has been asked before and if I that's the case I'm sorry but I have looked but found nothing that answers my question completely.

I'd like to know if a dedicated profile for Jurgens Ultimate 42009 exists anywhere as all I can find are 42009S profiles in a couple of different guises.

I've tried using the Sbrick Profile Designer but haven't got enough control to be able move things about/re-size components to any degree of acceptability.

Also, when I try to set up the Sbricks using my iPad 2 I get the message: 'The hardware/platform doesn't support Bluetooth Low Energy'. I know this is because the iPad 2 doesn't support Bluetooth 4.0 but does anyone know if there's a workaround for this?

Any help or information would be very gratefully recieved.

Thank you in advance.

Edited by grum64

I want to add some blinkers to my technic RC car to make it more realistic. I'm using SBricks to control my car, but dont know how to add the blinkers. The profile of the Volvo has blinkers and warning lights already, but how does ist work? I cant find the right function to add this. I want to create my own profile.

Thank you for help!

Rum

I want to add some blinkers to my technic RC car to make it more realistic. I'm using SBricks to control my car, but dont know how to add the blinkers. The profile of the Volvo has blinkers and warning lights already, but how does ist work? I cant find the right function to add this. I want to create my own profile.

Thank you for help!

Rum

Without sounding too rude, are you sure the 42030 SBrick Version.

the button for the trans-orange lights (styled like a hazard warning) is pressed on and off repeatedly to create the blinking effect. But I've not tried this profile so I might be talking out of an orifice :wacko:

It's worth remembering that the profile designer is still in beta so perhaps the issue is related to that as well.

I am considering buying one of these to use with some ,"real", RC parts, but how many volts this can take without frying itself. I am going to be using 9.6V.

9.6 Volt is safe.

But if you're going to use real RC parts be careful with current - no more than 3A per channel and no more than 5~6A total for short periods.

OK thanks everybody! I am using the motor from a TYCO Terrainiac, but I do not know how many A it uses :sceptic:

EDIT: and the motor is unmarked

Edited by JJ2

It seems to use a pack of 8 AA NiCd batteries, the pdf I found says 800 mAh. I don't think that motor consumes more Amps than a LEGO 9V RC motor... so I think it is OK. But don't take it for granted, OK?

I could also use the radio control used in the car but then I will need the motherboard and have to make a case for it which would make if bigger and heavier.

PS: thanks for the advise!

I'm building the 8043 excavator using Jurgen Krooshoop's plans. I've reached the point that the control system needs to be installed. I would like to use S-bricks but several question need to be answered. I have an Android based phone running 2.1+EDR Bluetooth software, is this compatible with the S-brick? If so, are they as "reliable" as the IR controls? Your opinion's pleas.