SBrick Survey  

409 members have voted

1. 1. What is your prefered color for SBrick?

2. 2. What will be your primary LEGO theme used with SBricks?

3. 3. Which feature of SBrick do you like most?

• Stairtop design
    • Works in sunlight
    • Big range
    • Controllable by smartphone (via Bluetooth)
    • Remote control from the Internet
    • Profile designer
    • Child mode
    • Other (please post in this topic)

I would back it if my parents let me to do so... Great features. I think you will reach like 65000 pounds or so, so we will have the flat top design. Do you plan to put the stair-top design in the future (with the sales money)?

Just an improvement idea:

Adding i/o on the pcb for an IR-out which could be placed in

an hole drilled in the case or via a cable near an lego IR receiver would add possibilities (given that you have an i/o to spare)

Motivation: 100% of your customers will have a spare IR receiver after buying this product, they might like to use it.

Usage: adding an extra ir control channel to each BT brick keeps all controls inside the app.

Pro tip: bt control the train, then make it control the lift at the cargo station while stationary.

Useful or useless?

Just an improvement idea:

Adding i/o on the pcb for an IR-out which could be placed in

an hole drilled in the case or via a cable near an lego IR receiver would add possibilities (given that you have an i/o to spare)

Motivation: 100% of your customers will have a spare IR receiver after buying this product, they might like to use it.

Usage: adding an extra ir control channel to each BT brick keeps all controls inside the app.

Pro tip: bt control the train, then make it control the lift at the cargo station while stationary.

Useful or useless?

Assuming a build with both types (SBrick and IR Receiver), what will be the benefits? In my mind:

1. Using only the BT controller, don´t have to operate both BT controller and IR remote.

2. Potential to customize the control of the PF elements connected to the IR receiver.

It would also require that the SBrick itself supported more than 4 input channels, otherwise it would be no point of using 2 out of 4 outputs for controlling the IR receiver.

Any comments about my comments?

IMHO: I would like the possibility, but it is not the reason I´m backing the SBrick guys. BTW: I have 6 IR receivers, and I will still use them, even when I have SBricks :)

Assuming a build with both types (SBrick and IR Receiver), what will be the benefits? In my mind:

1. Using only the BT controller, don´t have to operate both BT controller and IR remote.

2. Potential to customize the control of the PF elements connected to the IR receiver.

It would also require that the SBrick itself supported more than 4 input channels, otherwise it would be no point of using 2 out of 4 outputs for controlling the IR receiver.

Any comments about my comments?

IMHO: I would like the possibility, but it is not the reason I´m backing the SBrick guys. BTW: I have 6 IR receivers, and I will still use them, even when I have SBricks :)

Over the last 7 month we have accumulated such a collection of unused IR reviewers, that we had to find a solution to use them. :) But let's keep some surprises for later.

Backed. Can't wait to make some PF vehicles that I don't need to chase after. Looking forward to the jump in performance.

v/r

Andy

What are the chances the Lego is watching this and want to make their own version? Maybe the designers of SmartBrick will be paid by Lego for the patent.

What are the chances the Lego is watching this and want to make their own version? Maybe the designers of SmartBrick will be paid by Lego for the patent.

I'm sure LEGO is watching, but not because they are thinking of offering this product or something similar. Although the smart brick is a huge improvement over the current PF remote system, this is something that is way beyond LEGO's target audience. As adult fans with disposable income, this is something that really appeals to us. Because LEGO targets Technic at kids 10-16 years, this is not something they could market.

Hey, SBricks guys... You might want to get the TechCrunch guys to fix the article... They say that you can only control 4 SBricks from your phone... I think there were other technical errors too, but that was the one that stood out to me.

Hey, SBricks guys... You might want to get the TechCrunch guys to fix the article... They say that you can only control 4 SBricks from your phone... I think there were other technical errors too, but that was the one that stood out to me.

They also call it "Brick" instead "Sbrick"

Backed

Such a great idea.

Running a moc in a convention environment will be a lot easier and not being limited to 4 channels like the IR system is a big plus.

I really hope it reaches it's funding goal and goes into production.

I'm sure LEGO is watching, but not because they are thinking of offering this product or something similar. Although the smart brick is a huge improvement over the current PF remote system, this is something that is way beyond LEGO's target audience. As adult fans with disposable income, this is something that really appeals to us. Because LEGO targets Technic at kids 10-16 years, this is not something they could market.

I'm pretty sure some people at TLG backed this project to get a SBrick :wink:

Guys I have a question: with the 180£ pledge we will receive a 42030S Set (volvo loader) plus an Sbrick. How can they make money (and how effectly the pledge helps) if the RRP is 169£?? Unless they get the normal 42030 for a very cheap price I can't figure out how this pledge helps at founding!

Guys I have a question: with the 180£ pledge we will receive a 42030S Set (volvo loader) plus an Sbrick. How can they make money (and how effectly the pledge helps) if the RRP is 169£?? Unless they get the normal 42030 for a very cheap price I can't figure out how this pledge helps at founding!

Very good question! I've been wondering about the same.

Good question, but I guess the cost is reduced due to the fact that they don't have to include 2 IR receivers + 2 IR remotes. I guess those units alone is around 30£(?).

Good question, but I guess the cost is reduced due to the fact that they don't have to include 2 IR receivers + 2 IR remotes. I guess those units alone is around 30£(?).

How can you remove them? Opening the box?? I don't think it's wise to sell something new in a opened box :wink:

Probably the answer is they have the 42030 sets for a very cheap price....waiting for an "official" answer please...

How can you remove them? Opening the box?? I don't think it's wise to sell something new in a opened box :wink:

Probably the answer is they have the 42030 sets for a very cheap price....waiting for an "official" answer please...

The 42030 pledge is a big help for us, because we can get the sets cheaper because we buy a lot of them.

The 42030 will arrive to our backers as an unopened box + we include one SBrick and our instructions with the package.

I beg to differ. Majority of kids nowadays have cell phones - and lots of them have smartphones. TLG hase already made a tiny step into mobile world with new digital instructions and e.g. Lego Fusion. I think something like SBrick by Lego would sell like hot cake :)

Fortunately for SBrick guys - they were faster :)