Rick

2015 City Sets - Rumours and Discussion

I don't really understand what you are complaining about here. As far as I've understood you right, for a long time already, you've wanted to see Friends-style sets with minifigs. Now you've got them, under the Junior label. Girly sets for girls, but with minifigs, not minidolls. Right?

:look: Uh, yeah, that's my personal wish, indeed, but it's not how specific characters and scenarios vary. Could El Macho Wrestler satisfy a kid who has been wanting a Superman figure? The new prints do give good choices to customizers, but they have nothing to do with Friends characters.

My point is that why LEGO don't include minidolls in Junior sets if pink boxes are here for the "girls" that LEGO want to appeal. Despite the ideas of pink boxes sets are similiar with Friends', they don't directly relate to Friends based on figure types and images, The most relevant regular theme could only be certain Creator minifigure sets which occasionally introduce stores and playgrounds.

So, unless LEGO do try to market Creator sets to girls (that's actually good because Creator should be a neutral theme), I don't think the pink boxes are helpful in introducing regular girls-oriented themes to younger girls. They are still pretty useful in other ways, though.

Edited by Dorayaki

I've had my eye on that supermarket set, and I may try to pick it up. It may seem to be priced poorly, but the number of rare or unique printed parts (which are extremely useful) makes up for it!

Regarding the branding, I think it's smart--people who still want something "girly," but also like minifigures more than minidolls, can find something.

Edited by Mariko

I personally have a keen eye on the space sets, in particular the 60080 - Space port, but I do find the price of $ 129,95 being too high if leaked number of pieces (586) is correct. (http://lego.wikia.com/wiki/60080_Spaceport) I assume that the nose part of the space shuttle is from a new mold, but still that price is high.

Anyone got a link to all the images? Thanks guys. :classic:

I made these pictures and videos at the toy fair: Spaceport (Set 60080) & Utility Shuttle (Set 60078)

There's a new Juniors house coming out in summer - 10686 Family House:

http://brickset.com/sets/10686-1/Family-House

You can quarrel over the house - esp. the window parts in the second floor - and the sides of the house being open.

But which I really like are those three new civilian torsos: the father's light blue jacket, the mother's purple torso and the daughter's pink torso. Plus there'll be the Lego Movie hairpiece in brown and a new girl's head. All these imo look brilliant! :wub:

So it's a pity that TLG didn't include these new parts in this year's City sets, too!

Klaus-Dieter

There's a new Juniors house coming out in summer - 10686 Family House:

http://brickset.com/...-1/Family-House

You can quarrel over the house - esp. the window parts in the second floor - and the sides of the house being open.

But which I really like are those three new civilian torsos: the father's light blue jacket, the mother's purple torso and the daughter's pink torso. Plus there'll be the Lego Movie hairpiece in brown and a new girl's head. All these imo look brilliant! :wub:

So it's a pity that TLG didn't include these new parts in this year's City sets, too!

Klaus-Dieter

And also, I think, some interesting pieces: ice lolly, bicycle, dog, tap - and several other things suitable for making details.

Lego you are confusing me a little....why is the Junior range ending up with cool new looking torsos, etc.,. ?

Though I will admit that is a cool looking house, quite city in design.....though the window boxes I would brick for real.

Plus it's not too simplified.....there is a bit plate and smaller brick work, looks to be a great intro set for young kids and I know the packaging is girly. Though that could be as a response to those complaints by particular people who didn't like Friend's minidolls.....thanks guys(girls) we have great minifigs plus another great theme (Friend's). :sweet:

Oh, now this is interesting......

10683-1.jpg

Another set that can be city-ised......by the looks of they might be a few of us city AFOL's buying Junior sets this year eh ? :wink:

This one is better than the Garbage Truck.

The house is great, depending on the price its a must have (3 minifigs, the dog, the bike, the wall bricks,...)

That 10683 is a great parts pack! Let's see what it goes for in retail - if it's below 10 euro RRP (and thus around 7-8 euro retai.) I might pick it up.

That 10683 is a great parts pack! Let's see what it goes for in retail - if it's below 10 euro RRP (and thus around 7-8 euro retai.) I might pick it up.

Seems like it's about the same size as 10680 Garbage truck, which is a set with a € 20 RRP.

Seems like it's about the same size as 10680 Garbage truck, which is a set with a € 20 RRP.

If the green container at the bottom is included think in €25 or €30

I agree on the parts pack idea.....those printed parts ! :grin:

Pity those parts don't end up in city.....ah, modification time everyone ! :laugh:

Last days I was working on these two:

20150425022113.jpg

I was working on the roof some day ago, and today I made a quick preliminary build of the ground floor.

20150425022141.jpg

This version of the farm tries to take profit of the additional bricks bag of the set and I only added few parts of my stock.

I think the family house would be a good add-on to these two and an incentive to work a little more in improving them.

...and the official Italian price for 60097 City square is (don't hold your breath, it could be dangerous):

189 Euros.

No, it's not a typo. It's ONE HUNDRED AND EIGHTY NINE!

Source: here (Prezzo di listino means RRP)

I wish better luck to the rest of the world.

That means no sales in Spain. Because no hypermarkets and common toy shops are going to order it.

And their distribution is going to be reduced to hobby shops and few toys shops chains that overpriced Lego sets.

And at the end who want it is going to buy it online out of the country paying huge shipping costs.

I would prefer TLG has splited the city square set into 3 €70-90 sets because this would make it more accessible and affordable (seasonal discounts).

But probably, splited you can see more clear how overpriced the set is.