Adolfo

[MOC] São João del-Rei Train Station

Hello, my dear friends of the LEGO world!

It's a great pleasure to post my first MOC on Eurobricks! I always followed the news and researched MOC images of AFOLs from all over the world to inspire me on my works and now it's my turn to contribute to the hobby sharing my dreams.

This MOC is a reproduction of a train station, which is part of a larger rail complex, located in the brazilian city of São João del Rei, in the state of Minas Gerais. The city is celebrating 300 years of foundation (1713-2013) and this was the way I found to honor this special place in my life. The São João del-Rei Train Station is the start point to one of the most famous passenger transport ride by steam train in Brazil, linking two beautiful historical and touristic cities of the country, São João del-Rei to Tiradentes, guaranteed itinerary of any tourist who wants to visit this region.

In November, I hope I can expose this MOC in Expo LUG Brasil, our main LEGO event here in the country.

Enjoy the pictures!

14363420958_55b4530587_c.jpg

São João del-Rei Train Station 1 por Adolfo LUG Brasil, no Flickr

14363417119_c0e0d53171_c.jpg

São João del-Rei Train Station 5 por Adolfo LUG Brasil, no Flickr

14549089832_4b19cb346b_c.jpg

São João del-Rei Train Station 8 por Adolfo LUG Brasil, no Flickr

Waouw, very nice build. Impressive size and really great design.

Really dig this, nice size station, and great design! Brick on Adolfo! :thumbup:

Wow, that is one fantastic station ! You did an excellent job recreating it. The front caught my eye, but the cover over the tracks is really something. Great job :classic:

Thank you all for the comments!

The size of the station doesn't follow an exact minifig scale, but I guarantee that is almost there. Generally, historical buildings, one of my passions, allows us to work free, using a good sense on it when we think the project.

I especially like the gray area over the tracks.

Wow, that is one fantastic station ! You did an excellent job recreating it. The front caught my eye, but the cover over the tracks is really something. Great job

It's a non LEGO element (special paper that copy the rock effect). I'm not a purist in these cases. But the front is really attractive and I loved it too. :classic:

This is a really nice train station you made!!!!

I like the color scheme, the way it looks. Big size but really realistic and detailed! This is a really good build!!!

Wow, amazing and inspiring! The truss roof is one of those things that make me go "wow, is that really Lego?". And then it's really big and it looks like the truss roof can be extended as much as you like. Then, the steam train is so fitting under that roof!

There might be a scale issue though: Why are the doors 2 minifigs high (well, that could be true IRL), and how come the windows are completely above the minifigs as well?

There might be a scale issue though: Why are the doors 2 minifigs high (well, that could be true IRL), and how come the windows are completely above the minifigs as well?

Oh, so sorry for the delay answering you! The topics here on Eurobrick run fast and sometimes I can't follow them.

The windows of the original building are historic and a little more high then usual. Even for normal people they can't reach them and because of that I tried to reproduce the visual effect. The doors follows the same concept, but the focus here was the visual effect from the work with the plates 1x2 trans-clear. If I did the doors small I could not reproduce the glass windows highlighting.

So, of course if I would build it today, maybe other ideas and other scale shape could be done. after all, we are always improving our skills like AFOLs, but in this case and the subject behind it guided me to this job and all challenges behind this MOC. It was not so bad and let's keep working!

Hello again!

This is just one picture from Expo LUG Brasil 2014, where I showed the station for the public. More pics on my Flickr. Have fun!

15906677692_f79ef0d62d_c.jpg

São João del-Rei Train Station - Expo LUG Brasil 2014 by Adolfo LUG Brasil, on Flickr