narbilu

Ch II: Team Simon: Cat C: The Battle for the Enchanted Forest

The Battle for the Enchanted Forest

Book II - Challenge II - Category C

battle_for_hembrugga_-_0.jpg

Unfortunately the numbers were to big to hold them back long enough to prepare for battle. Nar'Bilu heard a disturbing sound. Screeming of elves, breaking trees and battle cries filled the air with a terrifying thunder. The war started.

battle_for_hembrugga_-_7.jpg

A massive monster under the control of a dark mage, tore hole in our walls enabeling the drow to breach our lands.

battle_for_hembrugga_-_8.jpg

When our walls were beaten, darkskinned blademen entered Hembrygga killing the frontline of our defence. Nar'Bilu rushed to the battlefront summoning every swordsmen he had available, pushing the drow back to the field.

battle_for_hembrugga_-_10.jpgbattle_for_hembrugga_-_11.jpg

It took only a few minutes before the field was covered with bodies, from both sides. But the drow did not expect the Hemresa Legion... they thought they would fight only elves. Hundreds would die, but the forest entrance was saved. We were victorious.

battle_for_hembrugga_-_9.jpg

Edited by narbilu

A really nice build. Your transition on ground types is good but will improve with greater blending (and probably a much larger cost for parts :classic:) the action posing is cool and helps draw people in. All in all a good build.

What a great, if simplified, setpiece for the nicely executed battle scene. You did all those buildings and trees just for this? I'd love to see more pictures detailing them!

I'm digging that tan building in the back! :wub: More pics of it later? Your elves are impressive too. The only thing that bugs me is the relative flatness of some parts of the ground.

Great! I love the trees and that building in the back (is there a separate shot of that?).

Your request is my command... will post more pictures of Hembrugga after the weekend

The sheer size of this is very impressive, narbilu! It looks like it would be a great set up for tabletop gaming. :thumbup: The tan building at the back and the gatehouse over the river look interesting, are there better pics of those around? The landscaping looks a bit thin in many areas, but again, this is a very large area to cover. Nice work! :classic:

I like the layout and style of the fortress a lot, especially the cool towers connected by walkways over the water :wub:

Great battle posing too :classic:

I have to agree. Although the ground is a little flat, the minifig posing makes up for it!

Excellent work here! Love the action and the minifigs posings!! You already heard the comments about the details on the ground..

My suggestion would be to take the whole moc into one photograph next time. Yes, I know you have done that in your first post... but the tree to the left and the ground to the right didn´t make the cut( :tongue: ). Perhaps edit your background?

Great job! I really like the tan building in the back, and I love the two towers over the water (from what I can see). I would love to see more pictures of these. What makes the build though is the minifig posing and the story. Lots of details in this build - Excellent build!

Very good job with the minifig posing and the choices of angles for the pictures :classic:

I like the structures a lot but unfortunately have to agree that the ground does not match the other aspects of the build.