SkaForHire

(Completed) Call to Arms! Battle of The Wither Woods (And LDD Ch

As for balancing, it is looking like I will have to do a lot of it, since most people are picking the MacLean they know. I just ordered parts for Dugal's army, but they may have to fight for Petera in the coming battle(s) lol.

I will change to Petera's side if needed.

Edited by Hammerhand

We will see how it all works out. Spoiler: Petera has some pretty insane troops. We aren't bringing the T-rex back this battle, but it is something pretty scary.

Also, if Petera is too outnumbered, I have a whole hand of corruption army that could join him.

Edited by SkaForHire

We will see how it all works out. Spoiler: Petera has some pretty insane troops. We aren't bringing the T-rex back this battle, but it is something pretty scary.

Also, if Petera is too outnumbered, I have a whole Black Spire army that could join him.

Fixed. :tongue:

Fixed. :tongue:

Are you saying that all of the Black Spire is behind Petera, or was the Hand of Corruption and Black Spire one in the same? I might have missed that part.

Question, any idea how modern the equipment could be? I was thinking of (I'm lying I already have) rehashing my rocket artillery that I built a couple of years ago. Note, it was dwarven and no one said anything at the time.

I think it would depend on what it was... if it was like Chinese rockets from the Medieval period, I think they would be rare but doable. We could write those into the rules fairly easily.

It's similar to that, of course the cannon that I built probably wouldn't work

I shall pledge for Petera. It seems that Historica indeed needs a stronger ruler, what with all the recent turmoil. Glory to the Valkarian Order!

I shall send some of my zombie Shadowmere Guard:

14002511721_7f72d5bd08_c.jpg

Strong, undead, unyielding, fearless equipped with heavy armour and a short sword and shield. All may die. Again. If Petera has a half decent Necromancer then these troops can be raised again and again.

And also, I shall send Gor'hoth the Beserker (with the bone axe) and a contingent of orcs, led by Bear'drak the Half Orc (Beorn).

14006099204_88492559f7_c.jpg

I look forward to seeing the outcome!

Also, if Petera is too outnumbered, I have a whole hand of corruption army that could join him.

A Rancor, by any chance?

I'm sending a few former Hand of Corruption troops to fight for Dugal and some Avalonians to fight for Petera, and a mercenary who, like Garmadon's character, will support the highest bidder. Are we allowed to supply troops for both sides?

A Rancor, by any chance?

I'm sending a few former Hand of Corruption troops to fight for Dugal and some Avalonians to fight for Petera, and a mercenary who, like Garmadon's character, will support the highest bidder. Are we allowed to supply troops for both sides?

No, I never picked up a Rancor unfortunately.

Ha, well I never thought of it, but I suppose you could -- although I doubt the same sig fig would play both sides, well at least openly.

Are you saying that all of the Black Spire is behind Petera, or was the Hand of Corruption and Black Spire one in the same? I might have missed that part.

The Black spire is composed of the remains of The Hand of Corruption, an army of Varlayan rebels, and the Drow, so in answer to your question is, the latter.

I shall pledge for Petera. It seems that Historica indeed needs a stronger ruler, what with all the recent turmoil. Glory to the Valkarian Order!

I look forward to seeing the outcome!

If I was a member you'd probably be facing a legion of Enchanted Pumpkins. :tongue:

The Black spire is composed of the remains of The Hand of Corruption, an army of Varlayan rebels, and the Drow, so in answer to your question is, the latter.

I am not sure that all hand of corruption were part of that force, but I see what you mean.

Arfelan is again honored to send whatever we can send. :sweet:

Troops on the way.

Photos not yet taken.

A Rancor, by any chance?

I'm building something around my Rancor...

The Karshak are a nomadic race of former Hand of Corruption troops, redskinned orcs who were betrayed by their generals during the Revolword Wars. They were left to die after the Battle of Queenscross and have never forgiven the Hand for what it did to them. They pledge their allegiance to Dugal and are ready to face off against their former comrades, the Hand.

22844125-ee62-42e5-ae1d-275f98b30b6b_zps4e72878a.jpg

The Karshak in the centre is Vargharal, Chieftain of the Karshak. I would prefer it if he survived the battle. The other two are Karshak berserkers and I don't mind if they and the Warg die. They will both fight to the death though. Is it possible that they could take on some Hand of Corruption troops during the battle, since that's what they came here to do?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

These troops were sent by Lord Argentus of Grimstone, an Avalonian noble and an old friend of Petera's. They will be supporting Petera in the battle.

f8908afa-1216-4fe8-900a-308cd28407e4_zps48a544ec.jpg

The man on the horse is Earl Jaxon of Grimstone, the leader of Lord Argentus' forces. His personal bodyguard Parscon is to his immediate left. The female archer is Malora Bryban, Earl Jaxon's niece. The other two are Grimstone warriors. All of them can die, but Earl Jaxon will fight to the death.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Finally, this is Rayskarr Detrada, a Varlyrian mercenary. He will fight for whoever pays the most. I don't mind whether he dies or not, but he is far more likely to flee than fight to the death.

2a408634-e415-4ebc-8a6e-2592e7ee365d_zps58a7f7a8.jpg

If you want to know where any of the parts came from, ask me. Thanks for organising this battle! :classic:

Well, that is an army in itself Robuko!!! I hope you don't mind if some of the units fight in an unrepresented flank during the battle -- I am not sure if I can make all the figs (I know I can't do the goddess, at least the Hippogryf).

As for balancing, it is looking like I will have to do a lot of it, since most people are picking the MacLean they know.

Sure, take your pick. I thought you should have some healers, with all of that black magic fighting at Petera's side.

I chose Dugal firstly from loyalty, and I felt a bit bad that I had missed the whole resurrection storyline, which was awesome.

:classic:

I'm building something around my Rancor...

I may not be able to field him (I still want to get a Rancor, so this might prompt me to buy one) but he can definitely be entered in the Field Piece competition, even if he doesn't show up on the field.

Ska, if my sig-fig dies, could you make it dramatic? 'Cause I like dramatic deaths. :P

LOL, what if he is slain by the first arrow that hits him? (unlikely, because he would have beefed up stats being a sigfig) I don't think anyone has ever said "it is ok for my sigfig to die" before in one of these battles. I thought you said your guy would retreat?

The Karshak are a nomadic race of former Hand of Corruption troops, redskinned orcs who were betrayed by their generals during the Revolword Wars. They were left to die after the Battle of Queenscross and have never forgiven the Hand for what it did to them. They pledge their allegiance to Dugal and are ready to face off against their former comrades, the Hand.

The Karshak in the centre is Vargharal, Chieftain of the Karshak. I would prefer it if he survived the battle. The other two are Karshak berserkers and I don't mind if they and the Warg die. They will both fight to the death though. Is it possible that they could take on some Hand of Corruption troops during the battle, since that's what they came here to do?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

These troops were sent by Lord Argentus of Grimstone, an Avalonian noble and an old friend of Petera's. They will be supporting Petera in the battle.

The man on the horse is Earl Jaxon of Grimstone, the leader of Lord Argentus' forces. His personal bodyguard Parscon is to his immediate left. The female archer is Malora Bryban, Earl Jaxon's niece. The other two are Grimstone warriors. All of them can die, but Earl Jaxon will fight to the death.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Finally, this is Rayskarr Detrada, a Varlyrian mercenary. He will fight for whoever pays the most. I don't mind whether he dies or not, but he is far more likely to flee than fight to the death.

If you want to know where any of the parts came from, ask me. Thanks for organising this battle! :classic:

The former hand guys will be put against any current hand that show up. As for the Varlyrian, the picture is a little dark, what is his torso and legs?

The former hand guys will be put against any current hand that show up. As for the Varlyrian, the picture is a little dark, what is his torso and legs?

His torso is the Roman Commander's from the CMF line and his legs are the Conquistador's, also from the CMF line.

LOL, what if he is slain by the first arrow that hits him? (unlikely, because he would have beefed up stats being a sigfig) I don't think anyone has ever said "it is ok for my sigfig to die" before in one of these battles. I thought you said your guy would retreat?

I did say if, didn't I? :) And if he goes beast mode I would prefer you use the monster fighters werewolf head, kapesche?

Edited by TheUtilityBelt32

I may not be able to field him (I still want to get a Rancor, so this might prompt me to buy one) but he can definitely be entered in the Field Piece competition, even if he doesn't show up on the field.

I decided not to field the Rancor in this battle... but he may pop up in one of the other challenges :wink:

Peregrinus declares for Dugal! Calling upon our own forces, as well as those of our close allies, we were able to raise the following troops:

Zaid Parsel, a local warlord of the foothills in the southern Rakath mountains, came into contact with Lord Sansael during a trip to Petraea. The two formed a strong friendship, and Lord Sansael has convinced Zaid of the need to counter the growing threat that Petera poses. Zaid now travels to aid Dugal with his bodyguard and three desert lancers. Zaid will retreat if defeated, but the rest of his troops will fight to the death.

desertlancerseb_280414.jpg

From Peregrinus, Lord Sansael sends four of his elite household guard, led by the centuar champion and heroine, Phrixelle. Phixelle's axe is enchanted to never miss it's target, but it may be blocked or parried for greatly reduced damage. She will fight to the end with the rest of the guard, but i would prefer that she fall wounded rather than be killed, should it come to that.

homeguardeb_280414.jpg

The household guard are ably supported by a detachment of expert marksmen, all bearing various refinements of the "Evergold archery system" bows. (The rate of fire of these marksmen is slower than regular archers due to aiming and calibration, but thier range, accuracy and damage is much greater.) They are accompanied by Nammuat, an experienced mage and battle healer, who will cast both offensive and healing spells. Nammuat will teleport to safety if defeated, the others will fight to the end with daggers if overrun.

(Note: Bow design second from the far right is by Siercon and Coral - such a cool design!)

archerseb_280414.jpg

Finally, Lord Sansael has managed to procure the services of the dreaded Rakath assasians, who send five of their shadowstep warriors. These stealth fighters work best at infiltrating enemy lines to cause havoc and take out high value targets. All will fight to the death.

shadowstepperseb_280414.jpg

Note: No worries if you want to put these troops on unrepresented flanks or put placeholder figs if you can't recreate them, i know i've put a few custom accessories in there which might get a bit hard/expensive to track down. I couldn't resist cracking out the chrome gear though! :blush:

My men marches to serve Petera, al the way from Midgardia

btww_marching.jpg

When marching trough the desert they met up with guard of some Kaliphlin city that also wanted o fight on Petera's side, and he joined them

The troops:

btww_line-up.jpg

from left to right: the Kaliphin guard, an Midgardian axeman, two elite Midgardian archers, and the commander of the archers (and my hero) Beleg of Midgardia

The Yukar are riding to the aid of Petera, in hopes that they can secure alliances and a new place to settle after being displaced by the Nocturnus Civil War. Hataman, warchief of these Yukar, has bet everything on making he and his men useful and will fight to the bitter end.

More pics and story in the thread.

Yukar Warband Armament/Personnel Breakdown:

Hataman and his two fellow heavily armed riders wear heavy Yukar armor and wield 2-handed mauls of varying style. They ride heavy destriers.

The three other riders are Yukar swordsmen who wear lighter armor and ride lighter horse.

The wagoneer is also a Yukar swordsman, perhaps the best among them as he is the one entrusted to safeguard the precious stock of food, water, and swords.

14027981796_cf9222dc21_o.jpg

Wow, this is shaping up to be larger than Queens Cross, we already have more participants! I was about to spend my $100 May Lego fund on mass troops from Bricklink, but instead, I may be looking to find some of the pieces to replicate all these warriors coming in!

I actually didn't expect the sides to even out either. That was a surprise.

Gabe, what are the shields the camel riders have? Also, I am unfamiliar which aftermarket company that makes those helmets. Sadly, I have very few camels... maybe I should get a couple more before the battle. As with Robuko's large forces, I will try to get at least half of yours represented.