1 hour ago, Seasider said:

GT race cars come in lots of different shapes. Spa 24hr this year was a prime example with I think 11 different manufacturers represented. A Lambo looks very different to a Bentley, or a Porsche or a BMW or a Lexus etc ...

So do we think this will be a licence set or a generic set like the 24hr race car and the Rally car?

It's quite expensive for the pieces count (150€ for 1580 pieces) so I think that there will be a licence. The most prestigious brands may be kept for the supercars. Maybe something like Ford?

A Future set I'd love to see would be an updated 8480 (1996 Space shuttle) Give it similar scale to the plane 42025 and I think it would sell well. Clearly a lot of demand for space themed lego with the saturn V and all the designs for different space themed sets on Lego ideas currently. 

3 hours ago, Maaboo35 said:

I'd still like to see a JCB vehicle in Technic. @Sariel's 4CX should serve as inspiration to TLG.

To achieve this 4CX should top 8455 which is (so far) one of a kind... But with CLAAS tires it could be fantastic MOC

XL sprockets in yellow and pneumatic valves with axle hole, where does that lead you to?

Remote controlled tracked backhoe!

Or perhaps 8043 in steroid. I'm not fond of 8275 in steroid though, because 8275 itself is in steroid already.

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

Just now, Ngoc Nguyen said:

XL sprockets in yellow and pneumatic valves with axle hole, where does that lead you to?

Remote controlled tracked backhoe!

Or perhaps 8043 in steroid. I'm not fond of 8275 in steroid though, because 8275 itself is in steroid already.

But something between 42028 and 8275...or just look on @jorgeopesi's avatar...:wink:

The recolored Cherry Picker and the Corvette bring us more parts in orange, esp the new 3x11x2 shell panel with 10 holes. I think the next super car / flagship is another big orange blob.

33 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

The recolored Cherry Picker and the Corvette bring us more parts in orange, esp the new 3x11x2 shell panel with 10 holes. I think the next super car / flagship is another big orange blob.

Because lots of us made machinery mocs, orange is welcome

56 minutes ago, I_Igor said:

Because lots of us made machinery mocs, orange is welcome

Orange works wonders I think. If only TLC started making the pneumatic cylinders in all black. Not a fan of yellow on orange.

Edited by zoo

2 hours ago, zoo said:

Orange works wonders I think. If only TLC started making the pneumatic cylinders in all black. Not a fan of yellow on orange.

Yes, black would be great

2 hours ago, Maaboo35 said:

Based on the 2019 line-up so far, I'd say something good would fit the bill for me... :purrr:

In that case we should open a new topic something g like Wish That Came True :laugh:

I fully expect to see some sort of overly large bulldozer with lots of repetitive parts, boring build, lazily designed and few functions with many stickers that looks like no existing piece of heavy equipment and a parade of garish colors the likes of which we has never seen. With an astronomical price tag to match. 

Edited by Johnny1360

Given the new large sprocket wheels in the RC tracked racer, I'm wondering if a new big bulldozer might be coming soon.

I expect big Snow Groomer with a lot of functions and some sort of arctic vehicle as a B model.

Eventually I expect another exciting mining machinery. Sandvik machines are in orange!

One thing to keep in mind is that whenever a new part is introduced it's gonna be reused in the original color first, then other colors later. Since the sprocket is in yellow, I think it's still gonna be yellow in the next set that has it. So Claas Harvester is not possible for 2019. RC bulldozer or excavator is more likely. I don't put much hope in a crane, because 42082 is still on shelf.

I was speculating about a potential upcoming tracked vehicle as well, but I can't figure it out yet. Sprockets in tracked vehicles are relatively small compared to the rest of the vehicle, so I struggle to come up with a machine which would require such a big sprocket in a Technic model. Simply increasing the scale does not seem to be the answer, because the track width is limited by the current chain links. Increasing the diameter of the sprocket on a larger scale vehicle without increasing the track width might end up looking a bit flimsy. Doubling the tracks could be a solution, as seen in many MOC excavators with the old black chain links, but I doubt TLG will choose such a solution because it will skyrocket the part count.

There are tracked tractors with bug drive wheels at the back and smaller idler wheels at the front...so some Challenger like Trac is also possible as medium set...

I was thinking about a Challenger tracked tractor, but they use black sprocket wheels. It could be a model inspired by it though.

407491_John_Deere_8335RT-IVT-TRACK_1.jpg

Perhaps one of these? 42078 came with a bunch of green parts this year, as did 42080.

Edited by Bartybum

Just now, Bartybum said:

Perhaps one of these? 42078 came with a bunch of green parts this year, as did 42080.

That might be it! So spot on!!

Just now, Ngoc Nguyen said:

That might be it! So spot on!!

If it is then I bloody well hope it’s RC with some sort of attachment lol