The oshkosh is also available as a civil dumptruck in white. I know that TLG doesn't make military equipement

And finally, the biggest, baddest flagship I can think of would be an M1074 Oskkosh PLS truck.

20091103075254_00004.jpg

it has the crane , the hook lift, and while we are dreaming, a trailer with a second flat rack. I think one could be done with less than 4000 pieces.

Zblj has one of them building live stream this weekend on YouTube. http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=103958

He has a LDD file out there somewhere too.

I thought I read somewhere that TLG will not release anything remotely related to a military vehicle ... I guess camouflage patterns are difficult to print on technic panels :laugh:

It is against their company's policy.

Warfare or war vehicles in any modern or present-day situation, or national war memorials is on their list of unacceptable content for Ideas submissions. They will tell you that too when you have an opportunity to build a MOC to display in their brand store windows or in their booth at an event.

^^ Something with large rubber tracks would be great. That was my main thought while building the 42038 arctic truck - "some rubber tracks would fit perfectly here"

The recent post about Ugears http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=132882 has gotten me interested in this post again. I think that some of their stuff would make for an interesting Technic set. Simple vehicles, trains etc. but made not so much from an aesthetic standpoint to look like the real thing, but perhaps one from over-complicating, almost Rube-Goldberg like in nature I think would be fun. Almost steam-punk like with tons of over-complicating gears. driven by nothing more than like perhaps an elastic band or wind-up motor. Chronometer, the professional card-holder, but with an overly complicated but highly visual mechanism would be fun.

Also, I think a grandfather clock would be great. Not a floor-standing model, that would be out of reach I think, although K'nex has produced one, for around 1,000 USD. But there are hanging wall models that would be fun. Such as this one:

14639176221_SPLASH.jpg

But showing gearing mechanism etc......

Yeah I agree with nerdsforprez, a grandfather clock showing the mechanics would be really cool. I honestly just want to see a large set that is something other than a vehicle.

I think a grand father clock/cockoo clock would make an excellent creator expert set. It would have all the technic mechanics in a brick built case.

Judging from the licenses tlc got from Ford, Chevrolet, Audi, McLaren and Mercedes makes a possibility for future Technic ultimate sets to be one of them.

This is considering the licenses obtained for the speed champions series

The recent post about Ugears http://www.eurobrick...howtopic=132882 has gotten me interested in this post again. I think that some of their stuff would make for an interesting Technic set. Simple vehicles, trains etc. but made not so much from an aesthetic standpoint to look like the real thing, but perhaps one from over-complicating, almost Rube-Goldberg like in nature I think would be fun. Almost steam-punk like with tons of over-complicating gears. driven by nothing more than like perhaps an elastic band or wind-up motor. Chronometer, the professional card-holder, but with an overly complicated but highly visual mechanism would be fun.

Also, I think a grandfather clock would be great. Not a floor-standing model, that would be out of reach I think, although K'nex has produced one, for around 1,000 USD. But there are hanging wall models that would be fun. Such as this one:

But showing gearing mechanism etc......

Very goo idea! In this line I would like to see a steam locomotive with its complete drive train - including reverser and valve gears - visible.

My dreamlist :wub::

Mining vehicles are my favourite at all and I hope to see some big (if not huge :laugh: ) mining trucks like dumpers or haulers like these:

1414347094m_DISPLAY.jpg

and/or

artichauler6x6_1.jpg

If we want to be more original, there is always a good alternative:

ETF_005.jpg

Another awesome set would be this:

12137052515_1ec41a88f4_c.jpg

Since the 8275 sounds expensive on Amazon, maybe it's time for a new bulldozer set, maybe like this:

bull_h04_photo3.jpg

About "civilian trucks", some Lego Technic concrete mixers would be nice.

slider11.jpg

A nice variant is the frontal discharge concrete mixer.

IMG_5236%20edited%20web.jpg

And my dream car is the Bugatti Chiron.

Bugatti-Vision-Gran-Turismo-concept-201-626x382.jpg

Edited by Rygar

Very goo idea! In this line I would like to see a steam locomotive with its complete drive train - including reverser and valve gears - visible.

This thing is perfect! I love the looks (I deleted the vid. for Jim :sweet: ) You know, these steam-punk-like creations or Rube Goldberg-like creations are more and more common. Think of Theo Jansen's Strandbeast as well. These are becoming wildly popular and I actually think they would sell quite well.

This thing is perfect! I love the looks (I deleted the vid. for Jim :sweet: ) You know, these steam-punk-like creations or Rube Goldberg-like creations are more and more common. Think of Theo Jansen's Strandbeast as well. These are becoming wildly popular and I actually think they would sell quite well.

I can see the fun of such creations too, also for children. What about a wind-up mechanical ant? This steam-punk thing reminds me of a French street theatre company that makes giant theatrical machines (Compagnie La Machine):

Edited by Didumos69

It's an ETF mining truck. This is a new generation of dumpers, made to overcome the limitations of the traditional dumpers, like turning radius, cabin's visibility, suspensions and overall versatility.

The loading area can pivot and can dump sideways.

etf_mining_truck_7459.jpg

Edited by Rygar

What is this, exactly?

It looks like a mobile climate controle for a small country :wink: :wink: :wink:

I would absolutely love to see a groomer like the Pistenbully 600 Winchcat.8184850685_712de61a79.jpg

PF could be :

- independent tracks

- pneumatic or actuator on front element (up, down, right inclination , left inclination, vertical angulation, moveable side flaps)

- same on back element

- Winch

Manual functions could be :

- flipping cabin to expose in line engine

- rotation of winch crane

- attachement of front & back elements

I know a few people have done some pretty nice MOCs but I have not seen any on lego ideas.

Any opinion / idea ?

It's an ETF mining truck. This is a new generation of dumpers, made to overcome the limitations of the traditional dumpers, like turning radius, cabin's visibility, suspensions and overall versatility.

Thanks! I'd love to try my (lousy almost-beginner's) hand at one of these.

It looks like a mobile climate controle for a small country :wink: :wink: :wink:

:laugh:Ha ha, all those fans would've been a godsend here last summer!

After watching Sariels 8868 Review I really want a throwback set or maybe a series where they used more system type bricks instead of studless and return with the simplistic style building.

I am not saying studless is bad at all so PLEASE don't start an argument.

That kind of reminds me of the 8479 Barcode Multi-Set.tn_8479-1.jpg

8479 was one of the funniest set of the past. It's a pity that Lego didn't make any "sequel" with the barcode reader.

The cabin indeed looks quite similar, so the color scheme.

And I agree, I am old enough (35 years old :tongue:) to appreciate that "old fashoned look". Studless bricks are fine, but they must be "balanced" better. A whole hull (in my opinion) shoould not be made entirely by stufless parts. It's more difficult to cover the gears and add further parts.

"Integration" is the key word.

building-basics-26.png

For the rest, what do you think about my other suggestions?

I like the idea od a snowcat set.

My dreamlist :wub::

Mining vehicles are my favourite at all and I hope to see some big (if not huge :laugh: ) mining trucks like dumpers or haulers like these:

(...)

If we want to be more original, there is always a good alternative:

ETF_005.jpg

(...)

I am also very fascinated by mining vehicles! and ohhh, that truck would be sooo awesome!! :wub: :wub:

Of all the models mentioned I find it difficult to feel enthusiastic about them because you guys don't say anything about them. Oh, it's a trike, it's a giant dump truck or a snow groomer. So what? If these were sets they could be great or completely terrible. Just saying what they are doesn't allow the reader into your imagination to see what's so special about your version of the model. So sell your ideas guys, make a case for your proposed set idea and say why you think it could be great. Does your trike have new wheels or a new chrome engine block piece and a chrome handle bar piece? Does it have a sequential transmission operated by the foot peddle? Does your dump truck have a new telescopic pneumatic cylinder and new wheels with inbuild planetary gear reduction and 3 different steering modes? Does your snow groomer have a cup holder? Sell it guys sell it!

Does your snow groomer have a cup holder? Sell it guys sell it!

Snow groomers have to work on extreme inclines, so it would need to be a self-leveling cup holder.