CM4Sci

Mixels 2014 Discussion

I'm not really a fan of the electric ones.

I'm also not entirely sure why.

I'm just kinda not.

I know for Volectro at least it's because he looks too much like a Wallace & Gromit character.

Looks like a Wallace & Gromit character? How is that a bad thing?

may be because he doesn't like wallace and gromit?

say, i know saying this now is too early, but do you guys think they will continue this line next year with more series?

I personally like Vulk (hand design), Shuff (overall look), and Volectro (goofy hair) the most.

Thanks for sharing your opinion. I've been planning to pick up Vulk as my first one for the same reason you mentioned. I've heard it said by multiple people that Shuff is a favourite, but I can't see why, going by images. Maybe it's one of those cases where you need to see it first-hand for it to have an effect.

No I love Wallace & Gromit.

Because now I can't see it as anything else. It's the eyes, mainly. I think the same of Gobba.

Does anyone know if Mixels Series 1 is going to be discontinued when Series 2 comes out? It would seem weird to have the first three tribes no longer available?

I'd love to see these if you're willing to share your creations later on.

Don't worry, once I got those done, they'll land on my MOCpages for sure!

Finally got a Mixel- Teslo. He's great! just using his parts, I've created 15 different Mixels which I'll be showing you all soon. :classic:

Don't worry, once I got those done, they'll land on my MOCpages for sure!

I look forward to both!

Am I the only one who wants little Halloween themed mixels each with a little dressed up nixel? That would be so cute! One could be a zombie holding his head in one hand, a werewolf, maybe like a vampire/bat monster? I don't know but the tribe would be the "Treat or Tricksters" ooh maybe a ghost too!

Edit: the MAX could be a big Frankenstien's monsters like thing.

Edited by Legodude31

Am I the only one who wants little Halloween themed mixels each with a little dressed up nixel? That would be so cute! One could be a zombie holding his head in one hand, a werewolf, maybe like a vampire/bat monster? I don't know but the tribe would be the "Treat or Tricksters" ooh maybe a ghost too!

Edit: the MAX could be a big Frankenstien's monsters like thing.

Interesting idea, however they gotta be the same colour and It would have to be an off green for a Frankenstein monster.

You've got a a possible green zombie, a brown werewolf and a black bat.

Granted that would make the max a multi mix of colour, which is perfect for old frank, it would however go against the set theme of one colour per tribe

@Riftx

If I had to choose one colour for it, it would be some shade of grey, as that would probably go with each character quite well.

Interesting idea, however they gotta be the same colour and It would have to be an off green for a Frankenstein monster.

You've got a a possible green zombie, a brown werewolf and a black bat.

Granted that would make the max a multi mix of colour, which is perfect for old frank, it would however go against the set theme of one colour per tribe

Oh yeah I didn't think about that! Also what if mixels had like an opposing theme call Robloids, it would essentially be like robotic mixels

Has anyone else opened a Flain that was missing its eyes? Our Lego store mentioned they didn't have any because thye got a shipment without eyes.

Officially, who's your favorite Mixel from each tribe (you can include S3 but with a description since Mesmo (Wiztastics dragon) and Glomp (Tall Glorp) are the only names I'm sure of. Some I can deduce, though, like Footi, since it has large feet.)

*=don't love the tribe, so it's the one I dislike least

Infernites: Zorch/Vulk

Electroids: Teslo

Cragsters: Shuff

Frosticons: Slumbo

Fang Gang: Gobba

*Flexers: Kraw

Glorp Corp: The one with the hooked nose and toxic shot/splat arms (w/trans-green starfish)

*Spikels: Scorpion (Scorpi)

Wiztastics: Wizard (Wizwuz?) Wizard of Oz shoutout? "...if ever a wiz there was..."

Edited by 8BrickMario

Officially, who's your favorite Mixel from each tribe (you can include S3 but with a description since Mesmo (Wiztastics dragon) and Glomp (Tall Glorp) are the only names I'm sure of. Some I can deduce, though, like Footi, since it has large feet.)

*=don't love the tribe, so it's the one I dislike least

Infernites: Zorch/Vulk

Electroids: Telso

Cragsters: Shuff

*Flexers: Kraw

Glorp Corp: The one with the hooked nose and toxic shot/splat arms (w/trans-green starfish)

*Spikels: Scorpion (Scorpi)

Wiztastics: Wizard (Wizwuz?) Wizard of Oz shoutout? "...if ever a wiz there was..."

You can see all the Mixels and their names here. So your Series 3 favorites are Torts, Scorpi, and Magnifo

My favorites from each tribe?

Infernites: Vulk

Cragsters: Krader

Electroids: Volectro

Flexers: Kraw

Glorp Corp: Torts

Spikels: Hoogi

Wiztastics: Magnifo

Thank you! I didn't see that yet to look at (must get Mixels soon) but it feels good to know the names. I'm starting to like Glomp and Hoogi now, though. I'm loving the use of minifig-head eyes and hats to create eyelids. Slumbo uses Classic Space helmets, Balk uses orange caps on sideways eyes, and Mesmo uses the truly inspired wizard hats. Wizwuz's name makes me think he wasn't always a spider.

Edited by 8BrickMario

Then what do you think he was originally? Wizwuz is a fine name for a magic spider

I hope we will see some cookaroni and cubit pieces in the new waves. My son's favourites are vulk, snuff, teslo, slumbo, gobba, balk, glomp, hoogi, wizwuz.

Infernites: Vulk

Cragsters: Seismo

Electroids: Volectro

Flexers:Tentro

Fang Gang: Jawg

Frosticons: Flurr

Wiztastic:Magnifo

Spikels: Hoogi

Glorp Corp: Glomp

Edited by Agent Fusion

Got a Shuff today. Naming her Rocksanne.

adorable

Edited by Bfahome

I feel as though the Max's should have their own names. Electroids Max just doesn't seem 'cool' enough. How about Shocktaus, given his dino like form, Blazon and Bouldoune for the others?

Names would make them more interesting, but the Max Mixels are truly just the three (insert tribe name here) combined, not a separate entity, making it confusing if they had different names in Max form.