From the various videos that have popped up lately, I was able to recreate the coming model 42028 Bulldozer in LDD, and today in real bricks.

This is the model from the video:

ZrSsZ1L.png

And this is my recreation of that model:

1024x549.jpg

1024x549.jpg

I used maybe 4 hours on the LDD model, and today used roughly 1,5 hours to build it in real bricks.

1024x576.jpg

1024x576.jpg

Blade and ripper in uppermost position:

1024x576.jpg

...and lowermost position:

1024x576.jpg

Underside:

1024x576.jpg

Front:

1024x576.jpg

Back:

1024x576.jpg

As you might see from the pictures, I forgot to attach the 1x6 yellow half beams that support the plade onb either side, and I had to substitute minor some parts as I didn't have them in the correct colour and/or quantity.

Some impressions:

Firstly, I enjoyed the build, and overall, I like the model for what it is. The functions of lifting and lowering the blade and ripper work smoothly and quickly (both geared 1:8), by turning the smokestack in the front, and the 12 tooth double bevel gear in the back.

On the other hand, there is quite a bit of resistance in the driveline, so you can forget about having the treads move if pushing it along a panelled floor. Works OK on a carpet though, and I like that they used a differential, and not just hook the fake engine to one of the sides.

It is also worth to note that the build is surprisingly solid, given that the entire upper assembly isn't attached to the tracks assembly at any points in front of the rear of the engine (if that makes sense:

Picture to show what I mean (red circles show the points where they are attached):

640x360.jpg

Lastly some pictures to give a size impression (had to use the only thing I had assembled.. The wheels are Unimog type):

1024x576.jpg

1024x576.jpg

If you want to build it yourself, here is the updated LDD file :classic:

Edited by D3K

looks great.

Add a reference to the original 42028, for example, I had never seen him. :look:

Thanks, and good idea, will paste a picture of the original into the top post :thumbup:

Cool dozer! Great work on the loader as well. Also, how do you like the dozer? Are the functions sufficient?

Cool dozer! Great work on the loader as well. Also, how do you like the dozer? Are the functions sufficient?

Thanks! It is definitely sufficient function wise, as dozers don't really have that many functions. Except maybe the Komatsu D575 monstrosity that jorgeopesi made! :wink:

I'm just not a fan of the wormdrive-gear-lever way of doing things :blush:

nnice work,

how many parts ?

LDD says 596 parts :classic:

Why the "D" AFOLs like reverse engineering :laugh: ?. Nice work I like the model very much... well I love all tracked machinery :laugh: .

I know you do! :wink:

But anyhow, seeing as I found the functions of the model to be a bit boring, I set about making an "Enhanced Replica" (like efferman did with the 42030) of the 42028.

This is the result (modded in less than an hour I think..):

1024x576.jpg

1024x576.jpg

1024x576.jpg

1024x576.jpg

1024x576.jpg

I like this better, and I would have hoped TLG had made it this way out of the box (maybe without the blade tilt (small) cylinders) :sweet:

You are a very big fellow!

This is a really good job and you have invested a lot of work to create this model!

Your MOC I like than the standard set. It looks more complete!

Good job building those guys. When will they be in the shops!? (Lol) It would make a good starter set for anyone new to technic and those who are into construction might want to add it to their collection. They need to do something about those tracks though.

H

I will definitely MOD-ed mine to pneumatic version. It's perfect model for pneumatics. If there is enough place for AAA battery box, I would even put in the compressor.

I like it .... like it a lot ....

You are a very big fellow!

This is a really good job and you have invested a lot of work to create this model!

Your MOC I like than the standard set. It looks more complete!

O...K ? :laugh:

But thanks! And no, not really, it was done quite fast :thumbup:

Nice looking mocs. The pneumatic one isn't as "clean" as the other one but i would still prefer it.

I know it looks a bit messy, but in actuality I think that is mostly due to bad lighting/photos. It looks way better IRL :laugh:

I will definitely MOD-ed mine to pneumatic version. It's perfect model for pneumatics. If there is enough place for AAA battery box, I would even put in the compressor.

I like it .... like it a lot ....

The pneumatics improves the playability of the set IMO.. But I'm pretty sure you can't fit a compressor and AAA batterybox in there... At least not without sacrifising the V4 engine. Also, the pneumatic tubing takes up quite a lot of space

Made a quick POV-render of it!

Looks great!

I am making a fully motorized version of this model, and this is roughly what it looks like.

1024x547.jpg

It is driven from the rear wheels, so I changed them to the bigger type. The overall dimensions are the same as the original.

I had to remove the fake engine to place the IR receivers.

All functions are driven by M-motors (four of them), and function like in the original model.

In fact, this is close to a scaled down version of the 8275, keeping the exact same functions, executed in more or less the exact same way, but in a much smaller scale.

Here is a size comparison:

1024x547.jpg

I have it built, and it works great. Only missing the ripper. :blush: Will try to get some pictures of it beside the pneumatic version, and hopefully a short video of both versions later this week :thumbup::classic:

Nice update. It's great you can fit four motors in there.

It is a tight fit, and the entire inside and undercarriage is rebuilt. The drive motors are just a little more than 1 stud above the ground. It uses a AAA battery box, and the two drive motors are underneath that. The blade motor is in front of the drive motors. Keep in mind, there's only 5 studs between the tracks! Lastly, the ripper motor is mounted vertically behind the battery box (you can just see it sticking up back there).

Will post a .lxf file of it when I know it's all good :classic:

I shot some pics and a video of the pneumatic and motorized version together, for anyone interested.

1024x576.jpg

1024x576.jpg

1024x576.jpg

1024x576.jpg

Great video of the modded replicas. The pneumatic functions are excellently implemented. But the "dancing blade" of the motorized version is hilarious.