AndroTech

42029 - Pick up Truck Discussion Topic

I think this truck would look a lot better with a shorter bed or maybe just a shorter wheel base. Easy mods.

No-no-no, then we would get less panels! Lets be honest, this set will be bought for parts mostly, so nice amount of panels in red (5x11 and 3x11) is good :wink:

This is a strange one, I wonder where Lego got the inspiration for this truck?, I have a idea for it though.

This is a strange one, I wonder where Lego got the inspiration for this truck?, I have a idea for it though.

Dodge power wagon!?

quite simply in my honest opinion, lego is meant to be moddified and added to.. I personally already have a few mods I'd like to do with this set :classic:

I like the suspension arms and the red panels! I reserve judgment on the rest of the set until I get more information.

I KNOW that people going to hate me for this, but i think this one looks better and is more interesting than the 8070.

I agree, but then, I'm not a fan of the kind of car(s) 8070 is made after.

Any review of this set online yet?

Here : http://www.techlug.fr/review-lego-technic/42029/pick-up-42029-lars-thygesen-2014

I liked the model before reviewing it. But the intensive use of U joints instead of regular gears in the mechanisms is pretty lame.

IMO, U joints everywhere is typically the thing we see in poorly designed models... :-/

"Those 2 Technic axles don't match ? I will use U joints !" -_________-

When the model is carefully engineered, the axles match. Next.