Sign in to follow this  
Piranha

Imperial Trading Post vs Eldorado Fortress

Elordao Fortress vs Imperial Trading Post  

141 members have voted

1. 1. Which is better?

• Eldorado Fortress
    • Imperial Trading Post

Didn't know quite where to put this but I thought it may be of some interest to you all...

Eldorado fortress I've often argued is spelt wrong and that it should be written El Dorado. Given the legends regarding El Dorado by the conquistadors I always thought it was meant to be a fabled city of gold created by the Inca or another Andean civilization that belonged to myth as it were and born out of Spanish gold lust. I've just done a translation into English and El Dorado comes out as 'the gilded one'... this obviously has some mystical protents regarding gilded/gold, incarnation of the sun god-gold etc but the point is it's refference may imply more in the way of a person than a place. Just thought it an interesting bit of information regarding our El Dorado fortress and perhaps some story could be evolved from it.

This is actually the topic that finally provoked me to join the forums today. I went on ebay looking for a ITP, and found one MISB. Of course I bid on it, and hopefully I'll win X-D , but it just looks like one of those gems. Personally I love the layout, how there are several different buildings all around the focus of TRADE, something commercial that is truely rare, and leave it to the classics to remind us of what could be ahead. :'-)

Regardless, I voted for the ITP because it has a great assortment of figs, a teriffic layout, and a just plain good-looking set. Hopefully I'll be owning one sooner than later. :-P

Hi there and welcome to the Pirate Forums :-) !

I can't believe I missed this thread. I went ahead and voted ITP. I just *wub* it!

I vote Eldorado Fortress!! It looks great, Nice architecture and it goes well with Sabre Island.

And I just picked it up cheap off Ebay for

i recently won on ebay the eldorado for approx $90 incl shipping. supposedly in vg condition and complete with instructions. is that a good buy? what about the ITP? i did check BL price guide but not sure of the quality since they only show historic prices. the sets could be incomplete at $35. so who knows... :-/ little help here?

I think that is a pretty good buy, as I see most in the mid 100's. There have been cheaper though 8-| .

I got both at release price, when I was young, I vote for the Imperial Trading Post !

Its twice the size and it comes with a nice little trading vessel, that can be used as an imperial guard ship, a pirate ship or a neutral vessel. :thumbup:

PS: I didnt revive this old thread, I dont have the power to :pir-sweet:

I voted for the trading post because I like the look of it better, but since I plan to buy ATLEAST 3 of both it doesn't really matter which is best.

If only the armada had such a fortress/trading post. :pir_bawling:

I voted for the trading post because I like the look of it better, but since I plan to buy ATLEAST 3 of both it doesn't really matter which is best.

If only the armada had such a fortress/trading post. :pir_bawling:

Ah true. So true. But the Armada was at the end of the pirate line and that was when the sets were terrible. Or pretty bad to say the least, so I'm not suprised that the best they got was a little dock - if you could call it that.

I like the Eldorado fortress, but I really looove the imperial trading post, it was an awesome set ^^

I like the Eldorado fortress, but I really looove the imperial trading post, it was an awesome set ^^

Why did Guss's comment here move to the top of the forum when he posted it days ago?

Why did Guss's comment here move to the top of the forum when he posted it days ago?

someone "revived" the thread my dearest Captain...

I really like the Imperial Trading Post compared to the Eldorado Fortress. It has much playibility.

Ah Ok. It has happened before and I was just wondering why. Thanks.

It's actually because someone placed a new vote in the poll. Without even posting a reply, a thread can magically return to the recent activity list by simply voting. That's what happened here, as it is back on top and hasn't been posted in for over a week.

Anyway, I haven't had the chance to snag an Eldorado Fortress, but I do love my Imperial Trading Post. I think it will be interesting to look at it side by side with the soldier dock from the new line of pirates.

I have two of each. They are both my favorites! You can not have one without the other. I think as sets go these two are possibly the best pair Lego ever made as they work together so well.

I have two of each. They are both my favorites! You can not have one without the other. I think as sets go these two are possibly the best pair Lego ever made as they work together so well.

Lucky :pir-hmpf_bad: I dont have any, I had a chance to get ITP but I didnt :pir-cry_sad:

I have two of each.

Lucky dog :pir-tongue:

I really like Eldorado, plus I am loyal to Gov.Broadside so I voted for it.

But don't get me wrong, I do like the ITP but then again it is full of lowsey red coats so, VIVA ELDORADO

I can compare them very easily X-D

But indeed you are right, a military fortress is completely different from a trading post so that takes me back to the original question I posed in my first post.

one of them is a French set and the other is a British set so it depends what side you like more. :imperialguard_commander1: under my opinion i am a fan of the British-based sets :pir-oh3::cannon:

I really think both the Imperial Trading Post and the Eldorado Fortress are great models! But, The Imperial Trading Post is amazing! :pir-cry_happy: It is a great set for the time period it was released in! :pir-classic:

I voted for Eldorado Fortress because it was one of the last sets before my dark ages. I love it faithfully.

So why do I keep looking at the Imperial Trading Post with lust in my heart??? *wub*

Foul temptress, why dost thou torture me?

This two-year old post sums up my thoughts exactly...

I voted for Eldorado Fortress. It is my favorite set of all time. As a child I was lucky enough to have to of these sets and I was always building them into 1 larger set and then remodeling it every couple of weeks.

The Best Set Ever!