Yawgmoth

2015 LEGO Pirates Rumors and Discussion

I really like the pirates theme. My grandparents bought the eldorado fortress and forbidden island for me and my siblings when we were young. Are there going to be any more big sets like these in the pirates 2015 line? The only big set is the pirate ship

It's hard to say at this point, maybe we'll get a bluecoat equivalent to the Imperial Flagship. Aside from that, I'm not sure we'll get anything big. It seems they're focusing on smaller sets this time around. As someone mentioned earlier in the thread, two of the new sets can be combined to create a fort similar in size to the 2009 version.

The old 90s hat can still be bought. That is a good opporunity.

So you can. Thanks for the tip. Of course, the torsos are sold out now! Argh!

Edited by GovBroadsword

The new 2015 sets are available for purchase on Amazon NOW!

http://www.amazon.com/s/?_encoding=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&keywords=lego%20pirates&linkCode=ur2&linkId=QCNUWUXKNPE2YUOC&qid=1423414745&rh=n:165793011,k:lego%20pirates&sort=date-desc-rank&tag=m190a92c-20&linkId=HULMZ2QZWYIAZ2RO

These sets look really good. I've been keen on getting a few soldier's forts and making a MOC out of multiple sets.

So you can. Thanks for the tip. Of course, the torsos are sold out now! Argh!

The torsos are abvailable again!!!!!

The torsos are abvailable again!!!!!

Where exactly do you guys find them? I checked Pick A Brick on lego.com, but they weren't there...

I had never heard of bricks and pieces. What all is available there? Special bricks?

There are almost every current bricks and pieces. But it is more expensive than PB.

There was a discussion about the black tricorn awhile back (couldn´t find it)

What has happened to it? Tried to look for it at B&P in the sets it was last used in but there was non to be found? Not even the image of it with "Out of stock".

Edited by Mencot

Awesome... but... I still think I am going to wait for double vip points mid-next month :)

Chris

Awesome... but... I still think I am going to wait for double vip points mid-next month :)

Chris

Not a bad idea. I could order plenty of sets to get the $75 free shipping. It's been a long time since I ordered from Lego. I've been an exclusive Amazon prime user. How long does it usually take for lego to send you your free shipping orders?

Alright, so I built the Treasure Island set from my Amazon order!

16511510735_0384af5ca9_z.jpg

15891337943_9816b7aba8_z.jpg

16509781391_98a06f7799_z.jpg

16509780661_f3c1a55dfd_z.jpg

16509780641_a4eeb35803_z.jpg

16323774408_5bcbb6b933_z.jpg

This set is dope! I may actually like it better than the OG Skull Island, but we'll see once I get that set. I love the value here! There's some great play features and pieces. The female pirate is so awesome as well, I love her hair/hat combo, which is exclusive to this set.

Alright, so I built the Treasure Island set from my Amazon order!

Thanks for the review!

The set looks excellent and you point out a lot of things very well.

...and I agree: I like this set much more than 6279 - Skull Island for just $20 USD.

16509780641_a4eeb35803_z.jpg

Great set, thanks for the review and images.

But is that flag blank on the other side, when did TLG start maiking them like that.... guess better then stickers butpirate_sceptic.gif

Edited by Mencot

Thanks j2g! This might be my favorite lego set of the year. I mean there are amazing big sets and all but personally, this is where it's at.

Thanks for the review!

The set looks excellent and you point out a lot of things very well.

...and I agree: I like this set much more than 6279 - Skull Island for just $20 USD.

I thought of it as more of a 6248 remake. Same scale, same skull. No spring loaded skeleton jumping volcano but it's definitely the strongest of all three sets. I mean.. I like the others too, a lot. And probably 6279 better as a concept, but this one is executed flawlessly. The perfect $20 set, has my favorite figure of the theme, and one of those new gator/crocs...

Dang I haven't posted in pirates in forever.

Thanks for the feedback y'all! Yeah, I guess it's closer to 6248, but I like it better than both that and 6279. You put it perfectly, SpiderSpaceman.

And, here's the small set. Don't like this one very much.

15892155284_751ff7258d_z.jpg

16328817987_ba83a7281a_z.jpg

16514724725_c34959e3cd_z.jpg

16513688402_360583718e_z.jpg

Alright, so, yeah this is something. Sure, it's the cheapest way to get the new bandana, but it's only $7 cheaper than the Treasure Island set. It's $13! Ridiculous. The blue coat is the same here as in the Treasure Island set, and the pirate isn't unique, the build is pretty weak unless you attach it to the Treasure Island build, and the play features are not unique at all.

Great set, thanks for the review and images.

But is that flag blank on the other side, when did TLG start maiking them like that.... guess better then stickers but :pir-sceptic:

I have one of these flags. Mine has printing on both sides.

Alright, so, yeah this is something. Sure, it's the cheapest way to get the new bandana

You say that as if the new bandana is a desirable thing. It sucks.

It looks as if 70409 has a double sided flag, whereas 70411's only has printing on one side...

I could understand it, if it was the cheaper set with less printing, but the more expensive set...

Perhaps you picked up the one set that the machine had misprinted? That would explain it.

It looks as if 70409 has a double sided flag, whereas 70411's only has printing on one side...

I could understand it, if it was the cheaper set with less printing, but the more expensive set...

Perhaps you picked up the one set that the machine had misprinted? That would explain it.

They both have the same element ID. Somehow, just2good must have gotten an error piece. It may be worth more in the future.

They both have the same element ID. Somehow, just2good must have gotten an error piece. It may be worth more in the future.

It seems to be like that, because it is the same element piece, as you said.

Strange, I haven´t seen that kinds of errors with Lego pieces and printing before.