Rick

2014 CREATOR Houses Sets - Rumours and Discussion

They look very scalable as well, just buy 2x or 3x of everything and voila - almost modular scale building. Just need to add a bunch of 1 x 4, 1 x 6 and 1 x 8 bricks for the sides and back.

I'll agree the colours aren't quite right, but there are some interesting features. Seems like they're only 'half way' there.

The other two look better, the third in particular has some nice features like the garden and top-floor walk through, but $90.00? Seriously?

Edited by Transparency for Effect

Yeah, if this was $79 instead of $89 I'd be much more tempted to buy it. Next to the other houses in the Creator line, it feels like they tried to cram too much into too little space. The alt builds actually look well thought out though, not quite as remedial as some of the other 3-in-1 builds.

Yeah, if this was $79 instead of $89 I'd be much more tempted to buy it. Next to the other houses in the Creator line, it feels like they tried to cram too much into too little space. The alt builds actually look well thought out though, not quite as remedial as some of the other 3-in-1 builds.

You mean like 5891 and 6754? Because I'm actually quite a big fan of those sets. Though I don't really know if the alternate builds of this model are enough to tide me over.

Edited by Transparency for Effect

Exactly! My two faves are 31012 Family House and the retired 4954 Model Town House. Both were less expensive and while not modulars, they at least approached a more realistic size and felt "finished" externally.

I do love the interior details they put into the new 31026 set, but I'm still struggling with the overall scale and value of it. It's not priced to be a very good parts kit.

To be honest, I now only like the original two building idea from the set......the two other builds look like throw together's by a children.....mish-mash of coloured sections......not for me.

I was looking forward to this set coming out.....but now I'm not so sure.

Though I could buy it for the wife.....she might think it's cute. :blush:

This set fills a good niche that has been missing sets for a while and began with the Town Square set released last year. Fitting between the big, Town centre buildings, which are Modular's and the smaller suburban houses of the Creator series.

I expect I will be buying one or two of these sets to help build my city.

I like the Bike Shop/Cafe a lot! Looks really fun, something my kids would enjoy playing with since it isn't too bulky and unwieldy yet still has that real building "feel". I usually try to buy all Legos on sale or discounted through Amazon anyways, so the MSRP isn't too big an issue for me. Definitely will be looking out for this one after it releases.

I have recently come out o f the Dark Ages and look forward to buying this set.As a newbie AFOL, I still have grown up responsibilities and can not drop the money for the cost for the mods. (200, can pay an utility bill) . Also as I have inherited two creator sets ( beach house and the 4956) from my teenage son and would like to keep my budding town to scale. Thirdly, I must admit that I am a bit intimidated at sets over 1000 pieces. For me it is a bit over whelming.

Now how can I bricklink creator elements? Id like to make the alternate builds for the two stets I have. Any one willing to adopt a Newbie?

I have recently come out o f the Dark Ages and look forward to buying this set.As a newbie AFOL, I still have grown up responsibilities and can not drop the money for the cost for the mods. (200, can pay an utility bill) . Also as I have inherited two creator sets ( beach house and the 4956) from my teenage son and would like to keep my budding town to scale. Thirdly, I must admit that I am a bit intimidated at sets over 1000 pieces. For me it is a bit over whelming.

Now how can I bricklink creator elements? Id like to make the alternate builds for the two stets I have. Any one willing to adopt a Newbie?

Here's a thread from the forum:

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=76046

After a great model like Family House, I'm disappointed with "wannabe" modular set. Actually more like "wannabe Medieval Market Village" :D

My question is: Do you think this format for Creator houses is better than the previous ones? Compare the new set with Appletree house, Log Cabin, Family Home, Mountain Hut... I think there's some progress and, to be quite honest, I like it that the Creator houses are becoming more and more lively, with minifigs, cars and even interiors. But I don't like it that they are becoming smaller than the older ones.

EDITED for spelling. Tablets virtual keyboards are... Tricky, to remain civil. Grrr.

Edited by Artifex

My question is: Do you think this format for Creator houses is better than the previous ones? Compare the new set with Appletree house, Log Cabin, Family Home, Mountain Hut... I think there's some progress and, to be quite honest, I like it that the Creator houses are becoming more and more lively, with minifigs, cars and even interiors. But I don't like it that they are becoming smaller than the older ones.

EDITED for spelling. Tablets virtual keyboards are... Tricky, to remain civil. Grrr.

not until you have the product in hand to say for sure, but it sure seems a better fit in my city than with the apply tree house, log cabin, family house, etc.

besides, i don't think lego will abandon the traditional creator houses like mentioned above, as they do with the more smaller creator houses sets like log cabin, mountain hut, etc. i think they are simply expanding the creator houses line into this type of product which i totally agree with.

The bike shop seems available in the US but not in Europe. Does anyone have an idea of the eurozone pricing? To me, it seems that these Creator houses tend to be on the expensive side in the US compared to City, Friends or Expert.

The bike shop seems available in the US but not in Europe. Does anyone have an idea of the eurozone pricing? To me, it seems that these Creator houses tend to be on the expensive side in the US compared to City, Friends or Expert.

I'm also interested in how much it costs in Europe... and in its precise release date. It's quite a nice set. I simply like the way it looks and the choice of colours isn't bad at all either. It may not be a modular but it will definitely look nice in a LEGO city.

80 Euro's in the Netherlands (well, 79,99 actually). Saw it yesterday at Intertoys, it is available now: http://www.intertoys...caf-601685.html

(bad translation of "bikeshop" though: they translated "bikeshop" to "motorzaak" which actually means motorbikeshop...)

Though at today's prices for Lego it is value for money, I think I'll wait a bit until it's on sale somewhere.

Edited by jfbat

80 Euro's in the Netherlands (well, 79,99 actually). Saw it yesterday at Intertoys, it is available now: http://www.intertoys...caf-601685.html

(bad translation of "bikeshop" though: they translated "bikeshop" to "motorzaak" which actually means motorbikeshop...)

Though at today's prices for Lego it is value for money, I think I'll wait a bit until it's on sale somewhere.

I bought it yesterday at A-Tembo in Delft/Breda for 54 euros. That's incredible value for money!

I bought it yesterday at A-Tembo in Delft/Breda for 54 euros. That's incredible value for money!

Are your sure?

http://www.a-tembo.n...afe-detail.html

Anyway, I bought it for 68 euros yesterday at a local toys hop, after spotting it at Intertoys as well. I stopped buying Lego at Intertoys years ago because of their ridiculous prices.

Official price in most european contries is 69,99 euro. At little over 1000 pieces that almost exacty half of Palace Cinema.

I stopped buying Lego at Intertoys years ago because of their ridiculous prices.

They at least stopped adding to the RRP for most of the sets. But it certainly pays to look around before buying...

Does this Balloon Cart set belong here? Oh, well, I got it from the LEGO Store today!

14323262205_6bc60333ec.jpg

14136721687_92f2695eae.jpg

14319916561_eaeebb2a8a.jpg

Overall, it's definitely one of the better non-licensed LEGO Store threshold promos! I love the build of the stand itself, and the minifigures are not what you'd expect in terms of prints in a non-licensed polybag.

Edited by just2good