indexed.gif

Here's my entry to Challenge I category A.

Alek the Avalonian was on his way to meet up with his fellow soldiers, but he never arrived...

I've actually had this built for awhile, I just now got around to posting it. Oh, and purple is my new second favorite color!

11470881613_05d82dbab5_c.jpg

Ch1_Horse 001

11470692365_0813baf04a_c.jpg

Ch1_Horse 007 by Carson Haupt, on Flickr

11470657034_af1c0f111a_c.jpg

Ch1_Horse 015 by Carson Haupt, on Flickr

11470597095_9b9ecb7c90_c.jpg

Ch1_Horse 019 by Carson Haupt, on Flickr

11470564636_43cbde0394_c.jpg

Ch1 by Carson Haupt, on Flickr

Oh, and I'd also like to claim UoP credits for the following:

-Sand dunes (are these big enough?)

-Extreme Environments (the water)

-Studs up Rocks

More pics on Flickr: http://www.flickr.co...06/11470474154/

Edited by kabel

Oh man I agree with you about the purple, it looks great here! I know my Lego store has some purple tiles on its PAB wall, I will have to pick some up. I also love the leaning tower. Looks great!

Excellent rock and sandwork and I like the pillar design :thumbup:The purple water looks good and adds a lot to the Nocturnus atmosphere :classic:

Reallu nice work :thumbup: :thumbup: I like the stonework and the pending pillar :wink:

"The large crater known as The Fallen Angel lies at the north-western edge of the Nocturnus Desert, an arid land populated by wandering tribes of orcs, reptimen, and caniban. The Fallen Angel itself is a massive water-filled impact crater surrounded by the ruins of a long forgotten civilization, the monuments of what must have been a great people, these remains are even rumored to be built by the Kaligem empire, but this is hotly disputed in archeological circles. The water filling the crater is a strange, purple color, caused by some strange substance in the water. Strange plants and fungal growths emerge from the slime, and small islands of mud and stone form the nesting sites of the Green-Tailed Black Swan, a bird peculiar to this region."

Edited by Lord Duvors

"The large crater known as The Fallen Angel lies at the north-western edge of the Nocturnus Desert, an arid land populated by wandering tribes of orcs, reptimen, and caniban. The Fallen Angel itself is a massive water-filled impact crater surrounded by the ruins of a long forgotten civilization, the monuments of what must have been a great people, these remains are even rumored to be built by the Kaligem empire, but this is hotly disputed in archeological circles. The water filling the crater is a strange, purple color, caused by some strange substance in the water. Strange plants and fungal growths emerge from the slime, and small islands of mud and stone form the nesting sites of the Green-Tailed Black Swan, a bird peculiar to this region."

Yes! That's great! How do you guys come up with this stuff!?!

Yes! That's great! How do you guys come up with this stuff!?!

Inspiration.

Great build by the way.

Well the avalonian's death looks rather certain, but will the victor's be assessed an environmental protection fine for disturbing the swan's habitat? It doesn't look too pleased to have its lovely purple water tainted with blood. My favorite part of this build definitely goes to the ruined tower, it really pulls things together, good job.

Really nice little vignette - i like your unconventional colour choices, they do look inhospitable! :devil: Go team Black Spire!

UoP: +1 for studs up rocks and extreme environs, both simple but very effective. I would like to see more contouring for sand dunes though - as it is, it just looks like a gentle gradient rather than heaped up sand drifts. (Btw, you should put a link to this topic in the UoP registration thread if you want it to be assessed. Otherwise it might get missed.)

Really nice little vignette - i like your unconventional colour choices, they do look inhospitable! :devil: Go team Black Spire!

UoP: +1 for studs up rocks and extreme environs, both simple but very effective. I would like to see more contouring for sand dunes though - as it is, it just looks like a gentle gradient rather than heaped up sand drifts. (Btw, you should put a link to this topic in the UoP registration thread if you want it to be assessed. Otherwise it might get missed.)

Ok thanks, I thought these might be a bit small but I figured I'd give it a shot. And I have now put a link, thanks for reminding me about that!

Well the avalonian's death looks rather certain, but will the victor's be assessed an environmental protection fine for disturbing the swan's habitat? It doesn't look too pleased to have its lovely purple water tainted with blood. My favorite part of this build definitely goes to the ruined tower, it really pulls things together, good job.

Swans don't care much about that, in fact they're willing to shed some blood themselves... (true fact.)

Next Moc: Swan Fights.

I can see already the sequel; Swan Fights: Rise of the Duckling. It's tag line can be "It's gonna get ugly".

A very good vignette with a hint of that strange crater, and the fig posing is also very good!

Regarding UoP credits, I agree with previous peer reviewers that extreme environments and the rocks merit +1.