DrJB

MOCs we all would like to see ... and build ?

Something like this car carrier - fully motorized, of course, with lots of pneumatics to raise / lower the loading ramps - and big enough to handle all of my 41999 and 9398's :laugh:

a missile launcher. with working launcher.

How about working missiles? :devil:

Seriously though, aren't small model rocket single use engines roughly a tall 2x2 round brick? Not for purists (or people afraid to melt their Legos), but definitely doable! Could probably even be integrated with PF!

Spent some 'serious' time making an LXF of the French Citroen 2CV, based on Nico71's photo instructions. This is the Chassis only, the body (+ seats) is another endeavor in itself. The small parts to the side, I could not place because of LDD's strict 'alignment' limitations. Happy Moc-ing

http://www.brickshel...ry.cgi?f=537067

PS. My effort here is just a 'tribute' to such iconic car and Nico's talent. I understand the car was disassembled, so let this LXF capture it for a long time ...

Edited by DrJB

I'd seriously consider building this, but aside from the obvious lights, steering, fake engine, and RWD, the only other function I can think off would be randomly exploding to smithereens without warning :laugh:

Edited by JGW3000

MOC? Erm ........ New to this, unsure what this means. However would love to build a Chinnook Helicopter next year.

And a MAN SV drops military truck

I do have a Citroën 2CV in yellow. I like it cery much how smooth it drives.

Any 2CV questions?

Ask me!

Lately I have been wanting to make a very large harbor crane like this:

http://www.konecranes.co.uk/equipment/bulk-handling-cranes

I would make it so the main structure of beams would be covered with grey 5x11 panels all the way up, one for each side of the pillar. If you scaled it so the beams would look in proportion with the panels it would probably be around 3 feet tall and 4 feet long, including the crane arm of course.

If I ever get the chance to build such a monstrosity I'll probably change the actual crane function so you could lift anything and it would be a mobile one to so you could drive it around. Unfortunately it would require hundreds of pieces that I may only have a few dozen of as well as around 100 5x11 grey panels.

Maybe one day.......

That's funny, I was actually considering making one of those. My problem was that I couldn't find any info on it, and plus I don't really know how to make an efficient telescopic boom.

Maybe I will figure out how to make one in the near future.......

I've got some good ideas:

Terex AC-1000

conradc.jpg

(The all red and all yellow cranes.)

2108_01a.jpg

I'm actually building this one out, and like those models in the above picture it will have a fly jib.

Terex AT-20 Franna

2113b.jpg

Gottwald AK 912

11793491555_ce2d62b62b_o.jpg

Gottwald AMK-126

11771564004_2c7db33166_c.jpg

Gottwald AMK-306

8633324319_bc1f12c760_o.jpg

Gottwald AK-450 in Van Seumeren livery

6771800795_d4da5fd269_b.jpg

Gottwald AMK-500

6066012262_4853d4219d_z.jpg

Gottwald MK-1500

6523585903_64516506da_z.jpg

Gottwald AK-680-2

6772554571_3cd16d94cb_b.jpg

All Gottwald cranes employ interesting engineering solutions that I think would make them easier to replicate in Lego.

Also, while it is technically a Demag, the TC 3600 Quicklifter was originally a Gottwald design.

6987543972_41097b1142_c.jpg

Seriously, just look at that thing.

Bucyrus 8750 Dragline, for all your giant model needs:

DSC05970.jpg

Or how about a Cat 25M Motor Grader?

55264c.jpg

All of these things I would like to see built.

Aren't you guys tired of cranes???

How about a bucket-wheel excavator for a change?

Seen this standing by the railway on my way to school the last couple of weeks, looks pretty interesting, and I have never seen one before (neither in real life nor in Lego)

1024x576.jpg

1024x576.jpg

1024x576.jpg

1024x576.jpg

Are you sure it isn't already made of LEGO? That cover over the front mechanism looks to have been built out of plate :-)

Per their website ... NJD is responsible for the maintenance and construction of new train tracks in Norway ... If this is made in Lego, it's a good opportunity to bring the Technic and train themes together ... as I do not recall ever seeing a technic train.

Very interesting. I've never seen a road/rail vehicle with a telescoping cherrypicker arm on it before.

I would like to see someone give this ago! It's Russian, and thats all i can remember but it does lift up off the tracks to turn or if it gets stuck.

11186369566_f53169150d_o.jpg

11186369194_87f16fb5d6.jpg

11186370706_7c0123bf17_b.jpg

11186371666_c985e0287c_b.jpg

If i remember my Vehicle ID from my army days, this is a BMP variant and i would also like to see this in lego, motorized of course!! Might have to give this a go when i get home!

Edited by Chas

I just remembered something; The absolutely most awesomest car ever:

ITG_Pic3.JPG

Il Tempo Gigante, from the Flåklypa Grand Prix movie! :thumbup: If you're not Norwegian, there is a chance you have never heard of this before, so I'll summarize real quickly:

In 1975, Ivo Caprino made the greatest Norwegian movie ever. It was a stop-motion puppet film, about an inventor (Reodor Felgen) who made an absolutely fantastic car to race in the local Grand Prix, facing off against his arch enemy (Rudolf Blodstrupmoen) who stole a prototype of his engine (or something, can't quite remember). This car is truly spectacular, and has some awesome features, among others:

-Two speedometers, one going to 250 kn/h, then the other one takes over and goes from 250 to 400

-A front mounted V12, and a rear mounted turbine engine (I think), producing 2000 hp together

-Blood vials in case of accidents (including blue blood, in the event royalties are involved)

-Radar

-Plus tons of other awesome stuff that I can't remember (I really need to watch this movie again, preferably tonight!)

The main problem concerning this build, would probablt be the fact that the entire car is plated in a gold-like colour, as you might see from the pictures

i025471.jpg

And yeah; they actually made a working, full size version of the car (apparently including the aforementioned turbine engine):

Iltempo.jpg

Here lined up next to a Koenigsegg Agera R

640x426.jpg

I did some googling, and found that according to this site, LEGO actually made a prototype Technic model og this fantastic vehicle, but sadly it never made it into production. However, here is a picture of it:

800x600.jpg

Whether it is an actual prototype made by TLG, or a MOC of some (highly skilled) builder with knowledge of the film (probably a Norwegian), I can't say for sure, but it looks great and very Technic-y!

So, anyone up for reimagining this car in Technic or Model Team even? :thumbup::thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup::classic:

Edited by D3K

I've got some good ideas:

Gottwald AMK-500

6066012262_4853d4219d_z.jpg

Or how about a Cat 25M Motor Grader?

55264c.jpg

All of these things I would like to see built.

The Gottwald AMK-500 is really interesting. Are the two carriers attached together to support a single boom?

An AC700 is on my list of MOCs I want to build, and the thought of building one is one of the things that got me back into LEGO. I've started some of the planning for it, but I'm not sure I'll ever get around to actually building it.

I've been working a little bit on a Cat 140M road grader, but I just work on it when I get tired of working on my other projects. :laugh: I won't have that one done for a while.

Seen this standing by the railway on my way to school the last couple of weeks, looks pretty interesting, and I have never seen one before (neither in real life nor in Lego)

1024x576.jpg

That's a neat truck, but the scenery there looks amazing. I would love to visit Norway someday.