good thing I bought another servo and two more l motors soon after the 9398 :devil: , so they were still reasonably priced and available, but this still doesnt seem fair.

Hmm.... when does the boss crawler release? Possibly that is the reason TLG won't sell the motors until June.

This is very odd considering that you could order all of the new Mindstorms EV3 parts and the large set isn't out yet.

Yesterday, I telephoned Lego Customer Service in the USA to inquire about the INDIVIDUAL RETAIL SALE of Lego Power Functions (PF) L-Motors, PF Servo Motor, and PF v2 Receiver. I did not get an answer, and I got no response from various TLG management personnel that I dealt with in the past.

So far, The Lego Group has not offered these elements for individual sale through Shop.Lego.com ; they have only been available via the Lego Technic 9398 4x4 Crawler set. Bricklink sellers have parted-out the 9398 sets and sold these elements at exhorbitant markup prices.

According to the LEGO.com Powerfunctions webpages (linked below), the advertised "release date" for these elements are:

PF 88003 L-Motor (Lego Element ID 6000564) -- "The Large Motor will not be available through LEGO.com until June 2013." Well, it's now mid-June -- why aren't they available? The previous "promised date was March 2013, but that got slipped until June 2013. Why should one have to wait 10 months for individual sale? I don't recall that kind of delay happening with any other PF elements.

download48FB4A305E3A1AAA01881886DBF56171.jpg

PF 88004 Servo Motor (Lego Element ID 6000566) -- "The Servo Motor will not be available through LEGO.com until June 2013."

downloadF3F1DC785B098CEA6EEBCFFFDFF1D1E3.jpg

PF 8884 Remote Control IR Receiver v2 (NOT the currently available v1 PF Receiver) (Lego Element ID 6020086) -- no date listed.

download48C32255C2E0E3379EE1FAC2A7994878.jpg

Yeah, I've been checking their site on a daily bases. My guess is the motors that were originally going to be on sale individually are being used on M88's crawler set instead. But, what do I know...I could be completely wrong. :grin:

I bet they are waiting until sales are complete for the boss crawler before individual sales.

Well, it's now the end of June, and (presumably) TLG's management is home for the weekend -- still no word on WHEN the Power Functions L-Motor, Servo Motor, and v2 Receiver will be available for individual sale.

1) AVCampos (the TechnicBRICKS Lego Ambassador) tried to find out.

2) Lego Technic Designer Grohl (Milan Reindl) tried to find out.

3) I contacted Lego Customer Service -- they did not follow up with my Service Call 033464695A. :thumbdown:

If 2 x 20,000 Power Functions L-Motors and 20,000 PF Servo Motors were needed for the 41999 Boss Crawler set, why can't TLG say so? What is the new date that these elements will be available for individual sale?

question-mark.jpg

It does seem very odd that these are not on the market yet, most people, when asked would say that bad news is better served with a flow of information. we don weant miss information or no information. LEGO should just come out and say what the plan is, as you say

If 2 x 20,000 Power Functions L-Motors and 20,000 PF Servo Motors were needed for the 41999 Boss Crawler set, why can't TLG say so? What is the new date that these elements will be available for individual sale?

I think that the release is imminent: the sets containing them appeared on Brickset today ;) Since these inventories directly comes from LEGO service...

Well, if TLG is considering Baker Island's time zone, they still have, at the time of writing this, more than half a day to make these components available. :grin:

I too hope they become available soon, the prices at BrickLink are, in a word, demoralising... at least the L motor will soon see some wider availability when the 42009 comes out.

If it does not get released soon there will probably be a price drop in the l-motor anyway because of 42009 but the cost of the servo and v2 will most likely be the same. :hmpf_bad: I still don't have any of the 9398's pf parts yet... :sadnew:

Aaannd it's the 1st of July, at least for me, and no show for the motors. However, bizarrely, the site does not list any of the individual elements. What's going on here?

^ The people at Lego direct have told me they don't know when these parts will be available, but that it -could- be July or, even August. Same deal with the new parts from the Boss Crawler.

servo, L-Motor & V2 IR.the currently available

I take it you mean they are.

They aren't available for individual sale, but they are apparent in the Crawler set(s)

^ The people at Lego direct have told me they don't know when these parts will be available, but that it -could- be July or, even August. Same deal with the new parts from the Boss Crawler.

Which Boss details will be available? Dark blue?

On this Technic.Lego.com Message Board topic, I finally got an answer from the Message Board Moderator official named WhiteAlligator:

Here's the update ... happy.png

The L Motor and Servo Motor will be available July 9th. party.png

Unfortunately we are not sure when the V2 IR Receiver will be available. We apologize for the delay. Of course we are working to get it available as soon as possible.