XimenaPaulina

Post your general LEGO Star Wars questions here

1 minute ago, Legoman123 said:

Out of interest guys, do you think that Rogue One sets are going to be made for years to come?  I only ask because it isn't a direct movie in the main movie line.

I think so and hope so. They've probably intentionally left a few gaps in the lineup so they can make more next time.

3 minutes ago, VaderFan2187 said:

I think so and hope so. They've probably intentionally left a few gaps in the lineup so they can make more next time.

I personally can't see why not, I mean it is cannon so there is no reason why that shouldn't.

34 minutes ago, brobert said:

I'LL NEVER JOIN YOU!!! 

If you only knew the POWER OF THE FREAKY YODA CLUB! :yoda:

Just now, JDbricks said:

If you only knew the POWER OF THE FREAKY YODA CLUB! :yoda:

Maybe I'll start my whiny Luke club instead

3 hours ago, Legoman123 said:

Out of interest guys, do you think that Rogue One sets are going to be made for years to come?  I only ask because it isn't a direct movie in the main movie line.

I would be surprised if we didn't. I'm expecting that we get an AT-ACT instead of the next AT-AT set.

Hey guys,

So I need your opinions.

Right now I have the option to buy just one set out of these 3

1) 75156 - Krennics Imperial Shuttle - 80 euro

2) 75102 - Poe's X-Wing Fighter - 70 euro

3) 75149 - Resistance X-Wing  - 70 euro

And I can't decide. My logic so far is like this.

1 - Krennic big build, great minifig collection but only good for Rogue One stuff ...

2 - Poe LOVE the color scheme ok minifigs but I would love a new X-wing WITH this collor scheme

3 - LOVE the Poe minifig and Lor San Tekka and they are unique right now and I love to add them to my collection. Like the x-wing but I would really prefer the orange/black version.

So any advice suggestions anything guys?

Thank you in advance

55 minutes ago, mitzab said:

Hey guys,

So I need your opinions.

1 - Krennic big build, great minifig collection but only good for Rogue One stuff ...

2 - Poe LOVE the color scheme ok minifigs but I would love a new X-wing WITH this collor scheme

3 - LOVE the Poe minifig and Lor San Tekka and they are unique right now and I love to add them to my collection. Like the x-wing but I would really prefer the orange/black version.

Thank you in advance

Krennic's Shuttle is a great set, but like you said it's only useful for Rogue One, as in-universe it's a prototype Shuttle that was never in full production, and was only used by Krennic himself, and that limits in-universe use. As a build it's great! Loved building it, and minifigures are outstanding! The only reason I originally bought it, was for Deathtroopers and Krennic , but now you can get Deathtroopers in a battlepacks , so they aren't reason to buy the set. Given all these, I'd recommend buying it either at discount or if you like the build itself.

Both X-wings are different story all together. Poe's is unique only to him and it's unlikely Lego will remake it anytime soon. Minifigures are mediocre, so they aren't the reason to get it. Resistance one is useful as a generic Resistance X-wing and you can use it with generic pilots. Minifigures of this set are great!

So I'd go with Poe's personal one since it's going to retire soon, you like colors more and it won't be remade any time soon. 

P.S. If you like Poe's jacket in Resistance set you can probably buy it from bricks & pieces for a few $/€/£.

Edited by benderisgreat

I would buy the one that's retiring first which is likely to be Poe's X Wing. Krennic's Shuttle will be available for a while yet, I would wait until that is available at a discount. 

1 hour ago, mitzab said:

Hey guys,

So I need your opinions.

Thank you in advance

I think it's up to your taste really, the Krennic shuttle in itself is probably the best from these 3. Good build, pretty huge, and great minifigs. 

If you'd have an X-wing rather than this, then buy one of those. The resistance one is better from a minifig perspective, but I personally am passing on both because I don't find them a particularly good representation of the source material. 

I'd rather wait for a better T-70, I'm in no hurry, but my space is limited so I have to be picky :)

1 hour ago, mitzab said:

Hey guys,

So I need your opinions.

Thank you in advance

I'd go for the x wing in the colors you like best, it practically teh same build anyway. It's fantastic on display and in your hands :)

I don't reallly like Krennic shuttle alot.

Thank you guys so much for the feedback.

First of all, all the mentioned sets are at a discount here in europe from 90 and 100 EUR so that is why I am considering them.

You guys helped me remind why I didn't get the X-wings before. Even tho I love the builds and especially the color scheme of Poe's one, they are not that accurate to the movie version like brobert mentioned (thanks man) . The wings don't fold properly like they should (like in the movie). So maybe I should really just wait a few more years for an updated version. Hope it will not be 10 years :P .

And Krennic's shuttle yes everybody says is a great build, great figures, great price and I would really consider it. Especially since last year I got the Kylo ren shuttle and I was very very disappointed. This seems to be a redemption to that.

I am also not that crazy about the Death troopers since I already got 2 of the new battle packs so I'm covered with that :P . Also like benderisgreat pointed out is not that reusable lore wise that is why I have all the doubts (and the Kylor Ren experience :( )

So thank you all again and still looking for more arguments. I haven't made a decision yet.

Maybe I'll just skip it and wait to get the Rathar escape set rumored for the summer release :P ( I love diorama sets )

Cheers

Do you guys think we will ever get a special forces TIE pilot? Lego missed the obvious opportunity to do this in the special forces TIE set. If they release a regular FO TIE moving forward, it'd be weird for them to have the special forces pilot in it. The only feasible place I can see them including him is a microfighter or the advent calendar(which from what we've seen, he isn't in). Furthermore, I'm not convinced we will ever get a line of episode 7 microfighters. Input anyone?

1 minute ago, jhaelego said:

Do you guys think we will ever get a special forces TIE pilot? Lego missed the obvious opportunity to do this in the special forces TIE set. If they release a regular FO TIE moving forward, it'd be weird for them to have the special forces pilot in it. The only feasible place I can see them including him is a microfighter or the advent calendar(which from what we've seen, he isn't in). Furthermore, I'm not convinced we will ever get a line of episode 7 microfighters. Input anyone?

I think it's possible we'll get Special Forces Tie pilot in The Last Jedi. It's been rumored we'll get more TIE variations so Lego could include SF pilot in one of those.

Edited by benderisgreat

On 2/3/2017 at 11:16 AM, benderisgreat said:

I think it's possible we'll get Special Forces Tie pilot in The Last Jedi. It's been rumored we'll get more TIE variations so Lego could include SF pilot in one of those.

Maybe it could be a throw in figure with a potential Kylo Ren custom TIE set?

5 hours ago, JPN366 said:

Maybe it could be a throw in figure with a potential Kylo Ren custom TIE set?

That's what I was thinking.

As much as I hope Kylo doesn't have a TIE, I could see the special forces piot as a throw in fig. 

Could you guys see them putting a kaminoan in the rumored Obi-Wan Jedi-Starfighter+Hyperspace Ring Set?

9 minutes ago, jhaelego said:

Could you guys see them putting a kaminoan in the rumored Obi-Wan Jedi-Starfighter+Hyperspace Ring Set?

It would be the only good place to do so, other than another Jango's slave 1.

I highly doubt they'll ever make an actual Kamino set. 

On February 3, 2017 at 10:17 AM, mitzab said:

Thank you guys so much for the feedback.

First of all, all the mentioned sets are at a discount here in europe from 90 and 100 EUR so that is why I am considering them.

You guys helped me remind why I didn't get the X-wings before. Even tho I love the builds and especially the color scheme of Poe's one, they are not that accurate to the movie version like brobert mentioned (thanks man) . The wings don't fold properly like they should (like in the movie). So maybe I should really just wait a few more years for an updated version. Hope it will not be 10 years :P .

And Krennic's shuttle yes everybody says is a great build, great figures, great price and I would really consider it. Especially since last year I got the Kylo ren shuttle and I was very very disappointed. This seems to be a redemption to that.

I am also not that crazy about the Death troopers since I already got 2 of the new battle packs so I'm covered with that :P . Also like benderisgreat pointed out is not that reusable lore wise that is why I have all the doubts (and the Kylor Ren experience :( )

So thank you all again and still looking for more arguments. I haven't made a decision yet.

Maybe I'll just skip it and wait to get the Rathar escape set rumored for the summer release :P ( I love diorama sets )

Cheers

The death troopers in the shuttle are different then the ones in the battle pack.

6 hours ago, ChiefPie said:

The death troopers in the shuttle are different then the ones in the battle pack.

Well, in that they have pauldrons...it's not that big of a difference.

Although it is nice to have both versions next to each other. Makes the entourage all the more intimidating, especially if you make a badass blaster instead of the much loved stud-shooters.

On 2/3/2017 at 6:13 PM, jhaelego said:

That SF pilot is very interesting. You see, I thought all the pilots have the same outfit, but then I saw in the visual guide that the SF pilots are supposed to have the 2 red stripes across the helmets.

Now, in the actual movie, when we see TIE pilots, they are actually not flying SF TIE-s, but the normal ones...

Think about it, that's the only scene when they chase down the Falcon when we actually see a TIE from the inside which is piloted by a FO pilot.

At first, I even thought that the stripes on the helmet are just reflections of red lights. 

So make of this what you want, as far as I remember, we never actually see a SF pilot piloting a SF fighter in the movie...

28 minutes ago, brobert said:

Well, in that they have pauldrons...it's not that big of a difference.

They have different printing. 

th?id=OIP.M73e6bf912910c2e8f663a64210afc48ao0&pid=15.175165_alt4.jpg

Sorry, I cannot resize them on my tablet.

3 minutes ago, VaderFan2187 said:

They have different printing. 

Sorry, I cannot resize them on my tablet.

Oh wow, I stand corrected...I can't believe I haven't noticed this since they stand on my shelf behind each other for 2 weeks now XD