XimenaPaulina

Post your general LEGO Star Wars questions here

Hi DrJones, and welcome to the Star Wars forum!

According to the Bricklink inventory (link) an extra 92738 blaster is included as standard (additional parts are located at the end of the list). I really ought to open my copy at some point, it looks like a great set :blush:

And there was me thinking, shopping with you was just funding more 10179 Bricklinking sessions. :laugh:

Do you like collecting ships rather than buildings or structures like the Carbonite Freezing Chamber, or more of both?

And there was me thinking, shopping with you was just funding more 10179 Bricklinking sessions. :laugh:

Much to the annoyance of Mrs Lobot, my hobby room is half-full of large delivery boxes which are my own personal collection. Most of these are still unopened - I'm hoping to build them all and make a suitable display at some point, but it's become a very long-term project! I blame my sister actually - a couple of years ago I commissioned her to paint a ROTJ scene for me as a centrepiece and I'm still waiting; it will include an incomplete Death Star floating in the blackness of space, an Imperial Shuttle landing on the illuminated platform, the patrolling AT-AT, the Shield Generator dish and a few Stormtroopers enthusiastically drumming on the heads of a dozen furry inhabitants!

And, yes, I'll admit the other half is used to hold parts for my store which helps to fund my hobby, plus the odd 10179 :laugh:

Apologies, wrong theme.

Edited by Moexy

Im preparing to build the bridge of an Imperial class star destroyer. Now im facing a bit of a dillemna. The only proper full bridge we ever see as far as I know is the Executor's bridge. Do people think they are basically the same design? The Executor is a massive ship so you would Imagine the bridge would be much larger but not neccesarily.

Im preparing to build the bridge of an Imperial class star destroyer. Now im facing a bit of a dillemna. The only proper full bridge we ever see as far as I know is the Executor's bridge. Do people think they are basically the same design? The Executor is a massive ship so you would Imagine the bridge would be much larger but not neccesarily.

I would guess that they only built the one bridge set, and used it for the Executor as well as the Avenger & the SD that gets hit by the ion cannon during the Hoth evacuation (I forget the name of that one). The Executor has a bigger bridge tower, but the bridge itself within that tower is still the same size. This shot from the Avenger certainly looks enough like the Executor's that you should be fine keeping it the same...

I want to display my poe dameron x-wing flying at a 45 degree angle. Are there any instructions around for a stand that will allow this? Thanks!

I want to display my poe dameron x-wing flying at a 45 degree angle. Are there any instructions around for a stand that will allow this? Thanks!

I think there's some sort of acrylic stand you can buy from a third party (I can't remember the name though), otherwise, I think you'd be looking at using some Technic pieces.

No, I think the bridge is the same size. Even if it is larger, it's certainly not to scale with the ship. For example, in the TLG's official Executor you can see the bridges for the normal star destroyer and the Executor are actually the same size. Obviously, TLG isn't known for accuracy, but if the bridge is larger, it's not by much.

Hey guys, I've never collected anything Star Wars Lego, and I'd love to get some down the line, but right now Superheroes dominates my wallet lol - so anyway, random question, the one set/characters I'd definitely want to track down would be anything involving Dash Rendar/Shadows of the Empire - has LEGO ever produced a set based on anything from that series?

Thanks guys!

Hey guys, I've never collected anything Star Wars Lego, and I'd love to get some down the line, but right now Superheroes dominates my wallet lol - so anyway, random question, the one set/characters I'd definitely want to track down would be anything involving Dash Rendar/Shadows of the Empire - has LEGO ever produced a set based on anything from that series?

Thanks guys!

They haven't. The only thing they produce now since Disney bought Star Wars is from the movies, tv series, and random Lego made ships that may be from legends. They did produce KOTOR sets but not anymore.

They haven't. The only thing they produce now since Disney bought Star Wars is from the movies, tv series, and random Lego made ships that may be from legends. They did produce KOTOR sets but not anymore.

Ugh, that's a shame. I guess I'll hold out hope that maybe one day it could happen, cause I'd assume Shadows of the Empire could still be canon since it's wedged between Empire and Return. It was probably the old N64 game, but Dash has always been my favorite SW character lol

Ugh, that's a shame. I guess I'll hold out hope that maybe one day it could happen, cause I'd assume Shadows of the Empire could still be canon since it's wedged between Empire and Return. It was probably the old N64 game, but Dash has always been my favorite SW character lol

No its no canon.

A have a question about what to get. I'm going off a $300 budget.

The options I'm thinking about is getting the:

UCS Assault on Hoth and 1 or 2 Attack on Hoth's as an addition. A lot of people dislike the UCS Hoth but I don't have as much animosity toward it.

UCS Slave 1 and either A-Wing & Darth Vader's Tie or Turbo tank. It's only going over budge by a tiny bit so its fine.

Millennium Falcon and A-wing % Darth Vader's Tie and maybe something else

The Yet to be released UCS Death Star. Don't know of the price on that thing yet

Anyone else got any ideas or feedback?

Does anyone know if you set a photo on Flickr to private, will it mess the pictures up anywhere else? I do a lot of profile shots for Shadows of Nar Eurbrikka but they sort've clog my photo stream up and mess up the stream of builds. My hope is if I set certain pictures to private they just disappear from my public photo stream but don't get messed up here on Eurobricks.

No, I think the bridge is the same size. Even if it is larger, it's certainly not to scale with the ship. For example, in the TLG's official Executor you can see the bridges for the normal star destroyer and the Executor are actually the same size. Obviously, TLG isn't known for accuracy, but if the bridge is larger, it's not by much.

I would guess that they only built the one bridge set, and used it for the Executor as well as the Avenger & the SD that gets hit by the ion cannon during the Hoth evacuation (I forget the name of that one). The Executor has a bigger bridge tower, but the bridge itself within that tower is still the same size. This shot from the Avenger certainly looks enough like the Executor's that you should be fine keeping it the same...

Thanks guys! It's a lot of good information i'm going to use when I attempt to build my bridge.

Edited by Forresto

UCS Assault on Hoth and 1 or 2 Attack on Hoth's as an addition. A lot of people dislike the UCS Hoth but I don't have as much animosity toward it.

UCS Slave 1 and either A-Wing & Darth Vader's Tie or Turbo tank. It's only going over budge by a tiny bit so its fine.

The Yet to be released UCS Death Star. Don't know of the price on that thing yet

I wouldn't get the Hoth set because it has terrible reviews and will most likely be discounted in the future. The decision between the UCS Slave I and the Millennium Falcon is close but I would give the edge to the Falcon. The Slave I is a better display model but the Falcon is more iconic and has a lot more play value. I bought the 75105 without minifigures and got the newest OT Han, Luke, Chewie, Obi-Wan, R2 and 3PO to go with it. It's my 2nd favorite set behind the Sandcrawler.

Assault on hoth is a bad idea; it's not a great set, and even if you don't have any Hoth sets right now and you don't think it's bad, you should wait until later. Either the price will drop and you can pick it up cheap, or you can wait for the inevitable redesign in a few years.

You should wait until they reveal the death star. I bet it'll be cool, probably the coolest set we've seen for a while, but 99% it'll be well over your budget; probably by $100.

Slave 1, Falcon, Turbo Tank, and A-wing/Vader's TIE are all good sets. All of them will be remade at some point in the future, even if the sequel trilogy backs things up. You don't have to worry about missing out on the Millennium Falcon; you know TLG will release one every three years, but if you're looking to get a core star wars collection it might be a good buy for you.

I don't really care quite as much for the A-wing/Vader's TIE set as some people do; it's decent, but I think it still can and will be improved upon, and it's not a very exciting to get when you're spending your $300 budget.

The UCS Slave 1 is a beautiful set; it has nice figures, a nice build, accurate, it's nearly flawless. There'll be a cheaper remake someday, but I think the higher cost is worth it for this one.

The turbo tank is a good set that has nice figures, and good playability too, if you care about that. It's no masterpiece, but I doubt it'll be surpassed anytime soon, so it's worth buying.

My final recommendation would be to get the Slave 1 and Turbo Tank, but all the sets are worthwhile.

I don't know if you are looking at buying these sets now or not, but I think I would wait to see the DS. I don't think any of these sets will sell out before then (if you're a lego VIP you get early access to the DS in September), and that way you can judge if you want to save up/spend the extra cash on the Death Star.

I don't know if you are looking at buying these sets now or not, but I think I would wait to see the DS. I don't think any of these sets will sell out before then (if you're a lego VIP you get early access to the DS in September), and that way you can judge if you want to save up/spend the extra cash on the Death Star.

Right now, nobody has a clue what exactly the DS will look like or how much it will cost, so I can't decide on that yet. I want to get a big set soon since I've been holding off for quite a while now.

Not sure if this the right topic to ask this question but it is on topic, LEGO and Star Wars. I need some buying advice. A local shop here quoted me around 80 usd for 4 minifigs from 75098 Assault on Hoth. The minifigs are: R3-A2, K-3PO, Wedge and Wes. Is this too much?

Not interested to pick up 75098 as a set... Since I have very little interest on Hoth diorama.

That's very steep but cheaper than Bricklink at the moment.

Thanks. I agree... But what is the likelihood of 75098 being on clearance? I don't see it happening here in my region. Maybe in the US it will be on sale and will drive the price down. But will also drive the price of these minifigs down? I don't have historical data of loose/parted out UCS sets to make any conclusion or educated guess.