XimenaPaulina

Post your general LEGO Star Wars questions here

I think this would go in the General Questions thread.

Anyways, it has been done before. The best-known ones are this one, by Artifex Creations, which is fully motorized in PF, with flashing lights, firing missiles, interior lighting, extending towers, and full interior; and this one, by Sven Junga, which is not powerized by has an interior and is done in smooth SNOT.

I think this would go in the General Questions thread.

Anyways, it has been done before. The best-known ones are this one, by Artifex Creation, which is fully motorized in PF, with flashing lights, firing missiles, interior lighting, extending towers, and full interior; and this one, by Sven Junga, which is not powerized by has an interior and is done in smooth SNOT.

Both of them are amazing! I think I like the stud version by Artifex Creation's more. Best of luck building one Lloyd, I look forward to seeing it. :sweet:

CF

No Id say its too soon for a remake...for its 10th? remake..

It's been out for 5 years now(6 next year), which is actually a long time between remakes of a Lego Star Wars set. Maybe, to make us AFOLs happy with a remake, they could make a special variation of the X-Wing, say Bigg Darklighter's X-Wing for example.

Anyways, 6 years isn't way too soon for a remake of a set IMO. 1-4 years, however, is too short a time after the release of the original set for a remake of said set, no matter how flawed the original may be.

Lord Embo

It's been out for 5 years now(6 next year), which is actually a long time between remakes of a Lego Star Wars set. Maybe, to make us AFOLs happy with a remake, they could make a special variation of the X-Wing, say Bigg Darklighter's X-Wing for example.

Anyways, 6 years isn't way too soon for a remake of a set IMO. 1-4 years, however, is too short a time after the release of the original set for a remake of said set, no matter how flawed the original may be.

Lord Embo

LEGO did try to give us a variation (Wedge's Red Two) in 6212, but they messed up and added three wing stripes. So as long as it's a Red Squadron X-wing, it's actually Red Three, all that's missing is Biggs' minifig. Wedge did fly under the number 3 call sign, during ESB as Rogue Three, but as a Red Squadron member he was Red Two in AnH and Red Leader (one) in RotJ.

Anyways, 6 years isn't way too soon for a remake of a set IMO.

Lord Embo

The fly in the ointment here is that 6212 is still in production. Although that didn't stop TLG from producing another AT-AT.

The fly in the ointment here is that 6212 is still in production. Although that didn't stop TLG from producing another AT-AT.

I believe the reason the AT-AT was made again was just for the ESB Anniversary and to me the AT-AT is the symbol of ESB.

Dunno when, but one day, I will build one. :sweet:

Edited by Anio

I believe the reason the AT-AT was made again was just for the ESB Anniversary and to me the AT-AT is the symbol of ESB.

Well you have to remember that the previous AT-AT was motorized. I don't think it was considered as a remake of the first and I don't think the new one is considered a remake of it.

I was thinking about using three black technic wheel as each of the wheels to the Juggernaut; just an idea for the size I envision it as. Those types of wheels are hard to come by though... Bricklink will have to do.

Moving this to general questions shortly.

But the newest Slave I and AT-AT are actually worse than their predecessors...

I beg to differ. The AT-AT is questionable because the last one was motorized, but other than that this one has more figs, and a more accurate structure. Same goes for the Slave 1, better figs (though some may argue that), a more accurate colour scheme- and other than that, nearly the same design.

I beg to differ. The AT-AT is questionable because the last one was motorized, but other than that this one has more figs, and a more accurate structure. Same goes for the Slave 1, better figs (though some may argue that), a more accurate colour scheme- and other than that, nearly the same design.

There's some debate whether the last two versions are better than the original version. I only own the motorized version, so I am in no position to answer those questions.

In terms of design, I don't feel that there's any controversy over which is better, because I don't think that the 8129 is more accurate or better designed than the 4483. And more detailed minifigures != better set. For reasons stated previously in this thread, I think that the 8097 Slave I is a pretty good example of this. (Of course, if you want to take playability into account, you've got an argument that I, having never encountered any of these sets loose, cannot follow.)

hello,today i´ve build the tantive iv set,but after quite fit the princess leia hair in the minifig the piece is moving forward and backward when i touch it :cry_sad: ,is this normal or i should request LEGO a new piece?(it happens with all of my minifigures)

First welcome to EB!

Second, this belongs here.

Third, I think you should contact Lego if it's bothering you that much. They're pretty easy going when it comes to "defective parts" so go ahead.

hello,today i´ve build the tantive iv set,but after quite fit the princess leia hair in the minifig the piece is moving forward and backward when i touch it :cry_sad: ,is this normal or i should request LEGO a new piece?(it happens with all of my minifigures)

Sounds like a problem. Do you have a digital camera? turn on the macro mode, it should be a button that has a flower icon, and take a picture of the hair underneath where the head plugs into.

That doesn't sound like a defective piece. Either you're extremely unlucky, you've only bought one set, or you're doing something wrong when assembling minifigs. Pictures would greatly help.

If by "forward and backward" you mean it's turning around on the head, then all headpieces (that don't continue over the back or front, of course) do that. They don't lock into place.

I had a mismoulded leia hairpiece from that very set. I just went to the web site and filled in a replacement request, and it came through a week later.

I had a mismoulded leia hairpiece from that very set. I just went to the web site and filled in a replacement request, and it came through a week later.

I think you mean the smooth Leia hair, found only in this set. wizardapprentice mentions this happening to all of his minifigs.

Not that I know of.

There's the sw137 magnet listed on BL which is the same Obi Wan without the headset print.

Perhaps they (TLG) put the wrong heads on some of the magnets, but officially I think it's a "No!"

It's not part of any magnet sets according to BL either.

I think it's a wrong listing that never got deleted.

Sorry.

I think you mean the smooth Leia hair, found only in this set. wizardapprentice mentions this happening to all of his minifigs.

I think he means the hair slides on all his minifigs, so my guess is that the "anti-stud" on the bottom is more of an oval and lets the hair wiggle around. Sounds like an all-around poor part to me, very glad neither of my Leias are having such a bad hair day. :laugh:

I think he means the hair slides on all his minifigs, so my guess is that the "anti-stud" on the bottom is more of an oval and lets the hair wiggle around. Sounds like an all-around poor part to me, very glad neither of my Leias are having such a bad hair day. :laugh:

I thought that initially as well, but as I've said, he mentions this happening to all of his minifigs, and I don't have single one with this problem.

I think it's a wrong listing that never got deleted.

I agree with KimT.

Figs sw162, sw234 and sw152 came with the headset print. And sw152 was released in the same year as magsw137. So there is a small chance that the head of sw152 ended upon magsw137s shoulders. Looking at the year that sw137b was added to bricklink, I think that somebody gave sw234 - released in 2009 - a new pair of orange magnetic legs...

Edited by menq