XimenaPaulina

Post your general LEGO Star Wars questions here

3 minutes ago, Juke said:

Hi, has anyone ever heard of "LEGO Space Wars"? My wife was recently in Teipe, Taiwan. She said that they call Star Wars space wars. I told her it probably wasn't LEGO then, but a knock off. I've looked into it a bit, and found that it's Saba, not LEGO. Anyone else seen them before? Are they worth it?

The simple answer to that would probably just be 'no'. Space Wars, I think, is the name used by a company called Sheng Yuan to clone existing Star Wars sets. The licensed forum has had all mention of the cloned sets banned and any discussion about such things should probably be in the Community Forum as it's not genuine Lego.

The question of whether it would be 'worth it' is down to you. It'll be cheaper but the quality won't be the same and the product is essentially stolen from Lego.

3 minutes ago, Robianco said:

The simple answer to that would probably just be 'no'. Space Wars, I think, is the name used by a company called Sheng Yuan to clone existing Star Wars sets. The licensed forum has had all mention of the cloned sets banned and any discussion about such things should probably be in the Community Forum as it's not genuine Lego.

The question of whether it would be 'worth it' is down to you. It'll be cheaper but the quality won't be the same and the product is essentially stolen from Lego.

Thank you, but I wasn't actually interested in buying them. Merely curious. I'm loyal to the LEGO brand. My wife on the other hand may have bought them if she was able to get them back. Seeing that it is a possibility of her doing so, just wanted other opinions. I asked the question here because of the thought that "Star Wars" and "Space Wars" were the same thing

Would anyone recommend the hoth attack set 75138? Looks like a nice set but need a second opinion. 

13 hours ago, Ed9217 said:

Would anyone recommend the hoth attack set 75138? Looks like a nice set but need a second opinion.

Have you checked out any reviews? What else do you have already?

If you want something to augment your Hoth display/collection you get another turret, some barricade/trench, a snowtrooper & Hoth rebel - plus Han Solo if you don't already have 70 of him. I am yet to open mine, but I've heard that the turret is a different size from the ones in the Assault On Wallet set. That may or may not mean anything to you. The generic minifigs are repeats from other sets.

Usually Hoth sets are bigger and therefore more expensive, so it's a good option if you want to augment your Hoth without too many redundant repeat minifigs or structures. (How many Wampas could you want?) Apart from Han and the probe droid, you could be satisfied with multiples of the set.

On 7-11-2016 at 1:50 PM, Ed9217 said:

I like it, if you find it at a reasonable price and not the EU price, which is rediculously high.

I didn't own any hoth sets before 75138. So i have no comparison base with earlier sets.

I also bought the 75098 afterwards, they fill in nicely.

75138 is a nice enough set, but if you already have or are planning to purchase the Assault on Hoth UCS set, I don't think there's much reason to buy it. I have it paired with a snow speeder, Tauntaun, and a few extra rebels/snowtroopers from older battle packs and it makes a decent little Hoth scene. Note that the turret is nowhere close to the proper scale, but it is kinda cute... and I still prefer it to the comparably priced Carbon Freezing Chamber, which is only really useful for the Ugnaught.

75138 Hoth Attack could have been great if it has a Tauntaun included since Han is in that set... and like others mentioned, if you are planning to get Assault on Hoth it may be redundant. On the other hand if you have other older Hoth sets then it would be a great buy. I won't buy it stand alone.

Edited by makoy

Thank you for all the replies, may hold off for now with it. Unless it can be found cheaper/with a deal this Christmas. 

42 minutes ago, Tariq j said:

Certainly seems like a funny selection of sets - much older sets (Tydirium for example) are not marked. Maybe there clearing out some of the poorer sellers ready for all the new sets coming next year. 

3 hours ago, Richpepperell said:

Certainly seems like a funny selection of sets - much older sets (Tydirium for example) are not marked. Maybe there clearing out some of the poorer sellers ready for all the new sets coming next year. 

Imperial Shuttle Tydirium is now marked "retiring soon". The list seems to be still growing.

Aren't some of these sets basically brand new? The Tie Advanced set came out this year, didn't it? Either way, not taking any chances, gonna grab these just in case they really are being ditched already.

Edited by GeekByKnight
bloody autocorrect...

hey! everyone, it has been a while since I bought my last lego set.... I love the Star wars lego sets, and I was thinking about buying a couple of them for Christmas!

Which ones do you recommend, I have my eye on the following:

Krennic's imperial shuttle

U-wing

Assault hovertank

At-ST

Kylo Ren Shuttle

Tydirium shuttle

Rebel Combat Frigate

I would love to buy them all, but unfortunately I do not have the money or the space to dedicate to Legos.

My main thought was to get the hovertank and the U-wing.

3 hours ago, jmontero said:

hey! everyone, it has been a while since I bought my last lego set.... I love the Star wars lego sets, and I was thinking about buying a couple of them for Christmas!

U-wing

Assault hovertank

At-ST

Kylo Ren Shuttle

Tydirium shuttle

Rebel Combat Frigate

I would love to buy them all, but unfortunately I do not have the money or the space to dedicate to Legos.

Krennic's shuttle is nice, but the Tyderium is superior.

Same for the Kylo's shuttle, which is also horribly inaccurate.

U-wing is very nice, great minifigs, and very swooshable. I can only hope it will be very iconic after Rogue One is out.

Rebel Combat frigate would not be recommended by me.

For hovertank or AT-ST, I have them both, and they're both great. If you already have any kind of AT-ST i'd buy the hovertank, you won't regret it!

6 hours ago, TWP said:

Krennic's shuttle is nice, but the Tyderium is superior.

Same for the Kylo's shuttle, which is also horribly inaccurate.

U-wing is very nice, great minifigs, and very swooshable. I can only hope it will be very iconic after Rogue One is out.

Rebel Combat frigate would not be recommended by me.

For hovertank or AT-ST, I have them both, and they're both great. If you already have any kind of AT-ST i'd buy the hovertank, you won't regret it!

Thanks! Your answer is really helpful, I will post my buys in the next couple of weeks =)

Imperial Shuttle Tydirium > AT-ST > Krennic's Imperial Shuttle > Kylo Ren's Command Shuttle > Imperial Assault Hovertank is my ranking. They're all really good sets IMO so you can't go wrong. 

I haven't built the U-wing yet but it looks pretty awesome. I don't think the Rebel Combat Frigate would be a very good set by itself with no other Rebels sets. I'd rather have the TIE Advanced vs. A-wing! 

Edited by jdm44

19 hours ago, jdm44 said:

Imperial Shuttle Tydirium > AT-ST > Krennic's Imperial Shuttle > Kylo Ren's Command Shuttle > Imperial Assault Hovertank is my ranking. They're all really good sets IMO so you can't go wrong. 

I haven't built the U-wing yet but it looks pretty awesome. I don't think the Rebel Combat Frigate would be a very good set by itself with no other Rebels sets. I'd rather have the TIE Advanced vs. A-wing! 

Thanks!!! I actually have the phantom+the ghost from rebels, I love the Ahsoka minifig from the Frigate set, but I will try getting Ahsoka on its own.

On 11/14/2016 at 2:07 PM, jmontero said:

I love the Ahsoka minifig from the Frigate set, but I will try getting Ahsoka on its own.

That will be $40. Ridiculous, isn't it?

7 hours ago, joeyl19 said:

That will be $40. Ridiculous, isn't it?

WTF??? 40$ just for the minifig? it will be better to buy the set then...

It would be if the set wasn't $200. The best minifigs were in the rarest most expensive sets :sad:

HUGE deals on LEGO at US Walmart.com, 30% off on a lot of sets, not just Star Wars.

Edited by JPN366

16 hours ago, jmontero said:

WTF??? 40$ just for the minifig? it will be better to buy the set then...

Yeah it's better to buy the set. Look at the eBay and bricklink prices. I think BrickLink has her a little lower though. 

On November 13, 2016 at 6:25 AM, jmontero said:

U-wing

Assault hovertank

At-ST

Kylo Ren Shuttle

Tydirium shuttle

Rebel Combat Frigate

Krennics shuttle is good. Ok interior and minifig selection is nice.

u-wing is pretty good. Small interior and the minifig selection ok.

Hover tank is really well made. Minifigs are good.

at-st is also really good. It's is bigger then any other version and minifig selection is not the best.

kylos shuttle is ok. Good interior yet the set it's self is not accurate. Minifig selection can be the draw.

tydirium shuttle is one of the best. Great interior. Minifig selection is nice unless you would rather have imperials instead. 

The combat frigate is nice. Small interior. If you want, you can always change some colors and make it a republic medical frigate. Minifig selection is not very good. Most minifigures have come out before. Ahsoka and the fleet commander would be the draw.