XimenaPaulina

Post your general LEGO Star Wars questions here

Click on minifigures in bricklink. Next SW/Episode 4-6. When you will be browsing you will see full name of minifigure and short number (sw585 in that case).

Ok, thanks. :classic:

Edited by Hobbun

How rare is the latest r2 d2 misprinted head?

How misprinted is the head? :laugh: My new R2 from the Jedi Interceptor had his "torso" printing a few millimeters too far to the left, and it doesn't look very good. Even my very non-AFOL brother commented.

Which one is better? I think 2006-th version has worse exterior,but better interior than 2014-th. The command bridge of 2006-th is too bulky compared to the main body,but the cockpit is cool. 2014-th has MUCH sturdier build and cool command bridge(interior). But i still like 2006-th hangar more.2014-th version is slightly smaller and lacks Tarkins minifig.

I like 2014-th more because of MUCH sturdier build.Which is better in others opinion.

Hello EB,

I've been looking into re-creating a scene from the star wars movies centered around one vehicule. My Budget for the MOC

is approx. 200 - 300$.

My Vehicule should not surpass 150$, so I'm kinda stuck.

I don't know which one to choose. I equally like these two and I can't figure out which one to pick to replicate.

The scene is, for example with the imp. shuttle, The endor landing.

Which one would you choose?

P.S : I love BIG vehicules. The Bigger, The better. But I'm still wondering...

Well, the Imperial Shuttle only appear in one movie (well, two) and the Falcon is, practically, a main character in four movies.

If you want to recreate scenes, the Falcon is the better option.

I don't think this requires a dedicated thread, so I'll merge it in a bit with the general Q&A thread pinned to the top of the forum :classic:

Hi Reidnes, and welcome to Eurobricks!

I've only owned the older 6211 version, which I really enjoyed building and seemed like excellent value for money when I bought it. It had a nice selection of minifigures, but as you mention the bridge was totally out of proportion compared to the rest of the set. The shape of the newer 75055 is more movie-accurate, but it seems considerably smaller which is a shame.

For future reference there's a general Q&A thread pinned to the top of the forum. I'll merge this with it in a bit :classic:

I've only owned the older 6211 version, which I really enjoyed building and seemed like excellent value for money when I bought it. It had a nice selection of minifigures, but as you mention the bridge was totally out of proportion compared to the rest of the set. The shape of the newer 75055 is more movie-accurate, but it seems considerably smaller which is a shame.

It's 7cm shorter but only less than 1cm smaller in width than 6211, making it seem a lot fatter too, less sleek.

I prefer the look of 75055 though, there is no exposed technic bricks on the sides and the top plates seem to enclose it better.

I have question about the longevity of stickers. I recently build a set and applied a Sticker on a Round 2 x 2 Tile Piece. I always clean the parts before I apply stickers on them, unfortunately that time something must have sneaked on the Tile while I was "aiming" to get the stickers in the centre of the TIle. I only realized after applying the sticker that a very small piece of something very thin must have been caught by the sticker and is now sealed under it, visible as a very small, but noticeable dent.

I tried to get the sticker off again right away, but no chance as I already pressed it on the piece. Even though it doesnt really annoy me, I ask myself now if that sealed up piece of whatever it is (maybe a dust particle) hurts the longevity of sticker. Is this the case?

I am pretty sure this question was asked before, and I do apologize for that, but would you consider 75094 - Imperial Shuttle Tydirium a decent display model considering the price (119.99$ CAN)? I was planning before on making my return to the LEGO world with this set (I havn't purchased anything since the first Star Wars wave, 15 years ago), but instead I bought the 75040 - Slave 1 UCS as a christmas gift for myself as well as the 2 whole microfighters series (the 12 models). I don't think I will buy anything else soon, I do not plan on playing with it of course and I know that I should make my own stand to get the most of it.

Easy answer. Combine the size (big interior) of the 6211 and build it up using the techniqe learned from the 75050. I always want to do it, but never have the time to do it.

I am pretty sure this question was asked before, and I do apologize for that, but would you consider 75094 - Imperial Shuttle Tydirium a decent display model considering the price (119.99$ CAN)? I was planning before on making my return to the LEGO world with this set (I havn't purchased anything since the first Star Wars wave, 15 years ago), but instead I bought the 75040 - Slave 1 UCS as a christmas gift for myself as well as the 2 whole microfighters series (the 12 models). I don't think I will buy anything else soon, I do not plan on playing with it of course and I know that I should make my own stand to get the most of it.

The shuttle is a nice display piece, but it looks best with it's wings extended and unfortunately the set does not include any stand to display it in such position. So you would need to build your own and it has to be quite large and stable to properly support this model.

Since I don't own the 75050, I can only speak to the 6211.

I like the larger size of the 6211, but the 6211 is not very good for playing with. It does fall apart easily... unless you add to the bottom. I hated that every time I picked it up, the bottom would break apart. Easy fix though.

Also, as someone mentioned, the exposed technic bricks do not look good on the 6211. This can be fixed like I did below...

15646945441_3fe0a9ccb6_b.jpg

Here's a 6211 vs 75050 comparison video someone did. Maybe this will help you.

The shuttle is a nice display piece, but it looks best with it's wings extended and unfortunately the set does not include any stand to display it in such position. So you would need to build your own and it has to be quite large and stable to properly support this model.

But definitely worth doing...

lamda2thumb.jpg

With the carbon freezing chamber set on the horizon, does anyone have any suggestions for a suitable torso for Leia in that scene - basically her both outfit without the body warmer/vest?

Don't know if this was mentioned before, but I was just browsing Bricks & Pieces and I was able to purchase all parts of the Final Duel Luke Skywalker minifig for less than €2!

I purchased some other interesting parts too (mostly to update my minifigs):

- New Leia face (Tydirium set)

- Finn's hair (for Desert Skiff Lando)

- Finn torso (for a captured Poe minifig)

- Torso, legs and helmet green Endor rebel (Tydirium set)

- New Darth Vader helmet and face

- UCS Tie pilot helmet

how do people buy pices from bricks and pieces ill i see on B and P is replacements or broken parts. unless you lie about having them

how do people buy pices from bricks and pieces ill i see on B and P is replacements or broken parts. unless you lie about having them

I recently got all the parts to make 2 clear-domed astromechs, Sabines helmet and a couple of Kallus torsos for a couple of pounds. Also a few of the new rebel endor helmets. I'm always amazed by what you can get for pennies from there!

Edit: I've just been on the site, and the button to buy loose bricks is missing!

Edited by Richpepperell

Edit: I've just been on the site, and the button to buy loose bricks is missing!

I'm glad I sent my order before TLG closed the store. It appears as «in warehouse» right now.

The button is removed every year during the holidays, so they can focus on handling missing and broken part orders. It should be back in January.

Wow, I can't believe lego would remove the option to buy loose pieces from their website. I actually have some sets that are missing some. :hmpf_bad:

Just for the holidays, but if you have sets that came without pieces, use the missing pieces button.