Doc_Brown

Ultimate Rock Crawler course. (Ideas are welcome)

Here is a update!

I've made pretty much made as much of the solid bridge as I can.

Will need 12 x 5x11 panels, and heaps of liftarms to fill in the road part.

:wink:

so many great ideas in this thread, keep them coming!! :grin:

I wish I had the room for that course, or at least for storing its parts.

Also not everything can be made in Lego. I mean, that hill climb... well unless you made it with rubber treads or those litle rubber things people use to make treads nothing would climb it.

Not a "drive through" obstacle like your map, but in the actual 4x4 world they have RTI ramps (Ramp Travel Index) to measure total travel distance of the front and rear suspension combined.

runnerdz4.jpg

Not a "drive through" obstacle like your map, but in the actual 4x4 world they have RTI ramps (Ramp Travel Index) to measure total travel distance of the front and rear suspension combined.

2 of them and you have ramps up to higher levels, and they look cool in yellow.

My collie ambush I could do without, my dog jake hides out my view and attacks the crawlers with his paws before I can stop him, sometimes he turns them over, will have to get a video :)

Some great ideas but can I make one last suggestion. A pit of bricks, maybe single stud bricks or a single flat plate. Things like bridges, ramps etc don't have to be lego but I would ask we use as much lego as possible where we can even if it's just on the outside.

H

Starting on some pyramids tommorow, the fibreboard costs £6 and can make 6 pyramids and a ramp, battleship gray for the finish and held together with cable ties and hinges.

The ramp will be 30 degress one side and 45 the other.

Here's a huge update! Ozben and I worked flat out yesterday and made all this.

9736828019_e7c2ea291e_c.jpg9736815049_e36ef60822_c.jpg

9736807859_65194b48f4_c.jpg

Yes thats sawdust on 41999. :P

This is roughly what it will look like when finished.

9736904815_9fd27c7fa4_c.jpg

Edited by Doc_Brown

That bridge looks great! Plenty strong for MOCs.

Wow that is one impressive looking render! What software did you use?

tim

That bridge looks great! Plenty strong for MOCs.

Wow that is one impressive looking render! What software did you use?

tim

Thank you very much! I used Maya. the 41999's took just 5 mins to make, real quick, haha.

That bridge looks awesome! Great work on the course to. Could we get some more pics of the bridge?

Sure thing tmr, and thanks. :laugh:

What shots do you want?

That's a nice looking course. Get cracking with it and show us a video. Don't forget the pit of bricks, it should be very deep upto the top of the wheels.

H

I wonder if it would not be better to make each obstacle on its own base plate. This would allow you to transport / pack away easier as well as assemble it in any order or even add or remove obstacles.

Great job on this course, cant wait to see it finished :D

My elbow hurts so my pyramids is going slow :P

I had a small idea about a online competition, can a remote webcam record the IR signals from controllers and then send them to cars on your track via a TV/Monitor?

I wonder if it would not be better to make each obstacle on its own base plate. This would allow you to transport / pack away easier as well as assemble it in any order or even add or remove obstacles.

This sounds like a very viable idea, the modularity would allow you to make a variety of different courses, as well as the obvious storage benefits.

Great idea, but if you look closely at the photos you will see that's exactly what we have done :-)

Thanks for the kind words and encouragement guys. I have a couple of the obstacles nearing completion in my garage ready to be added to the course so we should have some photos of the almost finished product by next weekend!!

The track looks great.

Maybe a sunken pit filled with 1x1 cones would replicate going through mud.

Every course needs some cones ... http://www.ebay.com/...y-traffic-cones

:)

Not traffic cones; I meant Lego 1x1 cones which are perfect for use with technic models as they act like gravel.

They are very useful for technic excavators to lift up a pile of dirt as they do not clump together like 1x1 bricks or 1x1 round bricks.

Not traffic cones; I meant Lego 1x1 cones which are perfect for use with technic models as they act like gravel.

They are very useful for technic excavators to lift up a pile of dirt as they do not clump together like 1x1 bricks or 1x1 round bricks.

OOPs, I see now, and that is a good idea.

Those little traffic cones are awesome!!!

I just ordered a bunch from rc4wd.com LOL

Cheers!!!

I done a search after seeing 'cone' in brickies post and got lucky, you buy the rock crawlers and there is no stuff available for courses, I think lego marketing missed a opportunity.

Edited by JM1971

omg :wub:

i really wish i could take my fiat panda there to test its limits! :blush:

Instructions......... :-D