Sign in to follow this  
BrickRally217

What is your least favorite LEGO set?

Every avid collector of LEGO has got to have a set where they wonder why they didn't buy the other one instead.. Mine has got to be the 21002 Empire State Building. Out of all the $20 sets out there!

For me it has to be 4209 Fire Plane if we are looking at recent purchases. I liked the idea, but when I made it up it just looked weird, the wings were all out of proportion and heavy, it just looked wrong. I have been thinking of taking it apart for parts which is not like me at all. I like to keep my sets together, but this one is so terrible.

6211 - This is primarely a playset. Impossible to play with without breaking apart :devil: I can imagine lots of children getting this a biggest present for christmas etc and experince much crying. Shoddy desgin, good thing I got this for 50euro

42009 - 137 gears, ultra complicated gearbox and underpowered motor. Should have used 50 gears and 2 XL + M. Shoddy design as well. Paid retail - 40%

8070 - Ok, I get it. Make something worse than 8880, succeded! Got three though at -50% retail (good parts package anyway)

7937, yeah, let's buils somekinda station to shut up those annoying AFOLs .. still bought five cheaply

So, who is the fool? :blush:

21002 Empire State Building is a good nominee. Under 100 pieces for the Empire State Building? Why not a 75 piece Taj Mahal offering? Some things just demand a grander scale. The Empire State Building is one of those.

I recently purchased the T-Rex helicoptor set from 2012. Not sure on the set number, but the helicoptor falls apart just by looking at it. It has to be one of the worst built sets I've encountered. I only wanted the set for the T-Rex since I found a used copy of the set as much as the individual T-Rex goes for on bricklink. But the set is subpar. I will have to part it out sometime, but I have little use for that color scheme.

8070 - Ok, I get it. Make something worse than 8880, succeded! Got three though at -50% retail (good parts package anyway)

Totally agree here, I was so disappointed with it. So unimpressive next to 8880.

Maybe I just don't like modern Technic...

http://brickset.com/detail/?Set=8052-1 I am not sure why I bought it, as I still haven't opened the box. The studless Technic do not really appeal me (except the 41999 because it looks really good).

So I'll probably end up reselling that 8052 as the box is still sealed.

Not sure if that counts as my least favorite, just the one I regret the most buying (as the other sets, non-Technic, simply ended being parted out for MOC if they were not-so-good to be kept as a whole set)

Edited by antp

I kind of liked the empire state building, yes, it could have been slightly bigger but in my opinion a great set. Anyway for mine:

Spy jet escape Cars 2: Arguably the worst set in the Cars line, you could only fit Finn or holly in the plane and only one of them-not both. The back of Finn stuck out of the plane. There was a 45 degree hole between the ramp and the back. And finally it looked nothing like a spy jet inside.

The twighlight: You would think that a set this big TLG would make this a brilliant set but there was a huge flaw that ruined it all- Technic took up all the interior!

I don't really have one tbh. Building 4440 though, was what made me realise that even the larger city sets just didn't 'do it' for me. Since then, I've pretty much stuck to Exclusives.

4440 wasn't bad, as such, it just wasn't a satisfying enough build for me.

6211 - This is primarely a playset. Impossible to play with without breaking apart :devil: I can imagine lots of children getting this a biggest present for christmas etc and experince much crying. Shoddy desgin, good thing I got this for 50euro

42009 - 137 gears, ultra complicated gearbox and underpowered motor. Should have used 50 gears and 2 XL + M. Shoddy design as well. Paid retail - 40%

7937, yeah, let's buils somekinda station to shut up those annoying AFOLs .. still bought five cheaply

So, who is the fool? :blush:

Why are you even saying that though? Nothing for a very long time (or ever) will surpass the legendary 8880.

I do agree though, 6211 sucks and 42009 really needs at least an XL.

21002 Empire State Building is a good nominee. Under 100 pieces for the Empire State Building?

I think it's a fairly good representation and all the half-stud offsets are interesting. I concede that it was overpriced, though.

The twighlight: You would think that a set this big TLG would make this a brilliant set but there was a huge flaw that ruined it all- Technic took up all the interior!

I remember when it came out - I thought it was less a spaceship and more a big bley box thing.

Well, recently, of what I bought, maybe that Coast Gaurd $20 set. Just... Meh. 2013 has been a great year for sets, at least for me.

The twighlight

I twice searched Bricklink for that, just to see what it is, and BL both times said, "No Item(s) were found. Please try again!". I'm doubting it's a real set now.

I twice searched Bricklink for that, just to see what it is, and BL both times said, "No Item(s) were found. Please try again!". I'm doubting it's a real set now.

Maybe that was sarcasm, but if not here you go.

Why are you even saying that though? Nothing for a very long time (or ever) will surpass the legendary 8880.

I do agree though, 6211 sucks and 42009 really needs at least an XL.

What?! I love 6211! I remember wanting that set so badly, and then I got it for Christmas. One of my favorite memories ;)