It's not perfect, but it's mine.

Just like Error404 said, it's doesn't need to be perfect and it's more important what you build in it and your moc's are always impresive Mahjqa :wink::thumbup: .

Looks very good and cozy. I also agree with Error404.

I'm hoping one day to have a "Lego Room" such as I've seen in this post.

A lot of people will be jealous of a nice big room like yours.....and I'm one of them :wink:

What would you change to make it perfect? :classic:

A bit more space would be nice. Right now I'm photographing a model, and that means I'll have to rebuild most of the room to get some space and a white background. Also, my parts storage isn't all that efficient; most of the time I just plonk the right containers on the floor and get my parts from there.

Once there was a time when I needed a bigger living room. We ended up getting a smaller couch and changed to a more practical layout. Suddenly we had plenty of space :wink:

Changing your part storage will allow you to have plenty of space for a photo studio set. You have more space than I do and I still manage to combine storage and shooting pictures.

I've posted this before, but this is what I mean:

15439152008_618af88c1f_c.jpg

That photo studio setup I am jealous of!!! :wink: Love the way you setup your workspace, but the studio standout... This is something that is on my to do list for a while, but with the large trucks, not to mention the trailers, it is not that easy to have such a spot... Will get one someday... :thumbup:

That photo studio setup I am jealous of!!! :wink: Love the way you setup your workspace, but the studio standout... This is something that is on my to do list for a while, but with the large trucks, not to mention the trailers, it is not that easy to have such a spot... Will get one someday... :thumbup:

Thanks. Happy with it too. Actually it is a better storage space than workspace. My workspace is at the opposite wall (see picture). This setup is perfect for storage and pictures, but it lacks a convenient workspace, with parts readily accessible. Currently it's a big mess, because we are rebuilding the 2nd floor, but after that I will try to make a setup that's more convenient for building. I am definitely not complaining about this room, but it's getting smaller and smaller by the week. Or is my LEGO collection growing by the week :tongue:

(old picture, posted before)

15004518994_26b792ac73_c.jpg

Here is my setup:

7okpOIil.jpg

This was taken last summer, when I was doing the photo instructions for my LMP1 car. The drawers at the back are actually all my non-Technic parts, my Technic parts being in boxes like the ones under the lamp. But as this is all the space I've got, I must choose between Technic and non-Technic, only one at a time, sadly.

Jim, that photo studio is great in its simplicity. Thank you for sharing it with us!

I should really make something similar because now, to take an image, I first have to set up everything. Problem is that I often don’t feel like doing it for just one or two images so I often end up regretting for not having the WIP images of my MOC’s.

Jim, that photo studio is great in its simplicity. Thank you for sharing it with us!

I should really make something similar because now, to take an image, I first have to set up everything. Problem is that I often don’t feel like doing it for just one or two images so I often end up regretting for not having the WIP images of my MOC’s.

Yup, it's actually pretty simple, considering the quality of the pictures you get. Having a setup like this readily available is quite convenient for shooting WIP pictures.

I just started a couple of months ago. Right now I work on a black collapsible table in the living room (and get yelled at routinely to move). It's a 3*3*3*3 table, obviously square. I have one project box with compartments right now. Though, with this 800+ piece aircraft carrier I'm working on I had to break out a couple of Tupperware containers too. I'm getting another box next month. My hope is one day to have a room dedicated to Lego. We'll see.

Edited by Dopplercb

Jim; on my last project I needed a slightly larger photo setup than the one you posted. Like this:

That looks nice! I agree that my setup is somewhat limiting. I manage to shoot flagships, but bigger MOCs is difficult, if not impossible.

My current workplace is still on a carpet, but now it's a dedicated Lego carpet. Plus I bought 6 pieces of IKEA plastic boxes which was a very good decision.

workplace_2.jpg

By the way, the rest of my collection (I bought an Acors too since then):

collection.jpg

Edited by Lipko

My setup for photography involves the timer function on the camera of my Galazy Note 3, a very unweildy 'holding' of the device between my wrists, my nose to press the camera icon to start the timer countdown and where ever the build to be photographed happens to be sitting at the time.

Reading the posts above I'm starting to think there may be a better way :classic:

Edited by grum64

Hehe

For starters you could get yourself a tripod or mount of some sorts for your Lazy Note :wink:

I reckon that will help you a lot, since you don't need to hold the device.

Hehe

For starters you could get yourself a tripod or mount of some sorts for your Lazy Note :wink:

I reckon that will help you a lot, since you don't need to hold the device.

Lazy Note :classic:

I had a tripod with a mount for my phone. I knocked it while manouvering my wheelchair causing it to fall over and hit the 8258 I was intending to photograph. It was at this point gravity took over and sent it cab first to the floor. The result wasn't pretty :sad:

...snip...

It was at this point gravity took over and sent it cab first to the floor.

...snip...

Sorry to hear that. It's moments like these when people experience the 'bullet time'.

You look at the tripod, falling gracefully. Then you take a look at its target, and notice the 8258, sitting there all innocent, like a bunny under a speeding truck's headlight. Time slows down, rain drops start to float down like feathers. You feel a strange sensation taking over you. Then the tripod hits the 8258 and it goes flying. At this point time comes to a complete halt. Rain drops linger in the air, without any trace of their momentum. But 8258 doesn't. You imagine the impact, and the bitter sensation grows, completely engulfing you.

Than it happens. Gravity works its magic against all your wishes. A single teardrop falls from your eyes, rolling down your cheek.

Again, sorry to hear that.

Sorry to hear that. It's moments like these when people experience the 'bullet time'.

You look at the tripod, falling gracefully. Then you take a look at its target, and notice the 8258, sitting there all innocent, like a bunny under a speeding truck's headlight. Time slows down, rain drops start to float down like feathers. You feel a strange sensation taking over you. Then the tripod hits the 8258 and it goes flying. At this point time comes to a complete halt. Rain drops linger in the air, without any trace of their momentum. But 8258 doesn't. You imagine the impact, and the bitter sensation grows, completely engulfing you.

Than it happens. Gravity works its magic against all your wishes. A single teardrop falls from your eyes, rolling down your cheek.

Again, sorry to hear that.

Very eloquently put, that's exactly how it happened. Obviously you're a 'fellow sufferer' :classic: