Ecclesiastes

Book II - Mitgardia: Guild sign-up and Discussion

FDawg,

1. please refrain from double posts

2. just create yourself a new sigfig and story, shouldn't be a problem

3. we don't "claim" land here in the North like those greedy Avalonians do. We just found settlements. And yes, the mountains aren't that settled yet - so plenty space for you!

I tried to take all suggestions into account and come up with a workable solution to the problems you all listed. Let me know what you think:

16338010849_21fbe2dd5b_b.jpg

Edited by MKJoshA

I tried to take all suggestions into account and come up with a workable solution to the problems you all listed. Let me know what you think:

Nice work! I really like the map you've put together. It's very helpful.

I *think* I totally love it -- except for the key, which doesn't correspond with the numbering. But I totally love the future update? :classic:

Beautiful work. You've done your guild proud.

Edited by SarahJoy

I *think* I totally love it -- except for the key, which doesn't correspond with the numbering. But I totally love the future update? :classic:

Whoops! Key fixed :blush:

I think this is a great idea, and hope more collabs will arise over time.

. . . you can take a look at how SarahJoy did with her recent build supporting the Vlad, Mortis, Anfauglir line. (There has been many examples in the past, but this is the most recent one.) And then just build something that supports an existing storyline. :classic:

Two things to keep in mind (that may be obvious):

1) Don't make a narrative that will thwart or affect and ongoing story. Instead, support it or play up to it - it may spark some sort of response! :classic: And even if it doesn't, its still great to see it all come together.

2) Ask before you use sig figs, or make anything that could affect someone's story.

I'm flattered you'd use my small build as an example! In fairness, the timing on the Bloodbath build was serendipitous. I'd talked to Lord Vlad via PM about my build a while ago; I had wanted to make sure it fit with his Shadowmere canon, even as peripheral as it is. The timing of posting the build was brilliant luck.

That said, I'd like to reiterate the importance of coordinating with other creators before inserting yourself into a particular location or storyline -- it's polite and helps world-building. There are always small details to be shared that make both individual builds and our GoH world richer.

Edited by SarahJoy

Wow, great work on the map, MK!

Sorry, I've been away for a while. Mostly too busy with the internship and school, but from now on I plan to be more active again! Shame I missed the Collectible Figures stuff.

A question, on the map I see a few cities destroyed, are we going to rebuild them? Maybe in a new Challenge?

Also, I think it is a bit too late, but Alfadas has a hometown too, Roknövik. Small village, still growing. Located roughly in the middle of Ondylion and Hykerbia, just north of the mountains, close the the winter lakes. Nice forests for wood, lakes for fish and trade.

My village Helgestorp and my first town Stoneroda got destroyed during the war of the elementals. Their citizens relocated to Thorshaven, which has a safer location. So no need to rebuild them.

From high up and safe in the north, the citizens of Merak can only cheer at the excellent work of the Mitgardian cartography service!

one littel hint for #22, the original towers in that region were once put there as border towers. So like this Volhaal is already located in Avalonia.

Wow, great work on the map, MK!

Sorry, I've been away for a while. Mostly too busy with the internship and school, but from now on I plan to be more active again! Shame I missed the Collectible Figures stuff.

A question, on the map I see a few cities destroyed, are we going to rebuild them? Maybe in a new Challenge?

Also, I think it is a bit too late, but Alfadas has a hometown too, Roknövik. Small village, still growing. Located roughly in the middle of Ondylion and Hykerbia, just north of the mountains, close the the winter lakes. Nice forests for wood, lakes for fish and trade.

There's at least one other city that still needs to be added so it's not too late for yours!

one littel hint for #22, the original towers in that region were once put there as border towers. So like this Volhaal is already located in Avalonia.

IenjoyLego89, do you have a preference then about moving your city north?

I think your solution is perfect!

There's at least one other city that still needs to be added so it's not too late for yours!

Great, thanks!

I'll be working on some things that are in Roknövik (but not as big and detailed as Kabel's Thorshaven) and on some more AoM buildings.

Wow, my son and I just bought a Maula's Ice Mammoth Stomper (on sale at Walmart for $64), and it is quite awesome. Even an old Kaliphlin like me can really appreciate it, but for Mitgardians, it must be really awesome, with all that dark brown, and with all those cool trans-blue ice-looking parts. Anyone else pick up one of these? I'll have to build some northern MOCs with the parts. Of course, it will be six months before I can convince my son to break it up for parts...

I pretty much know what you're talking about. I've finally ended up to secretely buy those sets twice that I like as much as my sons. Still, you can never have enough pieces and so sometimes I end up secretely exchanging pieces, for example normal brown for dark brown or so. It's getting harder and harder though to cheat the little guys though. And yes I know, I'm a mean father ...

@MKJosha: I don't mind it been moved a bit further north. Most of Volhaal is grassy though as I don't have much white pieces. So it would make sense to be close to avalonia :)

Very nice map MKJoshA! One city recently featured in a wonderous MOC is missing however if I'm not blind? I'm of course talking about Amortug :classic:

Seems a little expansionist to me... But then again, Avalonia is the biggest guild territorially, I bet they won't miss it.

Sorry I haven't posted in a while.......school is getting annoying. Anyway, I should post something on Saturday.