Morten

The Simpsons 2014 Rumors & Discussion

Homer, Marge, Lisa, Bart, Chief Wiggum, Apu, Itchy and Scratchy, and Moe. Then we had Ned and Maggie.

PtoPwkd.png

I hope we get an El Barto variation, seeing as how we don't really see much variation in attire besides church clothes and vacation episodes

Dear Carlos, may I use your fotos for an article? This is so fantastic news!! Cheers, susba

Don't think anyone has mentioned this, but Maggie has a drill not a gun, from when she attacked Homer with it and Marge decided violent cartoons were to blame. I forget the episode title though.

I have stopped watching the Simpsons a long time ago but I'm compelled to get this because it may be a better designed play house than what I could design or build (if I had so many pieces). It's probably missing a few rooms from the show, but the basics are all there and no one is left sleeping on the couch.

But where are Santa and Snowball?

Snowball_II.jpg

Edited by badbob001

It's probably missing a few rooms from the show, but the basics are all there and no one is left sleeping on the coach.

From what I can tell it's missing the front two rooms (dining room and sitting room with fireplace). It's missing the attic and basement. Also absent is Marge and Homer's bathroom which in the show is accessed from their room. Maggie's room is also absent and her crib is now moved in with Homer and Marge. The foyer is also gone. All the other rooms are present (although position and layout of most are changed or condensed), really I'm surprised they fit in as much as they did.

I'm kind of disappointed the stairs aren't in quite the right position and the foyer is gone. When I buy this I'll definitely be modding a few areas.

But where are Santa and Snowball?

I'm sort of assuming they might appear in the collectible minifigure series.

Are you sure they didn't mean February 17th? There is an item in the LEGO February calendar for a VIP early exclusive release on Feb. 17.

I believe that is for the sea cow. I doubt TLG would push back releasing Star Wars sets and then release such an exclusive right in the middle of their lego movie push.

I cannot imagine this set being more than $200 in the u.s. and maybe even $180. This is an untested theme based on a show that has long since been popular. And if TLG is really using this to draw in more AFOL they are going to want to keep the price low. TLG can easily make up the difference on the minifigs and future sets. The goal here would be to sell a higher volume and help to sell future sets.

This doesn't belong in this topic, but who am I kidding, I have to give my 10 cents, what else would I do with a dime?

Get this set, the amount of detail in each room surpasses that of any single house in Lego history (OK, a bit of an exaggeration, the HH was very detailed). The garage has space for a car and still has a workshop! Most Lego houses only have one room, and they almost always lack a bed, this house comes with what looks to be 4 bedrooms, and each has their own bed (or crib)!. The rooms are connected with doors, something most Lego houses lack, I mean seriously, they are all just staircases leading up to rooms, this house not only has stairs (which are awkwardly absent from most Lego houses, anybody else notice that?) but doors and a hallway! Other than that one inch stimulation of what could be considered a hallway that was the 2008 Death Star, but it also comes with the couch fitting all the figures (except Bart, who still looks natural sitting on the floor. The amount of detail in this house got me excited, and I've never seen more than 2 episodes of the Simpsons! (And they don't fall under the category of "classic)

Both this set and the Parisian Restaurant will still be available in 2015, so don't worry, I doubt you'll only get one, plus modulars tend to stick around longer. So save up and get this one, I spent my 500th post trying to convince you to buy this set, for all of it's amazing details and hallways, new colors etc. Don't make this post be a flap, get this set now, you'll have double this time to get the Parisian Restaurant anyways! :classic:

In other news, I'm a knight! Hope Corneilius doesn't mind this post hopefully he can save on yelling at me, and just move this to the appropriate topic in the general discussion. :wink:

No need to worry, I'm leaning more onto the Simpsons House. Thanks! :tongue: But then again...

The question is: When will this be revealed, if this is really coming out on the 17th?

-Sci

Edited by CM4S

I have never watched an episode of the Simpsons and am still tempted to buy it. The house looks ripped directly off the screen! I think the complaints about it being a "big tan box" are valid, but I'd like to point out that if it was more detailed with 1x2 brick pieces, it would detract from its cartoon roots.

2014 is shaping to be a wonderful year for LEGO.

Don't think anyone has mentioned this, but Maggie has a drill not a gun, from when she attacked Homer with it and Marge decided violent cartoons were to blame. I forget the episode title though.

It was Itchy and Scratchy and Marge. Though I thought it was a hammer...

I think Maggie has played with a drill in a couple of episodes. The gun she shot Mr. Burns with was a revolver. Yes, she has held MAC10, but Lego probably wouldn't make that scene. Maggie even held a sniper rifle in one of the spoof episodes.

As for CMF variants, I'd like to see adult Bart, adult Lisa and teen Maggie from the 'future' episodes. We will probably get El Barto, since reprised a few times. I also would like Kodo and Podo, but the only discernable difference between the two are the voices.

As for the pets, which Snowball would we be getting, I, II, or III?

I already want the simpsons house! I don't care if it's the only set I get for 2014, I love it that much! It just seems very different from all the other LEGO sets.

Like the house, but personally i'm not too fond of the minifigs. Homer, Marge, Bart and Lisa look like they are or either freaking stoned, too much duff beer, or a combination of those... TLG really missed on getting the minifigs right in my opinion.

And i love the simpsons... been watching that show since my late teens.

Edited by Jorrith

Like the house, but personally i'm not too fond of the minifigs. Homer, Marge, Bart and Lisa look like they are or either freaking stoned, too much duff beer, or a combination of those... TLG really missed on getting the minifigs right in my opinion.

Don't worry, these are only variations on the regular versions we'll be getting in the Collectible Minifigure series. Speaking of which, when are we going to see pictures of those? Late February?

Don't worry, these are only variations on the regular versions we'll be getting in the Collectible Minifigure series. Speaking of which, when are we going to see pictures of those? Late February?

Anytime is possible. :wink:

-Sci

From what I can tell it's missing the front two rooms (dining room and sitting room with fireplace). It's missing the attic and basement. Also absent is Marge and Homer's bathroom which in the show is accessed from their room. Maggie's room is also absent and her crib is now moved in with Homer and Marge. The foyer is also gone. All the other rooms are present (although position and layout of most are changed or condensed), really I'm surprised they fit in as much as they did.

I'm kind of disappointed the stairs aren't in quite the right position and the foyer is gone. When I buy this I'll definitely be modding a few areas.

Maggie has got her own room in the set. Edited by Legoman123

Maggie has got her own room in the set.

She doesn't. If you look at the picture of the back of the box you'll notice the spot in the house where a glare of light is blocking out the picture. This is where Maggie's crib is as indicated by the separate picture that points to this section of the house (The picture of Maggie in the crib and Marge vacuuming points to the glare). This part of the house is merely the other half of Marge and Homer's room. Literally the crib would be located at the foot of their bed when the house is closed.

I'm sure many before me have said this, but I just can't look at Homer/Marge/Bart without thinking they look really.... well, stimulated and/or somewhat cheeky. The eyelids hsould've been higher up.

Why would LEGO put ugly stoned looking figures in the iconic house set and the regular figures in the CMS? That makes no sense to me.

If I'm going to spend around $200 on 1 set, everything should look great. In my opinion these figures look like a mess. Faces are weird and stoned looking, Bart and Lisa look like they're fat, and Maggie is too tall. Don't get me wrong, the house is beautiful but I'm not going to spend $200(maybe more) on just a house. I just think the Simpsons are not meant to become LEGO and the only reason why I'm going to get all 16 CMF'S is for the completionist in me(damn it haha)

If I'm going to spend around $200 on 1 set, everything should look great. In my opinion these figures look like a mess. Faces are weird and stoned looking, Bart and Lisa look like they're fat, and Maggie is too tall. Don't get me wrong, the house is beautiful but I'm not going to spend $200(maybe more) on just a house. I just think the Simpsons are not meant to become LEGO and the only reason why I'm going to get all 16 CMF'S is for the completionist in me(damn it haha)

Well really the Simpsons aren't meant to be 3D. Even with different eyes they'd still look bad. Fact of the matter is that they're 2D characters forced into another dimension. What looks good flat rarely looks good with the added dimension. If you've ever played any of the video games you'll notice how dreadful the character designs really look in 3D, they just don't translate well. This is exactly why they should have just gone with the traditional Lego head, at least then we would have gained some interesting hair pieces. But of course I'm sure Fox insisted on sculpted heads.

Personally I think the weird expressions on their faces is on purpose. Homer looks tired after work, Marge looks embarrassed, Bart looks bored, Lisa looks disappointed. Really Lego did capture those specific moods pretty well and these are true to the nature of their characters in the show. Perhaps really these facial expressions are really just references to the show. Really they couldn't include normal versions in this set, they needed new variations to make them rare and collectible. I guess they could have put these variations in the CMF's, but then it would have been expensive to get those normal versions that appear in the set. It seems one way or the other somebody loses. At least this way we'll have two variations of each of the main Simpson family members in it's initial run.

I was just going to mention that light blurring out details in the interior, wish we could have seen it all, but I was really hoping it would be a bathroom :sceptic: . Now my Simpsons figures will be filthy all over!

Anyways in all seriousness, I doubt Lego would go through with a theme showcasing 2 of it's most iconic animals on the box art and not put them in a money maker theme that is the Collectible Minifigure series which is breeding ground for interesting animal molds anyways. This debate seems sort of pointless, with Lego's past, aren't we guaranteed SLH and Snowball at this point? I mean their on the logo.

The figures are what they had to be. I didn't love the initial pictures of the figures "in the flesh" that surfaced online, but they're growing on me. Would they have looked better if they were all looking straight ahead with wide eyes? I don't know. Like strangley said right above, LEGO executed some expressions pretty well, and it gives the figures personality. No 3D Simpsons toys look quite right, but these are ok.

As for the house - I'm truly floored. It leaped right off the screen into LEGO. The interior is ridiculous in the amount of stuff and rooms they worked in. It's like LEGO made the first-ever Simpsons set the Death Star, except this really is the whole thing (minus a few rooms, but whatever).

I used to be in the camp (or maybe just my own camp) hoping that the house would be a regular LEGO set around $50 so that I could easily pick it up. But now that I've seen the direction LEGO went, I can't feel the same way. It might still be out of my price range, but it's a smart move and a beautiful set for fans of the show. I can see this being sold in entertainment stores that sell movies and music and not LEGO (the same way that the Minecraft sets are sometimes). The front of the box says: "here's the Simpsons house and HOLY CRAP IT'S LEGO." What adult nerd not-even-AFOL fan of the show is going to pass that up?

No need to worry, I'm leaning more onto the Simpsons House. Thanks! :tongue: But then again...

The question is: When will this be revealed, if this is really coming out on the 17th?

-Sci

The link you posted said that you can own a set early on January 17th if your a VIP and get to preview a set that'll be available early to VIP's on February 17th. Obviously the January release will be the Sea Cow, as has been confirmed earlier, and that means the "preview" set has to be...

I was just going to mention that light blurring out details in the interior, wish we could have seen it all, but I was really hoping it would be a bathroom :sceptic: . Now my Simpsons figures will be filthy all over!

The light only blurs Maggie's crib, and there's a close up on the box anyway. And there's one bathroom between Lisa and the parents room. Though the close-up picture above the room only shows a sink and toilet, no bathtub, so indeed the Simpsons will be filthy all over :wink: . Still Marge and Homer's bathroom is gone and replaced by Maggie's crib. So instead of two bathrooms we have at least one.

Dear Carlos, may I use your fotos for an article? This is so fantastic news!! Cheers, susba

Sure!!

As someone said to me on twitter....I'm gettin (internet) famous thanks to those pictures LOL

Edited by Carlos S

Now in Belgian newspapers (& 9gag) too Carlos.

Has your source already built the house?