peter_m

41999 from shop.lego.com - problems, concerns, questions, answers

I don't know if other countries have this incentive, but for US LEGO shoppers, online or in store, when your purchase reaches a certain amount, you will get a free small LEGO set in a bag. This is the polybag everybody's talking about. The problem with the polybag in this case is that it's packaged together with the fancy 41999 box, which due to the weight of the box sitting on the hard edge of LEGO bricks in the poloy, creates indentation on the surface of the 41999 during transit to the buyer.

My 41999 arrived today with a hotdog cart. Handlebar from a bike punctured 3 holes through the box. I was pretty pissed. Luckily, my local store had several 41999 sitting around so they exchanged it.

I don't see how a small handle bar can make holes in cardboard. I'm sorry for my confusion

WOW, Are u being serious?

Handle bar is like a pend, try poking it towards your skin and see if it leaves a little mark. Its just that simple...lol

I got an answer from CS were they apologize. But new info: The second batch should arrive tomorrow! Let's hope they ship them fast.

I was told that the batch should arrive sooner than August 22nd also. Lets hope that your CS is right!

Well what handle bar piece are you referring to?

The handlebar of the bicycle of the hot dog stand (July polybag) that early US shoppers got instead of the mini mech (August polybag). The mini mech's handlebar can lay flat within the bag, while the handlebar of a Lego bike is always perpendicular to the bike itself, making it prone to cause mentioned damage.

Too bad I could not place the order for this awesome 41999. The only way is to have someone in the US do this for me and ship the set to my country.

My 41999 arrived today with a hotdog cart. Handlebar from a bike punctured 3 holes through the box. I was pretty pissed. Luckily, my local store had several 41999 sitting around so they exchanged it.

Same issue here, the hot dog cart was packed under the box. The handle bars almost punctured the box. Luckily I had picked up another copy on Aug 1 at my local lego store just in case S@H ran out. Now i don't know what to do with my second copy....maybe keep for parts!

There seem to be (41)999 problems with this set. I am Lucky I got one! :wink:

The mini mech arrived separately two days ago...

I'm worried that they'll run out of these before I can get one. How grounded in reality is this fear?

I ordered my 41999 on Sunday night 8/3 around 11:00pm. I got the "In Procress" status initially, then changed to "Backorder" status on Monday. On the morning of Tuesday 8/6, it changed to shipped. Today, Thursday 8/8 , I received my 41999. I am sorry and sympathized for you guys to go thru all the trouble.

Now, I wonder what my number is. It might be 00001.

The London westfield store still had half a dozen on display yesterday.

Too bad I could not place the order for this awesome 41999. The only way is to have someone in the US do this for me and ship the set to my country.

That was the same problem I had when S&H decide not o use third party shipping vendor any more, something I discovered unfortunately when I ordered the 41999 during the night of july 31. Anyway, here is the update of my case: after the second cancelation because of the same shipping issue, I wrote to CS an email and they told me if I can provide a residential address they will be glad to generate a new order for me. So I spend the entire weekend looking for any relative in Miami who can help me with this.

Well, one of my best friend who also use the same shipping service as me, told me that he have a friend who was able to help me as well (he help my best friend with similar issues before)... and he live 2 blocks from the shipping facility!!! So I contact CS on monday and explain the situation for the third time. They check the address and the representative told me that the new address can be used, so they create a new order.

Due to all the problems I face with this purchase I opted to add the 42009 as well (I was planning to get it in September... but with all the issues with the 41999, I decide to do what I normally do with technic flagship: close my eyes, don't think about it and pass the credit card...). So at the end I finish with a order were the 41999 was in backorder and the 42009, the hot dog cart, the minimech and the Minifigure Wedding Favor Set (For my 10 years wedding anniversary) in "Customer Services" status.

Now, on august 6, the status of the order change to "In Process"... but for my surprise (and pleasure as well) THE 41999 WAS "IN PROCESS" AS WELL!!! All the goodies were shipped together the next day and today the 20lbs package arrive at the my best friend's friend house!!!

Anyway I'm still need to wait more and less 10 days to have them on my hands... but at least they will arrive on time for my anniversary and I will have an 41999 on my own collection!!! :D

P.D.: Well, aparently it is true that the 'third time's a charm', and yes; I would like to have the plate 00001, 20000 or 09398!!! My only hope is to have the hod dog cart on the MKII crane shipping box instead of the 4x4 Limited Crawler...

Today arrived mine free one as one of the top 100 winners on the contest :sweet: :sweet: :thumbup: .

9466444780_aa94aee548_c.jpg

next year i'll partecipate the contest too XD

for now i only recived that useless MECH :hmpf_bad:

I talked to a nice lady from S@H CS. She sent me a FedEx shipping label to get the damaged set back to them for replacement. So much for this 41999-17104. I am back to zero 41999 sets. At least it's nice to know that LEGO stand behind their products and will take care of you when they screw up.

I am confident that the friendly scalpers from eBay and BL are ready to help, for a "small" premium. :devil: Ok, bad joke... :blush:

Which country are you in? If I end up with two sets after the dust settles (which for me could mean late November, since I am going on an extended business trip), I may be able to send you one. However, given all the uncertainties surrounding this set, you probably will be better off trying to find a friend of a friend in the USA before the backordered sets sell out.

My only hope is to have the hod dog cart on the MKII crane shipping box instead of the 4x4 Limited Crawler...

Congratulations on your 41999! I very much hope that S@H are aware by now of the unintended side effects of throwing the hot dog stand and the 41999 in the same shipping box and will do something to prevent the issue with your order.

next year i'll partecipate the contest too XD

Yeah if possible i'll do the same. Hopefully it'll involve a set that's not to expensive or one i can afford to get that year and not the year after as have been the case recently.

The London westfield store still had half a dozen on display yesterday.

If they're stocking stores with such quantities, I hope that means those of us with backorders will be successful

I think rm8 should have got the 00001 license plate

As the creator of the set, he should have got both 00001 and 20000 :laugh: