peter_m

41999 from shop.lego.com - problems, concerns, questions, answers

Mine has been delivered to Tasmania. Top 100 from Australia should arrive any time now if not already :p

First one here? There is hope! haha What delivery did you get?

So my freebie MiniMech arrived today.... in a big box!

I'm expecting it to be shipped by pouch but Lego is too kind to include 95% Billund air nicely packaged in two separate plastic bags :laugh:

So, I'm still waiting for the 41999.....

BTW, here's the pics

You should remove this picture!!!!!!!!!!! Think man!

Why?

edit: Ah, the address..

Edited by PsyKater

edit: Ah, the address..

Customer ID and/or order ID could potentially be used for fraudulent purposes as well.

First one here? There is hope! haha What delivery did you get?

opppss..sorry..now edited..

Well.

I`m not a technic fan at all (i bought one copy because it`s nice set), so it shouldn`t be my business but this whole action is just stupid.

I`m not against resellers either.

But it all ends in situation like this: We have hundreds of very happy resellers and probably thousands of sad or even angry true lego-fans who couldn`t get 41999 in this short time. And it`s sad and wrong that true lego fan can`t have this very nic set. Yes of course they cen buy it from ebay for double of it`s price.

Next release of special set like this (maybe not Technic maybe Castle) will end in dog fight.

I think that Lego should keep action like this but in the future they should publish some kind of a statement that if there will be very high demand for set like this they will launch another wave of 5 or 10 thousands. First wave will be limited with something special (posters, special plates, serial number ect) and another will be ordinary set.

PS. I think it should be talked with "lego oficcials" in ambasador forum.

PS2. Sorry for my poor English :)

Edited by kris kelvin

Well.

I`m not a technic fan at all (i bought one copy because it`s nice set), so it shouldn`t be my business but this whole action is just stupid.

I`m not against resellers either.

But it all ends in situation like this: We have hundreds of very happy resellers and probably thousands of sad or even angry true lego-fans who couldn`t get 41999 in this short time. And it`s sad and wrong that true lego fan can`t have this very nic set. Yes of course they cen buy it from ebay for double of it`s price.

Next release of special set like this (maybe not Technic maybe Castle) will end in dog fight.

I think that Lego should keep action like this but in the future they should publish some kind of a statement that if there will be very high demand for set like this they will launch another wave of 5 or 10 thousands. First wave will be limited with something special (posters, special plates, serial number ect) and another will be ordinary set.

PS. I think it should be talked with "lego oficcials" in ambasador forum.

PS2. Sorry for my poor English :)

We've had an ordinary like this - and it was 9398.

Available again @ German online store :) Seems they sorted out again some orders... Everybody who still wants one should hurry up... I think about 2 weeks was enough time for every real fan to grab one :)

EDIT: Again sold out... I would keep refreshing the lego s@h pages if you still want one..

Edited by TheShortOfIt

My online order has now moved from backordered, to customer service, i confirmed my address details this morning and now it is "In Process". It has never said in process since 1st August. So looks like they are still shipping units.

Well... Min was cancelled.

The order status was changed to "Please Contact Customer Service". I got no notification of this...

I emailed and was told to call. I was unable to get hold of them because landlines are basically extinct in my family and closer friends.

When I contacted them about this I got no reply.

Today I realized I could try the U.S. number through Skype but my order was cancelled because I did not contact the in time.

Needless to say the 41999 is sold out. I won't get one and I certainly won't shop at a store that treats me this way again.

Sad. I really like LEGO, and was looking to start going exclusives.

Well... Min was cancelled.

The order status was changed to "Please Contact Customer Service". I got no notification of this...

I emailed and was told to call. I was unable to get hold of them because landlines are basically extinct in my family and closer friends.

When I contacted them about this I got no reply.

Today I realized I could try the U.S. number through Skype but my order was cancelled because I did not contact the in time.

Needless to say the 41999 is sold out. I won't get one and I certainly won't shop at a store that treats me this way again.

Sad. I really like LEGO, and was looking to start going exclusives.

Not sure whether you did get a hold of them via phone, but if not, I would definitely try to call them and explain the situation. They will probably have some models in reserve.

Why do you need a landline to call Lego btw?

Edited by Gekke Ted

Why do you need a landline to call Lego btw?

I wonder this as well. I've called their European "freephone" number (00 800 ...) from my (Swedish) mobile twice without issues.

Edited by firetech

I wonder this as well. I've called their European "freephone" number (00 800 ...) from my (Swedish) mobile twice without issues.

Not working on Tre.

from "Sold Out" to also available again in S@H Suisse..with the same ship date as the others, 19 September 2013.

Better to grab this opportunity than getting it in egay for twice the price

So my freebie MiniMech arrived today.... in a big box!

I'm expecting it to be shipped by pouch but Lego is too kind to include 95% Billund air nicely packaged in two separate plastic bags :laugh:

So, I'm still waiting for the 41999.....

BTW, here's the pics

120820131023_zps228c4a2c.jpg

Mine came in a cheap little envelope. I don't know why you got a box!

If you see the sets on bricklink, boycott those sellers, or better yet make a list of them here. Because it is very wrong to do this type of business.

Sadly, a boycot from a handful of Eurobrick readers won't make much of a difference. BL order history shows that the set is selling like hot cakes and the average sale price is climbing (currently $383 avg with the maximum price reaching $498). Apparently, the perceived value of this set is currently at about 2x retail price, and there isn't much we can do to change this. I can't believe it that people are paying such money for it, but it's a fact. Also shocking to see a handful of sellers asking $1000-3722 http://www.bricklink...G.asp?S=41999-1

Edit: Yikes! There is one guy sitting on 5 copies of the set and asking 1400 EUR for each. Oh, the humanity! http://www.bricklink...itemID=46908690 :angry:

Edited by DrFrankenstein

Just as a point of reference, I did not order on the first day. I ordered one on the 3rd once I finally made up my mind and another one on the 5th. Both have been delivered on Saturday.

This leaves me wondering how some people have not yet received their first-day orders. Pure luck on my part? (It did say delivery expected on Aug 22nd/Sept 5th respectively at the time of the orders)

Just as a point of reference, I did not order on the first day. I ordered one on the 3rd once I finally made up my mind and another one on the 5th. Both have been delivered on Saturday.

This leaves me wondering how some people have not yet received their first-day orders. Pure luck on my part? (It did say delivery expected on Aug 22nd/Sept 5th respectively at the time of the orders)

Yes I'm also wondering that too! :( Mine still in process.....

Interestingly, the german S@H now says to call to inquire about the current availability. Maybe they realized the constant back-and-forth wasn't helping anyone.

Edit: Back to "Not available". So much for my back-and-forth theory…

Edited by jtl

A question to those of you who already got it and paid with credit card.

Do they charge the card same day as the ship it or charged a few days later?

Edited by mssm

A question to those of you who already got it and paid with credit card.

Do they charge the card same day as the ship it or charged a few days later?

They might charge it the same day, but it will be processed later.

I already got my Crawler and I do not see any charges on my creditcard. However, I am not sure where the delay comes from (TLG, bank, Mastercard).