Brickdoctor

Shadows of Nar Eurbrikka — Avenger (Imperial Headquarters)

Moin moin like we say in Germany,

After Disco86 and markus 1984 they have joined the empire and we often talk about SoNE, i will join the empire now.

But first i have to read the rules and sort my bricks. I try to show my frist freebuild in June. Greets.

Edited by Gerechtigkeitsliga

Remember those renders I posted of those minifigs with decorations? I've made a little tutorial about how to do it. At the end, you can find the decorations I designed. Hope you find it useful and that I'll see lots of stormies and tie-ies crawling around on your digital builds!

@Lord Tyrus: I believe so, yes. :-)

@BEAVeR: Great work on those minifigs by the way!

@Lord Tyrus: I believe so, yes. :-)

@BEAVeR: Great work on those minifigs by the way!

Aha, that's good to know, I've got an idea...

Ahem. Commented in the wrong topic. I will not be banned from SoNE, I hope?

It will not happen again.

Edited by TWP

Ahem. Commented in the wrong topic. I will not be banned from SoNE, I hope?

It will not happen again.

Yep, you're banned. :wink:

Also, I've been working on my entry, and have a pretty good base. However, for the space in the middle, I'm not sure what I should build, though it will probably be a leg on the landing pad or at least part of the bunker. And thoughts or opinions? (I'm using a 32 x 32 baseplate for my build which is on Endor, obviously. :classic:)

Edited by Lego Spy

Hi, I'm fairly new to SONE, even though I have been watching earnestly throughout the forum.

Based on the guidelines of Episode V, I have already created a build, using 4x32x32 green baseplates, number of MOC trees, imps and a scenario to go by. At this time, it is still WIP - 90% complete, lacking some final work on rocks, and most importantly a good day to take pictures on. I have a sketchy pic at the moment.

I read that I need to create a profile to which XP can be gained, and select a faction (which is easy - Imperials all the way!).

Like to know if there are any pointers anyone can help, to usher in a newbie, in terms of limitations of SONE build.

For example,

1) How big can it be? is there a size limitation?

2) Can it be ONLY one scene, or can it be made with 2-3 evolving scenes, around pretty much the same backdrop/build, in order to tell a story?

3) Does it have to be canon? To illustrate, I may want to tell a story that this was the original shield generator (site) before it got blasted by Ewoks. Episode VI was the 2nd generator :)

4) Can I make up a fictional hero to save the day? (seems to be encouraged)

5) Can an official set be used? For example, I have an AT-ST from 8038/7657 which I want to incorporate into a scene. Can I use that, or do I have to completely create a MOC?

Thanks in advance.

Hi and welcome to the better side! Let me get those for you:

1) The size is not limited if it does not say in the episode rules. It all depends on how much time / bricks you have at your disposal, but bare in mind that bigger MOCs are not always better ...

2) There's plenty of freebuilds and also episode MOCs that tell the story from different areas which are built into one MOC. If evolving is meant to change the scene like 1st you have the trees and then all the trees are fallen, I think it's more like 2 different MOCs which I think is not OK, but let the staff answer you this one.

3) We're trying to be as canon as possible. Since it doesn't say exactly what time this episode is happening, it's possible to go with your story.

4) Well I think that's the whole idea - it should be your character, though there are slight limitations since we're not allowed to be the force sensitive ...

5) I guess there's no problem with that, but the set itself will not count in the judging process.

Can I join the empire? I would more than happy to crush the rebel scum!

Great to have you onboard! The more the merrier!

Welcome to the Empire new recruits !

I have finished my next build, the Invasion Preparation. Just not sure if I want it to be my Episode-Build or just a freebuild. Gonna decide within one week.

Welcome to the Empire new recruits !

I have finished my next build, the Invasion Preparation. Just not sure if I want it to be my Episode-Build or just a freebuild. Gonna decide within one week.

Your builds have been great, and a good inspiration to go by, coupled with an engaging story. I personally would look towards your builds to obtain ideas and inspiration for future builds.

since I already "attacked" goatman

You and Bob's opinions were nothing but constructive criticism and I believe my new build will be better for it. I hope nobody feels like they need to mince words when commenting on my builds.