Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2014 Pictures and Rumors

Guys, it's clearly Emmet in his Luke skywalker costume.

But seriously I beyond what we as afols think of the fig, I can't imagine an eight year old saying ooo oo I want that 10+ year old version of Luke that goes with nothing released in the last decade. Whose there target consumer for thos

Guys, it's clearly Emmet in his Luke skywalker costume.

But seriously I beyond what we as afols think of the fig, I can't imagine an eight year old saying ooo oo I want that 10+ year old version of Luke that goes with nothing released in the last decade. Whose there target consumer for thos

What 8 year old is gonna walk into Barnes and noble and say "ooohhhh, look at that book..... Oh wait, there's an old Star Wars figure as the exclusive, so I'm not gonna get it." Really? Kids don't CARE about the figure, to them it's just another person to attack their sisters doll with. They want the book, not the figure.

Kids don't CARE about the figure, to them it's just another person to attack their sisters doll with. They want the book, not the figure.

Says you. I only wanted the book for the figure. Now LEGO loses a sale because of the figure choice. I want the other books for the figs too. So you can't say what kids do or do not want. What anyone wants for that matter. AFOLs and TFOLs included.

Edited by korpen4444

What 8 year old is gonna walk into Barnes and noble and say "ooohhhh, look at that book..... Oh wait, there's an old Star Wars figure as the exclusive, so I'm not gonna get it." Really? Kids don't CARE about the figure, to them it's just another person to attack their sisters doll with. They want the book, not the figure.

I think you might be misjudging kids.

I think you might be misjudging kids.

Actually I think kids would get the set for the figures and not the set xD

Says you. I only wanted the book for the figure. Now LEGO loses a sale because of the figure choice. I want the other books for the figs too. So you can't say what kids do or do not want. What anyone wants for that matter. AFOLs and TFOLs included.

Really? So you mean to tell me that a 7 or 8 year old kid's parents will let him buy a $20 book JUST for the figure? Maybe they don't like the figure, but that doesn't mean they won't buy the book...

Really? So you mean to tell me that a 7 or 8 year old kid's parents will let him buy a $20 book JUST for the figure? Maybe they don't like the figure, but that doesn't mean they won't buy the book...

Dude, I spent $26 on the BM book just for the CW style Clone. Kids will do the same.

That's silly. I have bought all the similar books on Amazon just for their low prices. This updated version will also go on sale sooner or later. I look forward to it although I am not excited about the figure.

Will probable be able to get this for $10 - $12 before too long.

I wouldn't have bought the books I have if they hadn't come with interesting minifigs.

So you can't say what kids do or do not want. What anyone wants for that matter. AFOLs and TFOLs included.

Dude, I spent $26 on the BM book just for the CW style Clone. Kids will do the same.

I'm sorry, but that's a mighty huge generalization considering that you just criticized another member for doing the same thing, only for the opposing viewpoint.

Personally, I agree that while the figure is a nice throwback, it is not really a needed throwback. But I'll still be buying the book because, you know, pictures are fun and whatnot. :wink:

Just saying guys, we arn't the target audience ! It's for kids, so they can only dream about such a collection of figs !!! And I only have to look at my collection display !!! :devil: .

The fact that it's targeted for kids makes it worse. It would look so out of place in their collection of flesh-toned figures; kids would not want it considering it looks very old and lacks detail to them. Clearly this is just to get the older crowd nostalgic and buy the book.

Not to be rude but it should be pretty obvious that the answer is yes. If kids would buy lego books for the book itself, why would lego include an exclusive minifigure for almost each of them. Go to your local Target and you'll see the part with the minifigure is open and the figure has been taken out, showing that people won't even get the book for the figure.

Edited by Darth Nader

Even though I already have it, yellow original Luke is awesome enough that I kind of want to buy the book now. :wub: Retro version of the original hero: it's the perfect choice for an exclusive minifig in a book that's all about minifigs.

Sandcrawler looks amazing imo! Also of note, an official "ultimate collector series" emblem on the box to quell any debate, and what appears to be a premium instruction manual.

As someone who used to be a kid I can say I'd care. And I never attacked my sister's dolls with my stuff. I'd want the figure, not the book when I was a kid. But even then I wouldn't want this figure because it's old style and fits with nothing.

Sandcrawler looks amazing imo! Also of note, an official "ultimate collector series" emblem on the box to quell any debate, and what appears to be a premium instruction manual.

Premium instruction manual? Link please?

I'm loving the look of the Sandcrawler and its boxart, but I'm quite sad that this is way out of my pricing range, just like the last one was. It's a shame, because I really like the model itself and really wanted to get some Jawas. No doubt if I resort to the secondary market they will end up being ridiculously expensive.

Lol @ that going for $300 dollars. LEGO is really starting to rip people off. And no homestead? Come on man.

300 dollar for an 3200 piece set is pretty good, especially if it's a star wars set. I remember the death star with minifigs was 400 euros, for only 3800 pieces.

I'm not really into the price per piece thing, for $300 dollars they could at least throw in some sleeping quarters, maybe a dining area, its supposed to be a home on wheels. Or at least include some part of the homestead.

300 dollar for an 3200 piece set is pretty good, especially if it's a star wars set. I remember the death star with minifigs was 400 euros, for only 3800 pieces.

If you ignore the tank treads, it's more like 300 for a 2800 piece set.

If this is UCS then I'm forced to buy it, but it's had better come with the display sticker that describes the set.

Whoa :wub:

Everything looks so... shiny in that set! But it's $300, so I probably won't get.

-Sci