Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2014 Pictures and Rumors

Waiting for the U.S.A... :wink:

I really hope it isn't like 2012 when all the sets were released on January 31. :look:

No new SW sets at my local Lego store. In general, the place looked like they were still reeling from the post-Christmas aftermath...

Most of the sets are up on the Australian lego S@H section, ordered a few of them, being the Droid Tri-fighter, AV-7 cannon and the Coruscant police dropship. Wonder how long until the hit bricks and mortar stores here.

I just received my copy of the January 2014 Catalog and it has absolutely no mention of any 2014 set including the Microfighters. They have also neglected several other themes including half of the DC Super Heroes line, Chima, and Hero Factory. This only leads me to conclude that Lego is holding off all of these releases for March for the United States and Canada. This conclusion is based off a review of a 2014 Hero Factory set I read that said that the Hero Factory line would no see a release until March, in fact it was on Eurobricks if you want to read it. Since Star Wars is commonly grouped with both Chima and Hero Factory in terms of release, it is a safe assumption that March is the ideal time we will be seeing these sets this year. This is not the only strange thing we have seen thus far. May I mention that we have sen no rumor list of the summer sets yet when the latest we would have seen them would have been three weeks ago. Sorry for this disappointing update. :angry::cry_sad::thumbdown:

Note that the use of the names of other themes is for my reasoning on this matter and don't shoot the messenger.

Edited by LegoBari31

I just received my copy of the January 2014 Catalog and it has absolutely no mention of any 2014 set including the Microfighters. Since Star Wars is commonly grouped with both Chima and Hero Factory in terms of release, it is a safe assumption that March is the ideal time we will be seeing these sets this year.

Lego better not. Aw hell no they better not! :angry:

If there not released on the 1st of January with everything else, then its gonna be the end of the month (and probably Toysrus is gonna get it two weeks eariler), this same thing happened in 2012, I wouldnt be surprised.

But I'm 100% positive they'll be released before January 31st (if not on it)

Also, my LEGO store manager told me the new sets would be arriving in early January (no specific date)

I know most of the new SW sets were in stock at my store in Liverpool before Christmas but waited until Boxing Day before hitting the shelves. I'm popping back in shortly with my daughter and I'll see how much of the range is in. Sandcrawler is apparently due on 1st March and I know they're holding off some of the items in ranges for that date (as a member if staff told me). They had the OT sets though so I was happy.

Is there any news on the Summer sets for 2014? I haven't been here in a few weeks so I don't know if I have missed anything.

If there not released on the 1st of January with everything else, then its gonna be the end of the month (and probably Toysrus is gonna get it two weeks eariler), this same thing happened in 2012, I wouldnt be surprised.

But I'm 100% positive they'll be released before January 31st (if not on it)

Also, my LEGO store manager told me the new sets would be arriving in early January (no specific date)

There is something off about this because Lego would have told us via their website or catalog that these sets are coming out late just like they did for the winter wave of 2012 and the summer wave of 2013. They informed us about a month before they were released. Thus far we have received nothing, though the majority of markets in Europe have had these sets for sale for weeks, again fitting this pattern. I am starting to think that we all should have taken the first bit of information of the AT-AP from Comic-Con more seriously.

Is there any news on the Summer sets for 2014? I haven't been here in a few weeks so I don't know if I have missed anything.

No news on the Summer sets thus far. I am starting to believe it would be very light. Lego probably expected to release Episode VII sets in the summer wave of next year until the movie was delayed to December. That puts Lego with a wave of air space in which they most likely have nothing for. They are mostly likely spreading would three waves worth of sets into four waves. That might explain the amount of sets this wave because Lego was trying to release the remaining sets they wanted to and introduce the Rebels line at the same time. Either the next wave is going to be purely Rebels, with explains how secretive the Lego group is about leaking anything about this, or is going to be a few larger sets. Of course their will be an Advent Calendar. Those things sell like hot cakes. Episode III is the most likely theme of the next calendar.

Edited by LegoBari31

As long as those rumors of some kind of ATAT are true I'll be happy, I only have the original, and while it looks great I can't help but want an updated one.

Side notee, is this Rebels show going to have distorted looking figs like clone wars? I want to buy the old Tantive ship, but not if a new one may come out for the rebels theme, (which seems a likely possibility) But, if it were to be filled with all distorted figs then I'll buy the old one,

I know most of the new SW sets were in stock at my store in Liverpool before Christmas but waited until Boxing Day before hitting the shelves. I'm popping back in shortly with my daughter and I'll see how much of the range is in. Sandcrawler is apparently due on 1st March and I know they're holding off some of the items in ranges for that date (as a member if staff told me). They had the OT sets though so I was happy.

Sandcrawler? It's coming out on the 1st of March? Strange, Star Wars D2C sets don't usually come out until May, June, or fall.

Hmm. A new sandcrawler? Would any of you advise selling the old one since I have it, or have re-makes never caused figures or older versions of sets to lose value?

Sandcrawler? It's coming out on the 1st of March? Strange, Star Wars D2C sets don't usually come out until May, June, or fall.

This is just from a chat with a member of staff who said he's seen the prelims and the box art for the Sandcrawler. I asked about the release of some other sets from different themes (Super Heroes etc) and he thought they've be out later in the year and mentioned the Sandcrawler with a March date... he could be off on that but I was quite interested to know that prelims are circulating to staff so it seems quite a bit along in the process.

Hmm. A new sandcrawler? Would any of you advise selling the old one since I have it, or have re-makes never caused figures or older versions of sets to lose value?

I would sell it. Prices for figs don´t go down by much even when it is a huge step forward like with Ewoks and Jango Fett but the new one sounds like a huge improvement. Far larger build and probably much better designs for the junk droids seeing how many new parts were released since 2005 that could be helpful. R5 alone with the no-effort unprinted dome plus tan 2x2 plate will get the new astromech head with ultra detailed printing.

If you like the vehicle just sell the old version (goes for 120 to 180€/Pound with figs or 60 to 80 without on Ebay) and put the money forward to the improved version. I did the same with the Laaty last year and feels good.

My mate has some more video reviews:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=zmMQhEZ-d48

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=zl0NRfoaZMQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=UI5XJZ9DrW0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=KCEmOTSm-E0

I apologize for I know some of you do not care for video reviews, but you can turn the sound off.

As far as the new line is concerned, the BPs are quite alright and I am really impressed with the Police Gunship, and I am also digging the yellow fighter. This guy does not yet have the droid vehicles, or the microfighters, but I will post as soon as he makes videos for them.

Using a giftcard and cash I purchased the Jedi interceptor and V-wing on Thursday at the Stratford Lego store. This morning I exchanged the v-wing for the grevious bike and both are great! I first planned to buy some older sets but the prices are high so I'm starting here