Itaria No Shintaku

The LEGO Movie Sets News and Discussion

They're lies. Just like the Purple Ninja named Finn in Ninjago season 4.

-Sci

######! I'm never looking at IMDB again! :angry:

You should have seen the elaborate attempts that kid in CM4S' quote made to make them seem real. If I remember right there was something about robotic PWR Armor (worn casually by the Ninja), and Nya and Jay's marriage (and children nearly an "episode" after). This person also had Lord Garmadon as the main villain throughout the entirety of Season 2 (no Overlord. The Season was also classified as "Season 3" even though there were only two seasons with a pilot episode and six shorts preceding them).

Outrageous child/early teen fanon knows no bounds. I cannot enjoy fansites for MLP or Sonic the Hedgehog due their outrageous prominence.

Back on topic here.

You can only trust news from viable sources, set images and movie/video game footage. And here is hoping that the usual preliminary set list that appears around this time every year will shed some light, leading to the eventual preliminary images that will appear in mid-/late-September.

Edited by Penkid11

You should have seen the elaborate attempts that kid in CM4S' quote made to make them seem real. If I remember right there was something about robotic PWR Armor (worn casually by the Ninja), and Nya and Jay's marriage (and children nearly an "episode" after). This person also had Lord Garmadon as the main villain throughout the entirety of Season 2 (no Overlord. The Season was also classified as "Season 3" even though there were only two seasons with a pilot episode and six shorts preceding them).

Outrageous child/early teen fanon knows no bounds. I cannot enjoy fansites for MLP or Sonic the Hedgehog due their outrageous prominence.

Back on topic here.

You can only trust news from viable sources, set images and movie/video game footage. And here is hoping that the usual preliminary set list that appears around this time every year will shed some light, leading to the eventual preliminary images that will appear in mid-/late-September.

I don't get what you mean about MLP and especially Sonic. :wacko:

-Sci

I don't get what you mean about MLP and especially Sonic. :wacko:

Let's stay focused on talking about the LEGO side of things please guys.

^Agreed.

Honest Abe is the perfect name for a minifig of the 16th US President because it fits LEGO's roundabout "let's not offend anyone or infringe upon anything, but let's make it sound cute but not too weird" naming style.

Honest Abe is the perfect name for a minifig of the 16th US President because it fits LEGO's roundabout "let's not offend anyone or infringe upon anything, but let's make it sound cute but not too weird" naming style.

I think Grandma Visitor sounds creepy and awkward. :grin:

Has anybody leaked any set names from the store catalogues yet?

Nope, seems like they're keeping it under-wraps to avoid spoiling the movie.

The Season was also classified as "Season 3" even though there were only two seasons with a pilot episode and six shorts preceding them).

To be fair, this is a genuine point of contention. Pretty much all the people developing the Ninjago series refer to the pilot as Season 1, the next 13 episodes as Season 2, and the most recent 13 episodes as Season 3. Cartoon Network and Warner Home Video take a different approach with good reason, because I think a lot of people would feel cheated if they paid for a "Season 1" DVD and got a grand total of two episodes.

Anyway, yeah, IMDB is unreliable when it comes to this kind of thing. Generally when it comes to future products or media, I don't trust wikis or other user-generated sources unless they can cite a non-user-generated source where their information came from.

Love the new Police sets!!!! :-) I really hope we see this Style Cop but with a Human Head in the CMF minifigure line, would be awesome! :-)

I think this theme could potentially prove to be one of the more interesting themes next year. I am liking what I am seeing so far. It has a lot of good potential. I am very curious how throwbacks and easter eggs are going to be handled in the sets. That is a lot of sets plus a whole series of Minifigures, which hopefully are packed with great stuff.

The press release said 17 sets. Have they changed the number?

If it's from the January catalog, those are probably only the ones coming in January.

The press release said 17 sets. Have they changed the number?

Likely I miscounted, could have been 12 in the catalogue, plus there will always be polybags/promo and limited edition sets which they omit from the general retailers catalogues.

I'm guessing it'll have a variety of sets touching upon all sorts of things LEGO has done at various times - many of which fall into some of the various theme categories EB uses (historical, sci-fi, pirates, etc.), and that most of the forums here will therefore get some sets they're excited about (while probably the entire line will qualify for "Action Themes").

I'm looking forward to seeing the movie itself and the sets it brings us. I think this will be a rare theme that offers something for nearly everyone here.

In the Rebrick animation contest allowed themes were City, Space, Pirates, Western, Vikings, Dino, Castle, Pharaoh’s Quest, Adventurers, Atlantis, Ninjago, and Power Miners. So I think we can expect almost anything (but not everything). Some curious recent themes MIA from the list are Monster Fighters and Chima.

I'm pretty sure we can expect at least one set from Castle, Pirates, Western and Space each, though it remains to be seen how "pure" they will be thematically. I suspect the modern action angle will permeate all sets in some varying capacity. At least it seems from what we've seen thus far that the main characters will remain in same clothes through the themes?

Yep... I have a really strong hunch that we're going to get some sort of Classic Space set with modern aesthetics and building techniques. Could be really strong-- I'd love to see them do the same for Castle.

Assuming the movie creators have poured similar amounts of enthusiasm into designing the sets that we would have done given the chance, this could be one of the most exciting ranges for 2014 offering something for everyone. A bit of nostalgia for the "older fans" like me, some good sets for the younger ones, and the chance for people with different lego interests to dip into the range. For example, I'm really keen on the set we've seen because of the use you can make of that police vehicle and figures in Batman (swap the robot heads for fleshies and you have a fantastic Gotham PD SWAT team), and my kids are just as keen on the bike and the figures on it. If they mix that sort of set with some modernised takes on iconic lines it'll be fantastic - it would be like having those creations you made/make as a kid where spacemen land on a knights' planet or whatever but them being structually sound and really well designed with enough of the right parts. I can't wait!

I would be TOO happy if they released stuff like pirates or classic castle or classic space back, maybe in a new shape... but I actually think it's not going to happen.

The first set we had a glimpse on, in fact, doesn't help thinking this way. Maybe old characters can have something like a cameo, but ENTIRE sets from their theme? No sorry, I hope with all my heart to be proven wrong, but I actually believe those sets will be all new stuff. IMHO they will at their best look like:

6494-1.jpg?0

or

6493-1.jpg?0

Just my 2p, of course.