just2good

Super Heroes 2014 Rumors & Discussion

Does anyone think the Avengers Tower could be a D2C?

I was just thinking about this last night. Considering the fact that Marvel is trying to avoid doing too much x-men stuff, it's possible they may skip the x-mansion and do the tower instead :(

Edited by Marvelfan120

Yes I do

*sigh*

This place is depressing with all these baseless fears. The worst in recent years where Lego was just reusing a mould that only vaguely looked like what it was supposed to be were Clone Trooper Phase 1 pilot helmets and Riddlers cane. They did a bunch of new moulds for Big Guy Goblin so why half-megablocks the Hulkbuster then?

Well, GotG sets are more likely due to the whole FF disaster discussed a few pages back.

On that matter, my german store catalogue says that all GOTG stuff is available "for a short time". How long will the stuff be available? Only half a year like the last waves of Galaxy Squad and Agents 2.0?

I don't think this is a possibility due to the sheer size of the thing. Isn't there a CUUSOO Lego Ideas Helicarrier project that is like 5000 pieces? The closest I can see is another Hulk's Helicarrier Breakout type set.

Ever saw the Star Wars cruisers that in the stories are 30 kilometers long but then get made into a 100$ set? If anything the problem would be that there probably won´t be a prominent helicarrier in the movies anymore, Avengers 1 would have been the perfect time for one and Cap 2 maybe too but is Shield even using them in universe now?

My Marvel wishlist for 2015 is...

• 4 Avengers: Age of Ultron sets
  • 2 Ultimate Spider-man sets
  • 2 Ant-man sets
  • 2 X-Men sets

Really? This is what we have come to? Wishing for vague subthemes instead of sets or figures? Well, I guess that´s what is happening when there are so few sets, most of the time not in any way related to the source material and when we don´t even know the cast list.

Hmmm...a brickbuilt vs. Bigfig Hulkbuster. Is it too much to ask for both? How about a base Hulkbuster Bigfig body that has studs to attach Lego-fied Stark armor?

That sounds even worse and more complicated than the other two options, in the end it would just lead to a big fig with even more stupid attachments that might as well have been printed. Brickbuilt is better for the look and manufacturing since the big fig would need gold printing on many places to not look like unfinished crap and brickbuilt you could just decide this for yourself.

Maybe the new Hulk would have a removable head like Mungus? The Hulkbuster might be like the Sentinel. Another purple-pants Hulk, but with the logo now, too? And Black Widow should be interesting. Does anyone think the Avengers Tower could be a D2C?

It was a really bad idea to make Hulk and USM Goblin into these action figures and then putting those in the Marvel game. It was okay with LOTR/Castle trolls since they were not human but all these big guys in superhero stories are normal people, just bigger, so it should have been a regular minifig, just with bigger dimensions, maybe even brickbuilt with basic bricks and some joints.

I would hope for some re-engineering of the big fig moulds and concept so that Lego could give us more characters with less hesitation and problems and giving us an actual choice in customization. Removable heads and hair would be a start, the heads a bit bigger but using the same stud connections as all other Lego so you could for use the same dome part for the head of a Juggernaut big fig and a brickbuilt Hulkbuster. Moveable legs would be really important in my opinion and making the torsos a bit more generic so you could for example use the same torso for Hulk, Juggernaut, Rhino, Venom and some more but just in different colors and prints.

Of course this won´t happen anyway, the only reason they made Mammoth Dude from Chima with a minifig head was because it would have been impossible to mould and print it if it all were one part.

Black Widow sounds like they already did her fig in the first Quinjet set with all these blue accent lines instead of just making it a black jumpsuit.

Avengers Tower could very well be possible, in the vein of the Star Wars playsets with a chibi Quinjet. I would hope for something that still looks good when placing it next to Modular Houses but I guess that would cost 400$ and upwards so it´s not really something I would consider to buy unless they put every single figure of the regular Avengers sets in and the regular Avengers sets all have crap designs. A Hulk Helicarrier style stage playset to use as a parts pack to build your own would be preferable, hopefully with a dozen trans blue panels for some really good looking translucent Stark computers.

In the same article

"Iron Man will reportedly wear his Mark 43 suit in Avengers: Age of Ultron, which will have the circular core shape favored by Joss Whedon, with less gold on it than his suit in Iron Man 3, but more than in Marvel's The Avengers. Tony Stark will also wear the Mark 44 suit known as The Hulkbuster, which was revealed in concept art images released back in March."

Obviously we'll see a new Iron Man minifig, but could we also be getting a hulkbuster? :D

I know I am drifting quite off-topic right now, but maybe we see the design for the new Iron Man fig right here:

eXxJVZu.jpg

Why is he wearing sweatpants? That has to be a set photo. But the differences need some sort of explanation. Maybe Stark is obsessive and can't get the right look?

Why is he wearing sweatpants? That has to be a set photo. But the differences need some sort of explanation. Maybe Stark is obsessive and can't get the right look?

They do CGI for the bottom and for the majority of the suit.

I have been wondering why the Necrocraft in the Milano set looked so weird ,so I looked up pictures and this is how it looks

GOTG-Necrocraft-2.jpg

it looks like its some kind of nest/pod fighter since Sakaaran are bug people.

Here are my predictions for avengers sets. We will get five sets like the 2013 castle wave. We will get a small set with an avenger and two ultron drones. A $20 set with two avengers and quicksilver. A $30 set with two avengers and Ultron and scarlet witch. A $50 set with hulk, two avengers (maybe hulk buster), and ultron and ultron drone. And the last set would be a $100 set with vision and three avengers, ultron, two ultron drones.

Edited by amazingbricks

Here are my predictions for avengers sets. We will get five sets like the 2013 castle wave. We will get a small set with an avenger and two ultron drones. A $20 set with two avengers and quicksilver. A $30 set with two avengers and Ultron and scarlet witch. A $50 set with hulk, two avengers (maybe hulk buster), and ultron and ultron drone. And the last set would be a $100 set with vision and three avengers, ultron two ultron drones.

Yeah seeing how Lego does teams in sets. This seems likley. And sadly the whole Quicksilver and Scarley Witch being in seperate sets being seems likley, they did keep Merry qnd Pippen seperate!

Here are my predictions for avengers sets. We will get five sets like the 2013 castle wave. We will get a small set with an avenger and two ultron drones. A $20 set with two avengers and quicksilver. A $30 set with two avengers and Ultron and scarlet witch. A $50 set with hulk, two avengers (maybe hulk buster), and ultron and ultron drone. And the last set would be a $100 set with vision and three avengers, ultron two ultron drones.

That seems pretty realistic. Anyone have ideas for a polybag? I'm thinking an Ultron drone along with black widow. (An avenger they can make without using special molds)

Edited by TheLegoExperience

Out of curiousity, how long might it be until we see pics of the next wave of Superhero sets, whether they be DC or Marvel? I know we have SDCC coming up in July.

Out of curiousity, how long might it be until we see pics of the next wave of Superhero sets, whether they be DC or Marvel? I know we have SDCC coming up in July.

I remember last year the SDCC kicking it off the discussion about the next years sets. After that is usually when leaked photos and people selling the new minifigures prematurely on Ebay.

I'm not well versed in comic book backstory, but I thought the Hulkbuster armor was designed for Tony Stark/Iron Man to stop Hulk when he becomes too powerful. As in, Hulk doesn't wear the armor. It seems like a lot of people think he does, unless I'm confusing something.

With that said, I don't see any reason for it to be molded. I could easily see it being brick built mech style with Iron Man or Tony inside controlling it. Just the concept art alone showed how much bigger it was than Hulk, so having a molded figure be that size defeats the purpose of LEGO. Might as well go buy an action figure and place that next to your LEGO figures.

Edit: Keeping this in mind for what may to come with Avengers 2 sets, I should probably quit looking for a current purple pants Hulk since I will end up getting another one in a set next year. No reason to spend $20+ methinks.

Edited by TheLegoDr

Does anyone think the Avengers Tower could be a D2C?

I give it a 90% chance of being the first Marvel D2C. Similar size to Orthanc. It would be perfect since they could also include other Marvel characters. Ant-man or maybe another fan favorite Avenger like Moon Knight.

I posted this somewhere else, but I like what I wrote! Here's some of my personal speculation on 2015 LEGO Marvel...

I'd love to get another X-Men set or so, but besides a D2C X-Mansion (which would kick butt!), I doubt we will get any of those either. I think they'll just put out an X-Men set every two years. This makes sense as the next "big" X-Men movie will be out in 2016 (Apocalypse).

In terms of a January wave, we really don't need more than a few USM sets. Look at the Marvel 2013 sets. We had a wave in January (USM) and a wave in March (IM3). I think next year will be more similar to that, except with AoU and USM. Best part about having new USM sets is that it could be based on Web Warriors.

I think that while we will probably only get two waves of only AoU and USM next year, we'll get more sets than the two wave 2013. Instead of five sets, I'm sure we'll get around four for AoU and three of USM, just for Web Warriors.

Now, I really want Ant-Man, and while I think it's hard to make sets based on it, an interesting observation is if we do get four AoU sets and three USM (like I think we will), two Ant-Man sets would round out to nine sets for Marvel 2015, JUST like this year!

Rumor has it that LEGO can only do one MCU film a year without paying extra money, which would make sense. And, they've only had two waves of Marvel per year. Maybe, we could get AoU sets in March and then Ant-Man (the movie comes out in July) and USM:WW sets in June? Wouldn't that be cool! Hmm, now I'm getting excited. How about three Ant-Man sets (like GotG) and two USM:WW sets? Oooh. And then four AoU sets, just like the 2012 Avengers sets.

Edited by just2good

In regards to the Hulk Buster maybe they will do it like the Sentinel. I just got it and if you replace the purple and pink with red ( and get a new head print) you could have a serviceable Buster.

Man, I hate speculation. I just want to know what set we're getting for the 75th Anniversary of Batman.

Edited by Moon_Knight

Yeah, everyone and their hairdresser has their own speculation, I'm ready for concrete evidence on the next exclusive set at SDCC

I agree that confirmation of sets and stuff would be great but in the meantime this is a rumors and discussion thread right?

If I'm wrong please, moderators tell me...

I just think speculating is okay in the meantime...

Edited by Marvelfan120

In terms of a January wave, we really don't need more than a few USM sets. Look at the Marvel 2013 sets. We had a wave in January (USM) and a wave in March (IM3). I think next year will be more similar to that, except with AoU and USM. Best part about having new USM sets is that it could be based on Web Warriors.

For the sake of god, put any spider in the Web warriors sets exept this... THING:

77770-74389-spider-ham.jpg

SPIDER-HAM SPIDER-HAM DOES WHATEVER A PIG CAN!

Of all of the 1000000 spiderman's that excist in the Marvel Universe they come up with, A Spiderpig for a tv show

Simpsons anyone?

and then there's this:

Peter Porker was a spider that resided in May Porker's basement. She invented an atomic hairdryer and after using it, she went into a fit of hysteria and bit Peter. Peter ended up becoming an anthropomorphic pig like May, but retained his abilities as a spider

For the sake of god, put any spider in the Web warriors sets exept this... THING:

SPIDER-HAM SPIDER-HAM DOES WHATEVER A PIG CAN!

Of all of the 1000000 spiderman's that excist in the Marvel Universe they come up with, A Spiderpig for a tv show

Simpsons anyone?

and then there's this:

Peter Porker was a spider that resided in May Porker's basement. She invented an atomic hairdryer and after using it, she went into a fit of hysteria and bit Peter. Peter ended up becoming an anthropomorphic pig like May, but retained his abilities as a spider

I don't follow USM, but from what I have heard, it doesn't seem like it takes itself too seriously. I guess hammy characters like Squirrel Girl or Porker aren't for everyone, but I'm sure that kids will enjoy him. I actually find that bio amusing, myself. And if Spider-Ham does come in a set, it isn't like anyone would have to buy it; I think he is at least better than a henchman, guard, or another pajama Spidey.

And besides, pigs rock. :grin: Well, I think so anyway... :blush:

Edit: That reminds me. There is going to be a "Piggy Guy" in the next CMF line. Could there be a possible part reusage here?

Edited by Super Fish Oil

Well if anyone wants to wish for an SDCC exclusive then there it is!

Edited by Robianco

Spider-Ham would be a welcome addition to my collection! I loved the first few issues of the comic when I was a kid, so to see this in some form would be cool. Not, "$125 for a lousy SDCC exclusive" cool, but "$20 set with with another anthropomorphic villain like Magsquito (for reals)" cool.

Adding some of my thoughts on next year's lineup...

It looks like three is the standard for 'main focus' subthemes (IM3 for 2013, USM for Winter 2014, GOTG for Summer 2014), while 'lesser focus' subthemes get two (USM in 2013, AA in Winter 2014); of note is that both examples of lesser subthemes received one $20 set and one $50 set. 2012, the line's release, is the exception, wherein we received -four- sets for our main focus subtheme, The Avengers, and then one set each for a lesser subtheme - USM - and what I'll call a 'least focus' subtheme, X-Men. X-Men also received a single set this year, intended to coincide with DOFP.

Four AoU and three USM sounds like a good amount, and will be the most likely of our speculation here. However, it would seem odd that there would be two main focus subthemes during the first half of the year. That would mean that there would probably be only two USM sets out then. This might mean that USM will receive a $20 and a $50 again, which would be enough to give us the elusive White Tiger, and also provide us with at least one new Spider-Hero from the Web Warriors season.

If we get lucky and receive as many sets as we got this year, we'll have three more sets to go. This could mean a. one lesser focus and one least focus subtheme, or perhaps b. three least focus subthemes.

Going with option a., we might get two AA sets featuring Ant-Man and maybe a set to make up for a lack of Dark World and Winter Soldier characters. If LEGO gets a chance to obtain another Marvel movie license for next year, then we could then get two Ant-Man sets instead. Surely however, the least focus set will be for the Fantastic Four, in order to coincide with the film. A bit more about FF in a bit.

If we get option b., then we'll get an Ant-Man-centric set (probably AA because one set for a movie license is just a waste), an FF set and I'm thinking maybe another GOTG set to go with their new TV series.

I've been reading the talk about FF potentially not getting anything next year because Marvel intends to cancel their FF books and keep tie-in toys from reaching shelves, and I understand what this means for LEGO, but I don't think it'll keep us from getting a set with Marvel's first super family. DOFP did not actually get any merchandising this year, if you've noticed. It was stated somewhere (a Marvel writer's Twitter feed, I believe) that Disney/Marvel didn't want any toylines for the movie, like they don't want any for FF next year, but despite that, we got our X-Men set (and a line of comic-based action figures from Hasbro). This means that comic-based toys could still make it through to toy stores, and since LEGO can only make comic-based sets for non-MCU movies anyway, we're all good in that area.