just2good

Super Heroes 2014 Rumors & Discussion

I suppose rhino will use in the movie a mech suit instead his classic costume.

TLG is trending towards taking rather large liberties in its film tie-in sets (e.g. Iron Man 3, Lone Ranger) so I wouldn't discount a "classic" Rhino minifig.

Edited by Another Brick In The Wall

I would love a Ghost Rider set, but he's not kid friendly and i don't think so, unless a CUUSOO sets is accepted or it's a CC exclusive

I think the whole "Satanism" aspect of the character might work against any Lego sets more than the actual violence in the property. Ghost Rider came out of that weird period of 1970's Satanic/Horror books that even Marvel would kind of like to sort of forget these days. Alongside such other characters as "Son of Satan", "Satana", and the Man Thing book.

Also, how about a Whiplash (Ironman 2) or Iron Monger (Ironman 1) or maybe a Red Skull (Captain America) Do Lego have the rights to those movies?

Also, how about a Whiplash (Ironman 2) or Iron Monger (Ironman 1) or maybe a Red Skull (Captain America) Do Lego have the rights to those movies?

They do I'm pretty sure, any previosu lisences should have lost their rights to that by now.

I don't see why lego would make sets for old films though.

Well, some believe that Redford's character Alexander Pierce is secretly Aleksander Lunkin who is secertly or becomes the Red Skull.

[http://www.comicbook...a/news/?a=84233]

Edited by daniel gourhan22

TLG is trending towards taking rather large liberties in its film tie-in sets (e.g. Iron Man 3, Lone Ranger) so I wouldn't discount a "classic" Rhino minifig.

The character designs were only off for IM3, which is because LEGO is getting concept art that wasn´t completely decided on, Lone Ranger was fairly accurate.

And whatever parallel universe we talk about: they would only release a Comic Rhino when they wouldn´t have the merchandising rights for ASM2. And even then they would first try to make an USM Rhino set instead before tackling comic designs.

Can we expect anymore IM3 sets or MOS sets?

I would say, surely not. Hopefully the "break" in dc films, will mean more proper dc comics sets!

Now, I have come to you guys for help here- I have a question:

I'm 15 next year and love Lego, but some people laugh at me now for still collecting it- am I getting to old for it or not? Please answer honestly. Thank you anyway.

I'm 15 next year and love Lego, but some people laugh at me now for still collecting it- am I getting to old for it or not? Please answer honestly. Thank you anyway.

NO you are not and it does not matter what other people say, so what if its not 'what they like' forget it, just because a lot of teens don't do it doesn't make it wrong, in the end its ypu decision, but a little bit of advice don't follow everyone else do your own thing, believe me it helps. Hope I've helped you a bit ? :classic:

Be true to yourself. I collected LEGO from 13 to 18. I stopped as life got busy with college. I only got back into it at 38 You are not too old for it. I think if you start getting into MOCs people will see the creativity that it takes to design and build a stylish model.

I still kick myself for giving away my earlier sets as they are very sought after classics now.

On topic, I really hope we get Thor II sets. I had to buy Vikings sets long after they were released and I want the Asgard builds and styles from this movie. Licensed minifigs and the collectible minifigs have the best designs. I want an Odin, Sif, and Heimdall.

To be honest, I can't wait for 2015 sets. The new Avengers movie will have Ultron, and I'd love to see how LEGO design his head (if the movie resembles the classic Ultron).

The Batman/Superman movie will have some great new minifigures, hopefully Lex Luthor, and the Ant-Man movie might bring about a new helmet piece.

They do I'm pretty sure, any previosu lisences should have lost their rights to that by now.

I don't see why lego would make sets for old films though.

I think The merchandising rights to the prior movies has only just reverted to Disneys control. Plus there are rumors that some of the merchandising for the Fox Xmen and Sony Spider-Man movies may also be going through Disney. So we may start to see a surge from prior films hopefully

I think The merchandising rights to the prior movies has only just reverted to Disneys control. Plus there are rumors that some of the merchandising for the Fox Xmen and Sony Spider-Man movies may also be going through Disney. So we may start to see a surge from prior films hopefully

Just Sony. Fox isn't giving anything up.

-Omi

Be true to yourself. I collected LEGO from 13 to 18. I stopped as life got busy with college. I only got back into it at 38 You are not too old for it. I think if you start getting into MOCs people will see the creativity that it takes to design and build a stylish model.

I still kick myself for giving away my earlier sets as they are very sought after classics now.

Thank you for your advice. I'm gonna keep collecting then!

Can we expect anymore IM3 sets or MOS sets?

I would say, surely not. Hopefully the "break" in dc films, will mean more proper dc comics sets!

The Marvel line is already full enough with four other movies, a show and some X-Men set(s?).

DC could do it if they wanted, the Flash set on SDCC implies that they have no interest in expanding their line into full Justice League, otherwise they would have shown a set that better illustrates that point.

But what could they even do as a set for MOS? The action scenes were all covered. Battle of Smallville could be better with Nam-Ek (the big guy, for you), some soldiers and maybe the plane but the last two would be depending on LEGOs willingness to do further military figures.

Rumors are that LEGO is in negotiations for licenses of Fox properties.

No, most people see it as a toy, instead of a collectors item. I'm 14 and I have endured massive amounts of teasing for it. If you really like collecting, it doesn't matter what they think.

A fair question, though quite off topic.

For my answer, well.....I'm 45 next week and restarted my Lego collecting 5 years.....now days just collecting city and of course, Super Heroes. :grin:

Now for something on topic, what direction is the DC and Marvel sub-themes going to take next year ?

Are they going to stick with comic book, or film or TV series to base sets on ?

Which have been the most successful so far in two years.....film based, TV series based or good old comic book based sets ?

I'm 18 and I collect. Mainly SH, LotR + Hobbit sets, and and Jedi minifig LEGO care to make. Most my friends find it quite cool, or at least they act that way. The ones who don't accept it as one if my quirks (of which there are many!!)

Personally, I expect LEGO to stick to movies on the Marvel side, if we do get comic Marvel sets, it'll be X-Men to tie in with DofP. Maybe some USM if Lego don't do ASM2 sets.

As for DC, I expect we'll see sets based on Brave and The Bold and Arkham Origins with a slight infusion of comic-ness. And as much as it pains me to say, I think we'll be waiting a while longer for a full JL set.

Edited by The Brigante

I'm going to give you a life lesson. That is that you go through life as a kid, then you look back and realize kids... are dumb. :P

I'd compare it to Pokemon with this comic:

comic146.png

Most kids go through this stage where they try to act "non-kiddie" or more adult as they expect is the norm. They gravitate more towards Xbox and less Nintendo (why Call of Duty has a horrible community). They make fun of perfectly good "uncool" stuff like Pokemon just because it SEEMS to them like it's a kids thing. They'll make fun of Lego because it SEEMS like a kid thing too.

Then they usually grow up and realize they were dumb kids with stupid ideas about what's acceptable for adults.

The point is, whatever you like you like. And that's okay. And a lot of kids are little idiots and will give you trouble for that. But they don't matter because they're little idiots ;p. Most decent adults will have grown out of that stuff. I'm 28 and am into Lego. Sometimes I get some people "making fun" but in a playful adult unserious manner (joking without intent to harm, unlike kids who usually intend to harm ;p) because the truth is most people my age realize how awesome Lego is! The only negative response I've gotten was from my grandpa who once commented about my want for "toys" but he got over it when I started making pretty good money in video games (another area he didn't think much of until I made money). And I don't blame him, old people are like kids, sometimes they're mean because they've got old ideas ;p.

But seriously. The "Pokemon Effect" in that comic is true to many MANY things. I believe Lego applies perfectly.

With Pokemon that comic is exactly what happened to me. Playing it in Middle School and people loved it. Then in High School everyone got dumb trying to be adult and cool and often shunned or made fun of it. Then college and suddenly everyone realized what stupid kids they were and got back into Pokemon and my college was literally filled with Pokemon players at the release of each new Pokemon game (walking around, Pokemon EVERYWHERE! Like gradescool!).

Edited by BrickG

To be honest, I can't wait for 2015 sets. The new Avengers movie will have Ultron, and I'd love to see how LEGO design his head (if the movie resembles the classic Ultron).

The Batman/Superman movie will have some great new minifigures, hopefully Lex Luthor, and the Ant-Man movie might bring about a new helmet piece.

I don't think the films can deviate too much from Ultrons overall appearence, the eerie red eyes/grin are truly what make his character so identifiable and unique. He's hands down my favorite villain, so I hope they do him justice in minifigure form.

I'm kinda hoping for a few more USM sets in 2014, it'd be nice to get an official Carnage or Taskmaster. That helmet on Flash does look kind of silly though, it slightly reminds me of the helmet Shaq wore in Steel :sick: Still nice to get more additions to the Justice League.

I don't think the films can deviate too much from Ultrons overall appearence, the eerie red eyes/grin are truly what make his character so identifiable and unique. He's hands down my favorite villain, so I hope they do him justice in minifigure form.

I'm kinda hoping for a few more USM sets in 2014, it'd be nice to get an official Carnage or Taskmaster. That helmet on Flash does look kind of silly though, it slightly reminds me of the helmet Shaq wore in Steel :sick: Still nice to get more additions to the Justice League.

Well, we will have a set with USM Goblin. But carnage had less than five minutes of screen time in the show.

According to Brickset, Amazon UK has the Iron Patriot preorder.

Thats right, It has been for a few hours. I posted over in the Marvel Game forum. It is for all consoles except PC. I have already ordered mine :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: