The Jersey Brick Guy

Modular Building Sets - Rumours and Discussion

@hrdknxbrix LEGO has never approved a modular building on Ideas, and never will. This is because Ideas is for expanding the Lego portfolio of themes (such as Minecraft, Doctor Who, etc.), not previously established and still running lines like modular buildings. Sorry, but it ain't happening.

On 4/20/2024 at 4:04 AM, Murdoch17 said:

@hrdknxbrix LEGO has never approved a modular building on Ideas, and never will. This is because Ideas is for expanding the Lego portfolio of themes (such as Minecraft, Doctor Who, etc.), not previously established and still running lines like modular buildings. Sorry, but it ain't happening.

Exactly this. Someone is better trying their luck with the BDP if they want to publish a modular building. If I ever try my hand at getting a LEGO Ideas submission approved I'd probably build a retro item. We've had the PacMan Machine, the Atari, the NES, the Fender and the Polaroid Camera. You're better building what LEGO is more likely to produce rather than what you want as a set. Also once you've submitted an entry you can't do anything with it like sell plans on Rebrickable or have a third party company like Mediaeval Bricks or their parent sell your idea for you for no small period of time afterwards.

I might misremember but I think there will be an IDEAS set that would suit with modular buildings nicely?

This would have to be a "joke post," as we know it would never happen, but.....

Ghetto / Projects high rise
 - Meth/drug lab in basement

- First floor street facing shops, with cage barriers, and roll down garage doors (Bodega, Dispensary, Liquor store, pawn shop)

- Cool "dilapidated" building techniques

- GWP: That "Hobo on the bench" set we have all seen.... lolz

But seriously, would be cool..... one of the store fronts could even be a clinic (hospital tie-in) or a police sub-station....

9 hours ago, Lion King said:

I might misremember but I think there will be an IDEAS set that would suit with modular buildings nicely?

There will be a botanical garden set, that was originally done as modular compatible, but we don't know what it will end up as.

40 minutes ago, RichardGoring said:

There will be a botanical garden set, that was originally done as modular compatible, but we don't know what it will end up as.

Yup that’s one I was talking about.