I too have read that TRU in Norway price Lego lower than the Lego store, opposite to USA. I'll definitely check the different stores I have visited before, before I make up my mind as to where to buy it from.

I too have read that TRU in Norway price Lego lower than the Lego store, opposite to USA. I'll definitely check the different stores I have visited before, before I make up my mind as to where to buy it from.

Please share if you find a good price somewhere :) Kind of on a Lego budget but might be able to get one more expensive set this year :)

42009 still isn't at TRU, as you probably have seen yourself. But I'll look out for it to appear there.

looks like a awesome set, but the motorized parts are a bit dissapointing. Same with the steering. Does seem to be a excellent set to gain parts rapidly though. Noticed in the Netherlands there is a store already selling these, even for less then some reviews suggesting! 199,99 Euro http://www.bartsmit.com/lego-technic-mobiele-kraan-mk-ii-42009

looks like a awesome set, but the motorized parts are a bit dissapointing. Same with the steering. Does seem to be a excellent set to gain parts rapidly though. Noticed in the Netherlands there is a store already selling these, even for less then some reviews suggesting! 199,99 Euro http://www.bartsmit....aan-mk-ii-42009

As far as I can see, you can only leave some information behind and when it is available they will inform you. Also, if you go to http://www.brickshop.nl/lego/lego-technic/lego-42009-mobile-crane-mk-ii.html and you order before 25th of juli, you will get a 15% discount. So the crane will only cost 170 euros with free shipping cost! Ordered mine yesterday :)

8070 = Fail

42008 = Fail

42005 = Fail

Not very impressive :(

I'm not sure these are fair tests. Cranes don't lift anything with their boom cylinders. The boom is raised with no load. The winch lifts load after the boom is already in position.

Blackbird is right and also I think Technic is only to represent or imitate the functions, don´t have to lift a heavy weight or be better than a real remote control car for example.

I will try to buy a 42009 as soon as possible, an then make a 6 axle mobile crane from it :sweet: .

If we are lucky we may see it on S@H Australia by xmas......... :hmpf_bad:

I reckon it looks quite impressive with some cool functions in it :thumbup:

I'm not sure these are fair tests. Cranes don't lift anything with their boom cylinders. The boom is raised with no load. The winch lifts load after the boom is already in position.

Not always, often a heavy load is picked up on the luff with a mobile as it compensates for the deflection of the boom, picking up on the hook will result in overluffing and the load will swing away, which can cause the crane to topple. Also the boom still has to be able to luff up with the load suspended so the load can be placed where required. Though the boom angle shown is far too low for a heavy lift. Max lift is over the rear of the crane, in as close as possible.

Edited by Bricktrain

A very good price indeed, it works out at about £121 stirling which is £30 under what they're selling for in the UK at the moment.

In Denmark right now i can buy it for 1040kr = 185$ , is that a good prise? :classic:

That's gotta be the best price you'll ever find for 42009, so buy it! :laugh:

The best price I've found in Norway is 1799 NOK, roughly 1700 DKK. skriblez mentioned 1670 NOK somewhere though, roughly 1579 DKK.

When raising or lowering the boom till the end positions, bevel gear with pin hole between actuators and cabin slip with "crunch" sound.

Do you have such problem?

When raising or lowering the boom till the end positions, bevel gear with pin hole between actuators and cabin slip with "crunch" sound.

Do you have such problem?

Maybe the actuators are not in line with each other?

I am in the middle of build of 42009 at the moment, will let you know what is it.

Oh and well done for your crawler challenge, I am the proud owner of 41999 set, looking forward to building it. :-) many thanks.

Daniel.

Amazon.de sells it for 159,99€ with free shipping. Ordered it yesterday.

And i am still hesitating, if I should order it also. I do not want to buid it yet but i am not sure is the price will be stable or will rise again.

I am not sure, if i will find the time to build the crawler. ;O)

Expect toys r us to be $10.00 USD higher than lego.com. That is the trend.

I wish it's only $10. From my own experience with the TRU around here, they mark-up all LEGO sets by 20%, from Minifigs to flagship Technic sets. There's no discrimination at all. If I don't see it on sale at Target, I buy it from LEGO S@H or Amazon. I don't buy anything from TRU.

I wish it's only $10. From my own experience with the TRU around here, they mark-up all LEGO sets by 20%, from Minifigs to flagship Technic sets. There's no discrimination at all. If I don't see it on sale at Target, I buy it from LEGO S@H or Amazon. I don't buy anything from TRU.

That is quite a hike! Every TRU I've been to has had about a 10% hike. The Unimog that usually goes for 199.99 is 219.99 at TRU.

sorry, but when toys are us is more expensive than at lego itself, why someone should buy lego at TRU?

Edited by efferman