Thank you for the review. It was an enjoyable read. And the more information I get, the more I want this set.

Excellent review! :-)

Can I ask, is the box the same size as 8043?

Daniel.

I don't have my 8043 box anymore to compare, but I just measured the 42009 box at 58cm x 47.5cm x 8.5cm

I don't have my 8043 box anymore to compare, but I just measured the 42009 box at 58cm x 47.5cm x 8.5cm

Cheers. Yep, the same as 8043.

Thanks.

So, the 42009 crane box is smaller than what you would think it to be, and as of such, appears to be more full of parts? No unnecessarily big box with 100 % space and 80 % parts in it?

So, the 42009 crane box is smaller than what you would think it to be, and as of such, appears to be more full of parts? No unnecessarily big box with 100 % space and 80 % parts in it?

Lego finally appeared to have come to their senses regarding their boxes.

It was getting ridiculous. The 8043 in particular is a big offender - 20% lego and 80% air!

Since I keep all boxes I have to keep sets within other sets like Russian dolls to save space.

I'm actually liking the B-model as much as the main model. Defenatly different as well as getting two vehicles.

Good review. I can also attest to the fact that differentiating between the black and dark bluish grey beams is something TLG could really work on.

I agree, I suffer from a form of Macular Dystrophy (effects central vision / colour) and I have a lot of issues as well with those colours as well.

I'm actually liking the B-model as much as the main model. Defenatly different as well as getting two vehicles.

I kinda like it too. It's a different kind of B-model you don't see that often, built into 3 models.

I just already finished building 42009. It is very huge and heavy (as for official set) truck. Everything except outriggers works with satisfying speed. Sometimes the center of boom get stuck but it's just a half of second. I think that is possible to get MK II motorize with XL (or L) engine for purpose and servo for steering. In the front, between two seats there is perfect room for servo and Xl engine you can place instead V8. Stay tuned for many pictures that I made among building and i have to take some outdoor photos (when it stops raining in Warsaw :) )

They are only available for some regions (e.g. Germany or Switzerland). Not nice Lego S@H, not nice...

Is this correct?

• Features LEGO® Power Functions motor-powered extending outriggers, lowering feet, extending or raising crane arm and retractable winch

• Also includes a rotating superstructure, 8-wheel drive, 5 axles, 10 wheels and a detailed V8 motor with moving pistons, 8882 LEGO Power Functions XL-Motor and 8881 LEGO Power Functions Battery Box

• 2 models in 1: rebuilds into a container stacker and truck

• Extend the outriggers for increased stability

• Extend the crane arm over 30” (77cm) into the air!

• Steer all 8 wheels

• The engine pistons really move!

• Measures (with retracted crane arm and outriggers) over 8" (21cm) high, 23" (59cm) long and 5" (15cm) wide

• Container stacker measures over 20" (52cm) high with boom fully extended, 19" (50cm) long and 7" (18cm) wide

• Container truck measures over 3” (10cm) high, 11” (28cm) long and 3” (8cm) wide

• Building instructions for Mobile Crane MK II included

Greets,

Fresko

They are only available for some regions (e.g. Germany or Switzerland). Not nice Lego S@H, not nice...

You're right, I checked it now and it's only available in Switzerland, Germany and Austria. I hope they will release it soon to other locations

Really surprising its available @ shop at home, amazon.de doesn't even list it yet and all the other retailers are listing august.I'm undecided whether to order it now or not, as usually amazon/ebay/etc is at least 15% cheaper

Edited by S.I

Really surprising its available @ shop at home, amazon.de doesn't even list it yet and all the other retailers are listing august.I'm undecided whether to order it now or not, as usually amazon/ebay/etc is at least 15% cheaper

depends if you can wait to save your money :wink:

For me, this is the only 2H 2013 set I'm interested in :grin: so I'll definitely be getting this, so many useful parts :wub:

Since I am pretty tight on schedule until after my birthday, I will wait until then. And perhaps it is then available for cheaper on Amazon or eBay.

Great review... I am building it at the moment, but I am stuck in Book 2... because it shows that you have to pull out the 2 "stanchions" in front and in the back... but if I pull out the one in front the others roll in and the other way round... someone got an advice where my mistake could be?! :cry_sad: thanks a lot