iCIQvINjvVaVw.gif

I seriously want to see more of Unikitty somewhere, like maybe in a short one minute sketch or something.

:grin_wub: So cute!! And I agree, some sort of spin-off cartoon series or something would be awesome.

thoughts

I did like the movie. But I don't like how it played by a kid.I would have prefered only legos

any ideas about the DVD???

Edited by larsyuipo

I just saw The LEGO Movie the other day. I absolutely loved it. :wub: The movie was great, awesome, creative, hilarious, and touching.

The sense of humor was great. Random example: police crocodiles. :grin::laugh:

I liked the idea of a bland everyman hero who knows he's that and makes fun of himself. The film is very self-aware and doesn't take itself too seriously.

I love the stop-motion style look. Does anyone know if the movie was stop-motion, or used cgi that mimicked stop-motion? Either way, it looked really good. The use of mini-scale for long distance shots was great, too.

The storyline is great. Lord Business is a dictator who runs Octan, the fictional petroleum company from the Lego sets, which makes everything in this world, and he's the president of the world. Follow the instructions or you'll be put to sleep! :grin::laugh:

We later learn that Lord Business is the dad who won't let his son (represented by construction worker Emmet) play with his giant collection of LEGO and "mess things up".

The ultimate weapon is kragle, or Krazy Glue, which the dad was using to cement the bricks together. Ultimately, the son convinces dad to share the LEGO collection and let the kid play with them, and un-cement the bricks. So, instead of defeating the villain, the villain is convinced to be good. A rarely seen plot resolution, and a very nice and heart-warming one.

The movie pays tribute to and references just about every Lego theme ever, which the characters tour through, building things on the spot to help them in their adventure.

So anyway, I am back. :sweet: I didn't lose interest in LEGO. It's just that past the couple of years have been really hectic, so I didn't have as much time as I would've liked, to keep up with all the online communities I follow. I actually have quite a few MOCs that I worked on during that time that I need to post. :tongue:

Edited by Skulls_Eye_Schooner_Sailor

Amazon FR have the DVD for pre order, and it says that the release date is June 25th. Will probably be earlier for countries which have had earlier release dates respectively.

Edited by Lance

Hey, does anybody have an image of the giant map of "The Lego Movie World" that was shown briefly on-screen when they were explaining all of the different Lego realms outside of Brickburg?

Of course I remember the City of "Bricksburg" and "The Old West", which is called "Flatbush Gulch" in the video game... And I remember that "Cloud Cuckoo Land" is on the rainbow right above the Castle realm of "Middle Zealand".

Does anyone have an image of the full map? Does it appear in a cut-scene in the video game? Or does anyone with a fast eye remember any other realms that were shown or named? Can someone grab a cell phone snapshot or a video clip in the theater next time you go?

Edited by The Real Indiana Jones

That was one of my favourite movies. I must say that the scene with the sea made me feel a little sick, but the rest of it was fantastic.

No promotional minifigures in TW, though these weekends 7-11 have been giving promotional file folders which use the poster images. I'd wait for Wyldstyle's.

12656817574_3e7328186d.jpg

12656774584_8267048413.jpg

Watched it today and...WOW! I figured I'd like it as an AFOL, but not this much! So much was hidden in there, even a Fabland reference. And the ending was so amazing, even though my wife, as soon as she saw Will Ferrells basement, started laughing uncontrollably saying "that's just like you!" It was really fun though, with cool AFOL reference throughout. I believe I even saw the CMF des played on the wall.

That was a refreshing breath from a line of boring movies lately. (Save for Frozen, that was great.)

Onto the movie, it was amazing, and the top right corner of that map says Vladek's realm!

The ending: I did NOT see that coming, at all.

I believe you mean this:

12649896325_0c136b4372_c.jpg

Thanks! If they follow the rule of the Star Wars Original Trilogy, then they will take us to three realms per movie. The first was Bricksburg/Octan, Wild West, and Cloud Cuckoo Land... So the next two should show us more of Middle Zealand, Pirate's Cove, Dino Island, Ancient Egypt, Atlantis, and Cape Space... Perhaps with tie-ins to Lord of the Rings and Star Wars.

P.S. - Does anyone know what that dark-red realm in the far south is? It is called [something] Landing, but the subtitles are blocking it out. Or how about the big grey one just north of that, or the big light-blue one just east of that?

Edited by The Real Indiana Jones

The ending: I did NOT see that coming, at all.

It should could have been nice, if there aren't things that we should see they come but they didn't.

My friends took me to see it today. I had been apprehensive.

Watched it today and...WOW! I figured I'd like it as an AFOL, but not this much! So much was hidden in there, even a Fabland reference. And the ending was so amazing, even though my wife, as soon as she saw Will Ferrells basement, started laughing uncontrollably saying "that's just like you!" It was really fun though, with cool AFOL reference throughout. I believe I even saw the CMF des played on the wall.

Yes - there were lots of references to other LEGO lines. It's a shame they were really only presented as flashes of photographs.

I don't "get" how MetalBeard fit into the plot, or why the Millennium Falcon showed up. It was funny all the way through, but it was only OK until we saw the plot of the film

in the context of Will Ferrell's basement and his meddling child.

Thanks! If they follow the rule of the Star Wars Original Trilogy, then they will take us to three realms per movie. The first was Bricksburg/Octan, Wild West, and Cloud Cuckoo Land... So the next two should show us more of Middle Zealand, Pirate's Cove, Dino Island, Ancient Egypt, Atlantis, and Cape Space... Perhaps with tie-ins to Lord of the Rings and Star Wars.

P.S. - Does anyone know what that dark-red realm in the far south is? It is called [something] Landing, but the subtitles are blocking it out. Or how about the big grey one just north of that, or the big light-blue one just east of that?

The one covered by the subtitles is Viking's Landing. Not sure about the others, though.

The one covered by the subtitles is Viking's Landing. Not sure about the others, though.

Thanks for the info. It seems funny that they didn't put the Vikings up next to Middle Zealand and Vladek's Realm!

And are those last two southern territories labelled? Or maybe they are keeping those labels a secret for now...

Not sure if this has been discussed, but the Lego Movie sequel is due for May 26, 2017

Not sure if this has been discussed, but the Lego Movie sequel is due for May 26, 2017

Source?

So... I FINALLY SAW IT!

WOWOWOWOWOWOOW it was so AWESOME! I was shaking through the whole movie because I was so excited! It was hilarious!

Real scene, Finn, DUPLO Aliens at the end, all were great!

-Sci

Oh gosh, I just got something...

Cloud Cuckooland is located above Middle Zealand, right? And it's not on that map. That makes perfect sense...

...given that it would originally have been located in Finn's room or the living room, literally above the basement. It wouldn't be on the map, because Finn's father wouldn't even think about Cloud Cuckooland in his organization of all his themes.

:grin:

Equally interesting it came out why the sequel will have different writers. Phil Lord and Chris Miller to co writer/directors of The Lego Movie will be too busy writing and directing...

Drum roll please

NINJAGO!

Equally interesting it came out why the sequel will have different writers. Phil Lord and Chris Miller to co writer/directors of The Lego Movie will be too busy writing and directing...

Drum roll please

NINJAGO!

Although I already knew about this, I should say that with how excellent the Lego Movie was...

Ninjago may just do even better.

I was stoked for The Lego Movie... but Ninjago? :grin_wub: