2 hours ago, aussie_huddo said:

Just bought 42100 yesterday for AU$580. Fair bit of savings off the AU$750 on the Lego site. 

Where’d you snag that? I’m waiting out to try find it $500 or under

1 minute ago, Bartybum said:

Where’d you snag that? I’m waiting out to try find it $500 or under

Was on FB marketplace for $630 and got it down from there.

The cheapest retail place for any Lego I've found is I'm Rick James Bricks. They have it at $650.

Bought 42083 for ~110€ with missing 4 bags. Got them rly cheap so Bugatti is now sitting in my glass case :)

Recently bought 42043 (Mercedes Benz Arocs) for the equivalent of 80 US$ through local online market place. Was built just once by an adult. Perfect condition, pristine building instructions. Me happy. :)

OMG!!!! I just got the Lego set 42100 For $77.38 USD !!!!  I can't believe this and I just bought one...

Paid with

Balance$77.38 USD

Shipped to

United States

LEGO Technic Liebherr R 9800 Excavator 42100
Edited by sirslayer

Come on, don't tell me you didn't google shappera.com before paying?

Yes, Paypal will probably bail you out, but it might be a lenghtly battle

Also, 77USD it most likely below TLG's cost (margin/profit on LEGO is indeed quite slim) so why in the world did you think this was a good idea?

Hope it turns out allright

Cheers,

Ole

Yes they have the UCS imperial star destoryer for $77 too. Better contact paypal ASAP. 

He lives at 2306 seagull court in richmond VA probaly in the basement :pir-blush:

Edited by ctx1769

and a Bugatti for $60 dollars!!!  It would take 30 days but paypal recommends to give a week and if there's no tracking info then you contact paypal to start the refund process.. Im just hoping its a grand opening special!! 

Edited by sirslayer

Then you're daft. It's a common scam that's been around since the invention of the human being

I was like this years ago victim of a scam for a 41999. Lost 300 EUR! :damn: Dutch police didn’t do anything despite I provided them with the bank account details of the fraud. In the meantime the Dutch trade portal Marktplaats has introduced user/buyer ratings, so things have improved a bit.

But I learned my lesson: When it is too good to be true, forget about it!

With this whole story, I have lost my interest in the 41999 and am no longer looking to buy it.

I built the other crawler before it, i just brinklinked the parts i did not have and got some from TLG and used digital plans to build it. Didn't have the stickers, but looked good enough without.

Shame you got scammed for your money :hmpf_bad:  

22 minutes ago, ctx1769 said:

I built the other crawler before it, i just brinklinked the parts i did not have and got some from TLG and used digital plans to build it. Didn't have the stickers, but looked good enough without.

Damn. Some of the parts from 41999 are pretty pricey ?

29 minutes ago, ctx1769 said:

Yes, I may follow this approach. I should have most parts ... Frustrating indeed, but I have learned my lesson. 

Just now, mortenm said:

Damn. Some of the parts from 41999 are pretty pricey ?

9398-1 - 4 x 4 Crawler i'm talking about it had the idental chassis and motor set up as the 41999 :tongue:

2 minutes ago, ctx1769 said:

9398-1 - 4 x 4 Crawler i'm talking about it had the idental chassis and motor set up as the 41999 :tongue:

I know, but the dark blue 5x11 panels are pretty expensive! Might just buy some black ones ?

Not sure if this fits in here, but I just received a Bricks and Pieces order of recently released parts. $170 Canadian with taxes and shipping for items that are spread out in multiple sets that I don't own.

Condition:  brand new, guaranteed genuine Lego. 

YVIqq4Lr.jpg

Indeed, Bricks & Pieces is the best way to get larger numbers of novel pieces. I never understood why BrickLink stores sell novel pieces at very high prices. They're not scarce or hard to get. Unless you live in a country not served by Bricks & Pieces.

Well it took 11 days for paypal to refund my money.....  thank you paypal and I went ahead and deleted my link so it doesn't happen to anyone else!!

Case closed

Case ID: PP-D-54372957

The case was closed in your favor.

View case history

Case details

Dispute Reason

Item not received

Case Status

Closed

Case Resolution

Decided in your favour

Adjudication reason

No response was received from the seller.

Seller information

杜 杰

Transaction amount

$77.38 USD

Refund requested

$77.38 USD

This reminds me some ebay sellers or fraudulent persons, who hack stores of genuine sellers and list, for example, Porshe 42096 for $36 - they are selling in tens of copies, but, of course, none was delivered.

Be careful guys!

Edited by Aleh