Sign in to follow this  
Bricktrix

MOC: LMS 10000 / 10001 "the Twins"

gallery_8966_241_3924.png gallery_8966_235_3881.png

"The Twins" Now finished and will be on running display at the Bucks Railway Centre show 25-27th this month.

Managed to get 3 working front LED lights on 10000.

Both have 9v motors in...again a bit of "smoke an mirrors" with them as they have a dummy 3rd rim above the track. The pics dont really show it but I managed to get hold of some metalic brushed aluminium vinyl for the numbers and lettering, which looks very nice IRL and true to proto. 3mm tube is LEGO metalic silver, again the pics dont show it well.

I've also tried to include the subtle differences between the engines ;)

These are the first 7 wide full size diesels I have done (they were sort of a test to see if I can re-visit the class 37 and 40) and also now the longest at 2 or 4 studs (cant remember) longer than the Pullman DMU units.

1a.jpg

1c.jpg

Link to Flickr set:

Again, fantastic work - those bogies look great. You've been quite busy lately!

Stunning! I was very keen on the LMS as a teenager and despite being a steam loco only type of girl these two diesel locos made a rare impression on me.

Another pair of model quality MOCs from the grand master and once more the bar has been raised again.

Lovely model again, and you even built two! I'm not a big fan of what you've done to the bogies, but I realize you need to compromise if you want it powered. I especially appreciate what you've done with the windscreen area; that sort of shape is really difficult to get right!

Holy cows! These locomotives are fantastic. An insane amount of detail work- hasn't anyone told you that you can not put that much detail into a lego train?

These look really nice, will be good to see them running at the show so if you get any film please post it for us to see. Thanks.

Thank you all, much appreciated comments :classic:

L@go, yeah been busy, but more for work than these. These have all just accumulated in being finished all together as I had to for next weeks show!

Commander wolf, yup not a massive fan of them either, but I dont mind them and have accepted them as they serve their purpose morso than the standard 9v motor shroud in grey.

Zephyr, yes they have lol and when they do it usually makes me try and put more in!

Hrw, I sure will be putting videos of them up running. We've also been testing a way of getting sound chips to work in them today, using a system pretty much as rebelego has used. So, these will hopefully be running with sound in both (The O-gauge pair at Pete Watermans sound fantastic running together) so I'm very much looking forwards to when this happens and again will get videos up.

Tbroyd, will you be at the show as a vistor or displaying?....do I know you and not associate your user name with who you are?

Edited by Bricktrix

Beautiful work Bricktrix! These are fantastic, very detailed. Excellent work and congrats on getting them front paged! Well deserved :classic:

Really nice model, the amount of details in these models is great, and the bogies are amazing.