Siegfried

Which set should I buy?

I´m going to buy one of this. I prefer the TIE (almost of my collection is from the OT) but the starfighter is really cool (and its stickers :sadnew: ). I have a X-Wing and a Tie Advanced, so, a Tie Fighter will be a great complement. I have the Emperor´s Shuttle from Ep.III, if i bought the 9494 I will complete the Mustafar part, that wolud be fine.

PS: If I choose the 9494, I will buy it in the official shop; how long it takes the shipping? I´m from Spain.

Thanks

Topic merged into here.

I´m going to buy one of this. I prefer the TIE (almost of my collection is from the OT) but the starfighter is really cool (and its stickers :sadnew: ). I have a X-Wing and a Tie Advanced, so, a Tie Fighter will be a great complement. I have the Emperor´s Shuttle from Ep.III, if i bought the 9494 I will complete the Mustafar part, that wolud be fine.

PS: If I choose the 9494, I will buy it in the official shop; how long it takes the shipping? I´m from Spain.

Thanks

TIE fighter, no doubt. It would complete your set of OT fighters, and it's probably the best official TIE there is. Not a hugely interesting build, but the finished article is beautiful

My wife has just phoned me to tell me that she has won £200 Toy-R-Us vouchers in a competition and that they are all for me! :tongue:

Needless to say the whole is going to be blown on LEGO and I want to get a variety of sets but also feel like I'm getting something special. So far, my shopping list looks like this:

- 4440 City Forest Police Station (because I have the rest of the Forest Police range)

- 7287 City Police Boat (because I really want the hull)

- 3936 Friends Emma's Design Studio (because I have no Friends sets and this one has the accessories I think I will be able to use easiest elsewhere)

And EITHER:

- 8129 AT-AT

OR

- 7965 Millenium Falcon

In addition, Toys-R-Us are currently giving away either a blue brick box (4626) or pink brick box (4625) with purchases over £50 so I should be able to wangle one each of them too. I wouldn't have chosen to buy them normally but if they're free....

Overall not a bad haul but I do need help deciding between the two Star Wars sets - or would be interested if anyone has any better or different suggestions overall...??

Cheers

Rog

Edited by rriggs

My wife has just phoned me to tell me that she has won £200 Toy-R-Us vouchers in a competition and that they are all for me! :tongue:

Needless to say the whole is going to be blown on LEGO and I want to get a variety of sets but also feel like I'm getting something special. So far, my shopping list looks like this:

- 4440 City Forest Police Station (because I have the rest of the Forest Police range)

- 7287 City Police Boat (because I really want the hull)

- 3936 Friends Emma's Design Studio (because I have no Friends sets and this one has the accessories I think I will be able to use easiest elsewhere)

And EITHER:

- 8129 AT-AT

OR

- 7965 Millenium Falcon

In addition, Toys-R-Us are currently giving away either a blue brick box (4626) or pink brick box (4625) with purchases over £50 so I should be able to wangle one each of them too. I wouldn't have chosen to buy them normally but if they're free....

Overall not a bad haul but I do need help deciding between the two Star Wars sets - or would be interested if anyone has any better or different suggestions overall...??

Cheers

Rog

I'd go for the AT-AT without hesitation. One, it's an older set than the Falcon so it may go away sooner. Two, it has Bespin(ESB) Han and General Veers minifigures which I don't believe come in any other sets. And, three, I feel the overall design of the Falcon is not that great as far as aesthetic shape. I feel the AT-AT displays much better.

daisy

I would say go for the Log Cabin. I don't have the Lighthouse, but I would think you could do more with the cabin for your needs at this given time. Although, since you do like lighthouses, that would be a nice purchase at the Lego store. I think you have a good plan there.

TomRoid

I would say go for Grand Emporium. I have the Mini Modulars and I love them, but since they just came out, they will probably be around for a while. And I would expect TLG to release mini versions of the future releases also. We just have to give it time. But Grand Emporium is older and will not be around forever. It looks like a repetitive, but beautiful building in the end (I have yet to build mine). I think it would look great in any town setting.

hachiroku

I actually had the same question between the TIE and starfighter sets. I ended up buying the TIE, but I will buy the starfighter set soon also. I haven't built the TIE yet, but the box art itself looks awesome and it would complete your OT collection. Like any Lego fan, get them both :wink:

rriggs

That is awesome, free money for Lego! Do you have any other SW sets? As in, do you have a lot of the figures already. I am just now getting into SW, so I have very little in the world of figures, so the Falcon is appealing to me in that regard. It is an iconic ship with a great minifig line-up, but if you already have some of them, then it might not be worth it to have duplicates of them. The ship itself looks great. A lot of people have complained about it, but I like it much better than some of the previous versions based on box art alone. Like I said, I haven't owned any of them. The AT-AT is very nice looking and would probably display better. Plus, it is older and being an exclusive will go away sooner probably. The minifig line-up is decent there and you do get a few exclusive figures, but they aren't terribly expensive to purchase in the aftermarket, so that may be something to consider. The AT-AT I believe is cheaper also, so that may leave room for more Lego in your haul. If I were in your situation, I would probably buy the Falcon, if for anything the figures. And plan on getting the AT-AT sometime, but ultimately kick myself for not getting it before it left. What a predicament :tongue:.

I was able to sell off a bunch of toys in order to have money to buy the Modular Fire Brigade. However, I was just at the Lego store and I noticed that they had 2 Town Halls with damaged boxes for $167. I have enough money to buy either one, but I am conflicted inside about getting a good price on a more expensive set and grabbing Fire Brigade before it is completely gone from retail. I suppose in the big scheme of things $30 is not a huge deal and perhaps I will regret missing the Fire Brigade more than I would regret saving $30. Maybe, I'm just looking for affirmation that I'm making the right decision.

What are your thoughts?

What are your thoughts?

Fire Brigade. Would you rather pay $30 more for the Town Hall later, or $800 for the Fire Brigade? :wink::laugh:

Fire Brigade. Would you rather pay $30 more for the Town Hall later, or $800 for the Fire Brigade? :wink::laugh:

While I'm sure $800 is a tad high, your overall statement is pretty much a done deal. Saving $30 will pale in comparison to having to pay, at least double what the FB is now.

The Town Hall will also be extremely expensive down the road. If you are trying to complete or mostly complete a modular collection, then go Fire Brigade and get the Town Hall later. I personally think the Town Hall is a better set, so if you are only planning on getting one modular, go with the Town Hall.

Edited by Sid Sidious

sharky

I would say Fire Brigade first. Not only will it disappear first (if it hasn't already?), it also is a beautiful building. Everyone raves about Cafe Corner and Green Grocer, and they are incredibly beautiful, but the Fire Brigade is my favorite Modular so far. Granted, mine was missing a few bags of pieces when I tried putting it together, but once those were shipped to me all went smoothly. The building itself looks great though. I think the Town Hall is another nice building, but I would wait and save up for that since it will be available for a while. I only recently got the Grand Emporium, so I'm still down the Pet Shop and then the Town Hall, so I won't be buying that for quite some time.

What are your thoughts?

Easy decision. Go for the Fire Brigade now. You won'te be able to find it at retail for too much longer and we all know what happens to sets once they're sold out. Town Hall will be around for a couple of years at least and you'll have the opportunity to find a good sale sometime during that time.

Marvel is on it's way, and I really like all the sets. Currently, I'm torn between Loki's Cosmic Cube Escape and Wolverine's Chopper Showdown. Which one should I get first? :classic:

That depends on whether you like Wolverine or Iron Man more. :wink: My son picked the Cosmic Cube escape, and we built it this morning. Not a bad set, but probably less playability than the Chopper showdown since that comes with both a motorcycle and the helicopter. But the Iron Man figure is very cool with his flip-up visor, and I love the parts that came in that set.

Really it's a coin flip as to which one to get, both are great and I love that LEGO gave us two sets at the same price point.

Marvel is on it's way, and I really like all the sets. Currently, I'm torn between Loki's Cosmic Cube Escape and Wolverine's Chopper Showdown. Which one should I get first? :classic:

They're both great sets. Both vehicles are pretty nice. The figs in 6866 are all exclusive. In 6867 on Ironman(in a way) is exclusive. Ironman really is a cool fig once you get him in your hands. Like meyerc13 said, it depends on which you're a fan of more, Avengers or X-Men. They both have decent playability, if you're into that kind of thing... :wink: I don't know, it's a tough choice, I'd say get both as they're both fairly inexpensive.

Me to dude, me to. :cry_sad: Im leaning towards Lokis escape, cause of Iron Man. :sweet:

I'm really stuck on what to get...

I really like the TIE Fighter, the X-Wing, the Y-Wing and the LOTR range. I want them all, but I cannot have them all and I only have about £100.

What the hell do I get?

Thanks for the help guys. The two sets really are close, but that video convinced me to get Wolverine's Chopper Showdown. And I have always really liked Wolverine, and Magneto and the helicopter look really good in my opinion. Also, I'm very embarrassed to admit, that I didn't actually know which Superheroes were the Avengers before a few months ago. :blush:

I really like the TIE Fighter, the X-Wing, the Y-Wing and the LOTR range. I want them all, but I cannot have them all and I only have about £100.

What the hell do I get?

I don't thing you can go wrong with either the X-Wing or Tie Fighter. Both are classic OT ships that everyone knows and loves. The question you have to ask yourself, are you a fan of the Republic or the Empire. Personally, I always want the Rebels to win so I would go with the X-Wing. I mean come on, Luke piloted that ship and destroyed the Death Star.

Now if you're a big LotR fan and favor that over Star Wars, I would save up my money and wait until the LotR sets are released.

Bottom line, you can't lose with whatever decision you make.

Edited by Sir_Basil_Ashton

What the hell do I get?

£100 is a great x-wing + TIE fighter combo. Just about perfect. And if you buy next Friday from Lego.com or a Lego store, you'll get a free TC14 minifig

I'm just about to come out of my dark ages, and I'm at loss of what to get. Either i get the Death Star during the may fourth promotion (as the star wars fan I am) , or i get the three currently available modular houses. I am probably bound to having to chose between the fire brigade and death star, as I can not afford both probably before they retire. Which am I more likely to regret not getting before it is too late?

Edited by Aquanaut

I'm just about to come out of my dark ages, and I'm at loss of what to get. Either i get the Death Star during the may fourth promotion (as the star wars fan I am) , or i get the three currently available modular houses. I am probably bound to having to chose between the fire brigade and death star, as I can not afford both probably before they retire. Which am I more likely to regret not getting before it is too late?

I'm a Star Wars fan, and I'm going to say you should go with the Fire Brigade. Maybe it's just because I do lots of MOCs, but the Death Star has always seemed rather simplistic to me. Yes, it's big, and it has lots of play features and minifigs, but the building techniques as a whole aren't that advanced and I don't think it looks that good without the outer skin. Other Star Wars fans seem to rave about it, though.

Yeah... I seem to be getting a lot more for the money with the modular houses, too. Three modular houses seem to be around the same price as the Death Star. And my girlfriend might actually let me have them on display. It might be harder to convince her about the Death Star. I think I'll wait to see if it gets significantly cheaper may fourth, though... Maybe I can afford both!

(I bet she'll regretting getting me that X-Wing for my birthday pretty soon).

If you're looking for display, either the imperial shuttle or SSD would be great. But I don't think either is going OOP soon so no rush. The VW camper is also a great combination of fun build with lots of little 'hey, that's neat' moments, and a good display model.

Modulars are fantastic too though, and compact enough to sit on a shelf